It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 185
<< 182  183  184    186  187  188 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Here's Good Ole Thad....BUSTED!

Coast Guard admits dispersants still in use “over the wellhead”

Snippet
[A liaison officer with the United State Coast Guard told the Destin Log that dispersants are currently “being used over the wellhead in Louisiana.”]

Source www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...

Ektar

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

Do you have any idea how much it costs to operate just one of these ROVs? If they wanted to cover it all up, then they simply wouldn't have the feeds on. Period.

Okay, but why are they using ROV's at all then? Were they ordered to? More importantly, why are they recording footage of ROV's sitting there doing nothing? What would be the point of that? (Recording messages popping up on screen) Half the ROV's are offline most of the time at this point and quality continues to degrade and they rarely show anything important (BOP) when they are on. I'm not saying cover ALL of it up, just the incriminating parts as best they can by having the ROV's do absolutely nothing most of the time. I mean, they ARE trying to avoid fines by pretending everything is okay, right?

Was it BP's idea to set up live feeds for us to see or was it a government order?

Maybe it's just that I don't trust them at all and I wasn't buying into looped footage myself until I saw what I thought was looped footage for the first and only time.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Kratos1220]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Mayor: Reports of “Mystery Dispersant” in Florida; Sprayed workers sent to hospital, then blood testing
Snippet
[A troubling article in the August 10 Destin Log reports on the continued use of dispersants.

According to the paper, Destin Mayor Sam Seevers has had “multiple reports from area residents about suspicious activity” related to “using dispersants in state waters.”]

Ektar

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
ANOTHER cleanup worker sprayed: “Made his leg swell like a balloon”; Takes pill for “itching all the time” (VIDEO)
Snippet
[“Before [going] to the Gulf, he had to take a physical and got a clean bill of health. Now, he says he’s got to take almost a dozen pills to combat swelling,” the report adds.

“I take fluid pills… I take antibiotics. I take pain killers. There’s another pill, it’s for this itching all the time.”]

Ektar

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
THIS IS A MUST READ!!!

BP Gulf Oil Spill Static Kill Has Failed And Created Mess That Will Make Well Harder To Seal
Snippet
[Drilling Experts Says BP Well Is Not Dead, Static Kill has Failed, and BP Needs To Answer Questions About Clouds Coming From Sea Floor.]
Snippet
[Fishgrease, another oil industry expert that I mentioned earlier weighs in on the issue of the open communication that has caused a the choke line to freeze up and led to a new leak in the well.

I awoke early this morning to find they’ve got a hell of a pressure drop across those chokes on the capping stack…. those new ones they installed because the brand #ing new automated valves below them all failed and now require manual locks.
An ROV using a methanol hot-stab to try to thaw a choke out. Get this. It was poking the hot-stab INTO the end of the choke pipe! That’s right! They’re idiots! For that choke to freeze up like that (there were patches of external ice indicating it got pretty damned cold) there had to be a significant pressure drop across it. Pouring methanol into the low pressure end of that choke pipe is just… it’s #ing funny!]

Source ______beforeitsnews/story/135/678/BP_Gulf_Oil_Spill_Static_Kill_Has_Failed_And_Created_Mess_That_Will_Make_Well_Harder_To_Seal.html

The photo below is one I shot & it goes
with the above Bold Text...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c2cb257f814.jpg[/atsimg]

Ektar

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Hey Ektar, very interesting.....I have searched all news outlets and there is nothing (yet) except for Alexanders blog..........seems all the underground sites have linked it.......

Let me know if you see anything above the radar......

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Is anyone looking at skandi 1? What are we looking at .....

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Ektar, et all,

Rep. Ed Markey, Dem. from Mass. He's been on top of BP from the beginning, was the person who insisted BP show live feeds. He's chair of House Energy and Environment subcommittee and House select committee on Energy Independence and Global Warming. I know he's precided at one or more committee hearings that have been on CSPAN, I think. Perhaps are still archived there.

I'm relieved to hear several of you-Clouds in the Sky?-are amassing documentation. I just wonder if it would be auspicious to try to contact Rep. Markey now; perhaps one of his aides could be a collaborator with you on what you have gathered so far. This documentation could be something he really appreciates and could do something with right now; especially since MSM is ignoring it. Timing could be crucial here.

He just wrote a letter to BP to clarify the amount of oil leak, in regards to fines. His website has addresses, phone numbers.

Of course another option would be to contact your own Rep. or Sen.: especially if they are on committees that are pertinent to the spill.

Yes, the yellow panel I was referring to was 3rd from the bottom of your screen shots.

At 11:05 am PDT I saw a huge blow out on Skandi 2. Huge clouds, large blobs of oil. Lasted at least 7 minutes than the camera moved away.

Awesome work, all of you.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
4:05 pm central time...BIG stuff going on Skandi 1 and Skandi 2....bop area covered in black smoke....skandi 2 showing explosion with what looks like fire again....

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
4:12.....explosion died down....now showing a jagged crack in seafloor with white cloudy stuff coming out....every now and then it turns yellow and orange. Skandi 1 at the BOP is getting darker and darker....I have been watching it envelope the whole screen...it has movement to it.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
4:21.....Skandi 2 ....all the sudden started ascending very rapidly, then huge white clouds came billowing up under it....it started ascending faster as if they were trying to get it out of there....it was at about 4032 feet and the white clouds from the explosion were just under it.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos1220

Do you have any idea how much it costs to operate just one of these ROVs? If they wanted to cover it all up, then they simply wouldn't have the feeds on. Period.

Okay, but why are they using ROV's at all then? Were they ordered to? More importantly, why are they recording footage of ROV's sitting there doing nothing? What would be the point of that? (Recording messages popping up on screen) Half the ROV's are offline most of the time at this point and quality continues to degrade and they rarely show anything important (BOP) when they are on. I'm not saying cover ALL of it up, just the incriminating parts as best they can by having the ROV's do absolutely nothing most of the time. I mean, they ARE trying to avoid fines by pretending everything is okay, right?

Was it BP's idea to set up live feeds for us to see or was it a government order?

Maybe it's just that I don't trust them at all and I wasn't buying into looped footage myself until I saw what I thought was looped footage for the first and only time.

Well the have to use ROVs...how else will all the work that is being done, that we don't see, get done without them? It's nearly a mile deep in some places they are at. Humans cannot go to that depth without a submarine.

All ROVs of this type have recording mechanisms in them. The whole point aside from them doing the work of humans, is to record and log the data they gather during those processes. Their systems are a lot like a computer. The Recording errors are on the ROVs themselves and often times a reboot of the recording systems works, which is why we only see it sometimes as opposed to all the time. After several of those failures, the ROVs have the tendency to surface.

In Quality, these feeds are redirected to us. They are watched by their "command center" before they are then beamed to us...not to mention they are a mile deep, have to send signals to the ships, which record, log and broadcast data to the command center, which then sends it to the website of BP, then we see it...So that on top of the proven color enhancements and scales they are using, that is not likely coming from those who are operating these things. There was one time I saw the Q4000 cam shut off like it was a TV...was the damndest thing. So what appears offline to us, is not necessarily offline to them, or the ROVs dead. They just black the screen. I could do it...its easy actually. We also do not see all the feeds there are...in my media page, and a few pages back in this thread, I posted several pictures from Q4000, that were showing ROVs, and lights from them at 'a' BOP and were not active feeds on the BP site, or any other site. Never sow that shot again since then.

Oh this is a cover up...and yes I do think there is and always a conspiracy behind this. BP knew the consequences. They went around and tried to save so much money and cut corners so bad, you can bet there is a cover up here. Documents if i recall, even shown BP said "this could never happen," and therefore did not even consider a contingency plan. A nuclear power plant has at least 5 safeguards to prevent a total nuclear meltdown. The NOAA may say the oil just vanished without a trace. I don't trust BP as far as I can throw them. At least with these feeds, one can only hope that the evidence we and others on the web have gathered, could be used to prosecute those responsible for this disaster.

They cannot hide everything. There lies the catch 22 for them. They know, and are smart enough, and have the money to hire people to keep an eye on sites like these for those who are die hard watchers. What we provide as the what ifs, ands and buts, can ultimately spread like wildfire over the net in hours or less. Nothing like this has ever happened on the planet...and yet we are lead to believe everything is OK and just peachy. These feeds, in some cases, though hard for everyone to gather the footage when MSM is sitting on their a**es.

The government ordered them to KEEP the feeds online. That was in the very beginning when BP just turned them off altogether for a time. But the government is as much to blame as BP. They to never had a contingency plan. Their repeated failures in congress and the senate to come to terms with regulation is criminal alone. We can go to prison for 30 years for stealing a car...BP drills a hole into the planet without proper safety mechanisms in place (in this case intentional), no one is even fined...yet. These congressional hearings are just smoke stacks. They are non binding and do not have any lawful impact on those testifying.

You are right to not trust them. They got away with murder...literally. If it were any other John Doe...he would be on death row.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Skandi 2 went back down...looking at the seabed where explosion was. There is a raised area with many cracks and holes in it.....hard to tell how big it is though....but that was a huge boomer.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Really a great read. I will give you a star for this post. The questions this guy asks are valid and ones we have asked over and over.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Is it me or does it look like a crazy amount of white bubbles coming from the seafloor on Ocean Intervention ROV 2? Its a bit hard to tell if they sometimes come up in swirls...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Have you guys heard about this yet?

Oil well blowout in Louisiana
Snippet

[CNN producer note

lsucowboy told me he and his father are sugarcane farmers. He shot this video the morning of August 11 showing an oil well blowout. Assumption Parish emergency officials told me the oil well blowout occurred at around 4 a.m. and that the well is still spewing. They also told me that cleanup is underway and a few evacuations have occurred due to the incident. lsucowboy told me he is concerned about runoff due to the blowout, and added that he is in contact with environmental quality.]

Source ireport.cnn.com...

There is a video...

Ektar
-

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

I have been watching this thread since the start. Thank you all for keeping the world informed. But this new blow-out makes me want to ask questions.
For liquid to blow that distance in the air, starting from under water, takes incredible pressure. It happened about the time the pressure dropped at the Deep Water site. Any connection? No tug boat obvious this time.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The recent blow out was not from underwater...it was in the middle of a sugar cane field. It's not related to the deep water well. We have a lot of land based oil rigs here.This was in Assumption Parish, near Napoleonville. But it was raining oil a mile from the rig, they say....so wasn't good for them. I have some friends there, and they had to evacuate because of the oil "rain"...uggggh See yall tomorrow....going to watch the Saints beat the Patriots!!!!!! Yeeaaaaaaaaah!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Well the have to use ROVs...how else will all the work that is being done, that we don't see, get done without them? It's nearly a mile deep in some places they are at. Humans cannot go to that depth without a submarine.

My bad, I meant to say why are we seeing the ROV footage at all, like why use them to show US anything.

I also agree that we aren't seeing all the feeds, definitely not.

The government ordered them to KEEP the feeds online. That was in the very beginning when BP just turned them off altogether for a time.

Okay, this is what I was getting at. If BP would rather turn the feeds off and the government ordered them to keep the feeds online, that is a reason to use looped footage. Showing us/the gov footage while, at the same time, not showing us anything at all. It's a way they can get around that "order" and not look like they are doing anything wrong.

Also, the cutting corners to save money thing, I agree with. At that time though, BP wasn't trying to cover their asses like they are now. The circumstances between then and now are different. Then, it was about saving money. Now, it's about saving themselves and I just don't think money is an issue when it comes to that. Speculation on my part, of course, but I feel that it's certainly a viable scenario and I believe they would pull out all the stops to save themselves.

You make a lot of great points, though!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos1220

Yes. The government ordered them to.

It was a major news story.

As far as cutting corners to save costs, taking the time to effectively create looped footage would be far more expensive, i would imagine, than just playing whats there, but not showing anything substantial, or trying to shield us from it as best they can with all the tactics we have been describing for a few weeks now.

And it would appear that that effort is not entirely successful, because many here do appear to be seeing more than 'nothing'. so why take the time to create loops that actually show leaks in their equipment?

Also, i have been watching for weeks now and have not seen one thing that appeared looped.

In addition, as Dragon and I have both noted in previous posts in this thread, there appear to be several ROV's down there that we do not have access to.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by justadood]

top topics

<< 182  183  184    186  187  188 >>

join