It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 163
<< 160  161  162    164  165  166 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

For a while there was black clouds that looked like they were billowing near the structure....to the point where it would almost obsure everything, then clear for a minute, then come back. I haven't checked lately, this was a couple of hours ago.....and it was still that way last time I looked.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
There looks to be a cloud of oil floating past Deep C 2 from left to right. Pretty obvious IMO.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
i see a blurry, pixelated 'cloud' of something, for sure.

what makes it obvious iyo?

[edit on 7-8-2010 by justadood]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Iif you look at the cloud you can see that it is moving....I thought it might be a trick of the eye with all that pixilation....so I really watched using a point of reference to make sure it was moving fluidly....and it was. It was changing shape as a fluid would. At one point there was none, then I watched it billow up and envelope the whole picture....obscuring the lights....then the lights would peek out from time to time. Behaving like oil or dispersant would in water. I just looked and it wasn't as bad, though I could barely make out movement of the lighter stuff at the bottom (maybe the lights make it look lighter). But whatever it was was moving up from the bottom.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
BP says 40 percent of cement escaped “into the FORMATION and the rest remained in the casing”

Not sure what to make of that...or if it was an accidental blunder on Wells' part to have said that.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ektar
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Hey Dragon the 2 shots of the BOP...isn't the
top the initial side they had been showing from
the beginning...& maybe after the storm "Bonnie"
they started showing the the other side of the BOP
with the numbers on it?

Ektar

PS sent a U2U...

There are two areas of a 'flange' assembly that are easily accessible to the ROVs. The first assembly has the pipe/hose that goes around the entire assembly. The second area, what we see now, has no pipe/hose at all. This one is a little lower on the well stack I believe. The third area, which we hardly if ever see anymore, is located just above the massive yellow framing box like thing...below that yellow box thing is the stem with the leaking pipes that have the valves...remember the ones Skandi was always taking bubble samples of? Those are just the 3 areas we know of that have laks of either oil, methane or both.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

As Kat said, it was moving, sometimes getting pretty thick and clearly drifting from left to right and moving while changing shape and would not be an illusion from the bad quality. There have been brownish clouds on that cam numerous times, sometimes pretty thick.

As for the post about the cement, I don't know. It's so hard for me to believe anything they say anymore. If they say 60% stayed in the casing, I'm thinking less actually did. They went ahead and tried this knowing the casing was damaged and therefore, knowing it wouldn't work. Even if they are right, the sea floor continues to erupt and plumes, clouds and bubbles/blobs continue to be seen from the sea floor as well as the BOP. There are two wells, but we only get to see one. I just don't trust them.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
What the****???? What does that MEAN? I tell you what, I am so fed up with these people.....I can't stand it anymore! I have been watching all kinds of seeping and bursts of God-knows-what for days since this thing was supposedly a "success".....you can just LOOK at Skandi 1 and watch it SEEPING....I'm sorry but I am furious. I watched a big explosion come out of the sea floor yesterday.....it wasn't fans....it blew up.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos1220

I guess I'm just not as positive as you two are. If what you are seeing is indeed crude, then i've been seeing it all day on ocean int III rov 2, although it is also so pixilated and jumpy its hard to tell what i am seeing.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Looks like oil blobs to me...they literally come from the seafloor, and when shooting up, they have what someone best described as a 'tracer' effect...where there are 'trails' behind it. They are also round, unless large seeps, then they come out in streamer form. The stuff we see, that looks black, but has a jagged edge are usually other forms of debris/sediment.

So with all that said, I have to agree with you that it is oil blobs coming from the seafloor on Ocean Intervention ROV 2. Sometimes they look like white bubbles, which I would assume is methane, or could also be the "cement" they pumped down there.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

well, seeing as how there are four or five ROVs watching that spot, it would make sense.

i've been watching the ocean int iii's all day, and ive been seeing that pixilated black blob thing moving about all day. You dont really notice it at first, due to the poor image quality...

i've got a few posts on the last page you might be interested in seeing.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I think the leaks have gotten progressively worse...
Leaks prior to Static Kill, then post Static Kill worse than prior...
now after Cement it's leaking much worse in every
possible way!! BOP WORSE; Leaky Pipe...WORSE; & the extreme of everything is Major Sea Floor leaking & blows!!

Do these dumb Arses not think there are MANY
intelligent people observing these threads!! You
would have to be a Total Complete Idiot to think
anything less....The ties to ALL this mess are SO
enormous, Bloody HELL!! And ALL these NEW laws
that are coming into effect...Damn what a Plan!

Ektar

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Does anyone know what's up with skandi 1?
Did something break while I was gone?

Ektar

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Hello friends, I wanted to say thanks for keeping us updated, I go here everyday to read up on what is going on

I wanted to share this with you just in case it isn't posted anywhere. I looked but couldnt find it.

Authorities Weigh How to Gather Evidence From Mile-Deep Waters in Oil Spill Investigation
www.foxnews.com...

If no thread is created on it, maybe someone would like to, idk

Thanks
sl

[edit on 7-8-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
MSM reporting all is good and that BP is just continuing the relief well because the government said so...
www.businessweek.com...

Yet as posted above Wells slips..
www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...
And Higgens believes oil is still leaking..
http://(nolink)/2010/08/07/oil-methane-continues-leak-sea-floor-48-hours-cement-pumped-bp-gulf-oil-spill/

So what you you guys think.. have you all seen any oil leaking?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
another one of those big ass disturbances on boa 1

a red 'recording failure' (or something along those lines) flashed up for a minute, but the footage kept coming...

-----------------------------------------------------------

worker dude on skandi 1

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a48a26e1f5cf.jpg[/atsimg]

------------------------------------------------------------------

ocean int III ROV 1 and two have been alternating on and off for at least an hour now. at times they just display a still frame for a good minute before going blank/black.

(Its not my browser)

[edit on 7-8-2010 by justadood]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

Oil and gas was leaking at least 12 hours after the announced success... and was leaking in at least one spot on Skandi 1 last night.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Skandi 1 is showing something coming up from the seafloor in bubble form...Also not sure if it is the lighting causing the brown on the bottom left corner of the feed. You can see stuff bubble up in the brown part, but once it hits the grey part, you cannot see it anymore...good job with the lighting BP so we cannot see what's happening.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Overall success for bp

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by OutOfNothing

Pfffffffft........never mind

new topics

top topics

<< 160  161  162    164  165  166 >>

join