It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 159
<< 156  157  158    160  161  162 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The first word appears to be "Monitor". Can't make out the next two words though the third looks to begin with "C". Fourth word starts with M and has several letters. The last word on the top row seems to begin with "C" and end with "SS". It's so hard to see, but it looks like there's two sets of double letters in that word.

Enlarging it only makes it harder to read. The quality is terrible.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

Originally posted by justadood
just as a reminder, this is the BP LiveFeed discussion thread.

Sorry to offend you.....do you have any updates?

You didnt offend. I was just reminding what this thread is here for.

I'm not losing any sleep over a few off topic posts (now, if i could say the same about watching these feeds)

. Its just a friendly reminder to make sure we dont have an entire page of off topic stuff. It just adds to the static, IMO.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Boa Deep C 2 seems to say "South Sonar Sweeps @ BOP". I can't read Deep C 1 hardly at all, probably because there isn't a dark background like in Deep C 2.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

I understand....no offense taken.....just got a little slow.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos1220
[mor

Thanks for trying anyway. I was just curious what the pipe IS....I mean with it disconnected and all....

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
A few of us tried to figure it out before, after looking at some official diagrams I think it mightve been a pipe supplying mud to the bop for static kill. Not 100% though. And less sure now that its broken and theres clearly no mud or cement leaking out of it. Was smoking quite badly before though and was completely buried in the ground so it looked like the smoke was coming from the seafloor until they cleared the whole area to observe it

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The current has slowed down and you can see the leak from that pipe a lot easier now. It's floating off to the left from the spot I told you about earlier.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Kratos1220]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
aye I see it now cheers.

Look at the ridiculous picture quality on q4000, we canny honestly be expected to believe that thats the same footage that BP can see

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by niblo
A few of us tried to figure it out before, after looking at some official diagrams I think it mightve been a pipe supplying mud to the bop for static kill. Not 100% though. And less sure now that its broken and theres clearly no mud or cement leaking out of it. Was smoking quite badly before though and was completely buried in the ground so it looked like the smoke was coming from the seafloor until they cleared the whole area to observe it

OK....so if it was the pipe pumping the mud or cement, and they are finished now....then THAT would explain why it is now disconnected....AND the valve. Once they stop pumping, they shut off the valve to the BOP, and disconnect the pipe used to pump the mud/cement. I hope that's what it is. Kind of makes sense.....and the leak is coming from the part still connected to the BOP (the valve side) right? If so, it makes sense....but I did see something cause quite a commotion earlier. It may have been something else.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Boa DEEP C 2

"Monitor _._._._._ C._._._ Manifold C._.t.t._.s.s

That's my best guess.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos1220

Boa DEEP C 2

That's my best guess.

Maybe the c is for cement and that was the pipe used for the mud/cement pumping and they were monitoring it.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
shame we have to try and figure this out ourselves instead of being told.

Q4000 been following some contraption I dont think Ive seen before

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

Originally posted by Kratos1220

Boa DEEP C 2

That's my best guess.

Maybe the c is for cement and that was the pipe used for the mud/cement pumping and they were monitoring it.

Beats me. All I know is the thing is rusting quickly and is leaking continuously at one of the rust points. I can't see it getting better if it continues to degrade like this. I can't believe they aren't showing the BOP. That thing was leaking like a sieve and had holes in it which were seeping.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos1220

Well thankyou for the effort. You are right too...last time I saw the BOP up close it was spewing bubbles....speaking of bubbles, I have seen a few huge ones today.... not in a cluster like usual, but just one big bubble floating by....I mean really big compared to the norm.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by niblo
shame we have to try and figure this out ourselves instead of being told.

Q4000 been following some contraption I dont think Ive seen before

Okay, I can now confirm looped footage. Q4000 is looped, I saw that exact same path being followed about 20 minutes ago whenever I posted that Q4000 was going somewhere. Q4000 is definitely looped, no doubt about it. I remember seeing that contraption and wondering what those things were that were strapped to that metal pole. It just passed that ROV hanging on to a rock or something. This is the first time I've seen evidence of looped footage.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Boa Deep C 1. Big red letters, it says "RECORDING FAILURE".

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Aye I was going to ask if anyone else seen all them barrels strapped to the pole.

Maybe it just done the same route again? I do believe some of the footage is looped though, and the picture quality tampered with depending on the situation.

Would also love to see a close up of where the bop was spewing bubbles the other night, not seen it at all since then.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I don't think so, man. I was looking pretty intently at those things trying to figure out what they were. It hit the same angles, turned at the same times, saw the same things even that ROV attached to the same rock at the same place and the ROV turned the same direction from that point.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Highly unlikely it would be exactly the same settings and movements twice in a row. You could be onto something man, we should have someone recording 24/7 for times like this.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I won't be able to watch like this for much longer, so everyone reading this thread, keep an eye out for looped footage on Boa Deep C 1 after that "RECORDING FAILURE" message that appeared on screen for about five minutes.

A "NOT RECORDING" message just appeared for a few seconds, then disappeared. Keep an eye on this one.

RECORDING FAILURE back on screen. Looks like they are trying to record footage, but there is a problem with the devices.

Also, there is a brown mist in the water in front of DEEP C 2. It's been there for awhile. A leak in the distance maybe?

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Kratos1220]

new topics

top topics

<< 156  157  158    160  161  162 >>

join