It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 157
<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Yes I did! It's almost like looking at the color black.....and someone is telling you how brilliant white it is. Just doesn't mesh does it? I'll be anxious to see what the update is as well. Did you see my earlier post about the red clouds? There was a big eruption with red clouds.....only lasted a few seconds. Any clue what it was? Did you happen to see it?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Anyone watching Skandi 1? I saw a big boom and now the camera looks broken lying next to a big patch of oil? I hope I am just imagining this.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Jus started watching so dont know what happened to skandi but its taking a bit of a beating, is that a current?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by niblo

A little while ago, there was a big eruption, then I saw the camera just lying there and looked beat up, with what looked like thick black oil near it.....then an ROV started shining a light on the BOP and they have been looking at it etc.....but the camera seems to be ok, it's still working. Maybe I was just misinterpreting what I saw? When it happened (the eruption), it was reddish clouds.....

[edit on 6-8-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Right, im no saying this is what happened but this is what it looked like to me: after the commotion skandi searched and zoned in on a crack (not a place where a cable was because of the zig zags and the angles, just wasnt possible) and slowly n carefully positioned itself over it and is now sitting on top of it.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by niblo

yes.....it was like a fissure and what looked like steam coming from it right after....maybe someone caught it.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
i got directed where to get the capture software, couldnt work it properly though. Just a dumbass lol.
Has anything been happening today?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by niblo

So far, that's all I have seen. It is so hard to interpret what you see on there, then the picture quality is so poor, it makes it harder. Have you seen the video of the gulf coast where the crabs dug in the sand and OIL comes bubbling up?? It is unbelievable! "We can't find the oil....it disappeared!"......YEAH right...it's here right under our feet....under the sand! There is a thread about it on here.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Here's the link to the thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
thats crazy, i never seen that but i seen on cnn a reporter getting a fly over the water in a chopper and discussing how all the oil has dissapeared lol, i laughed but not cause it was funny but cause i felt sick that this is what everyone will see and have no reason to disbelieve, and the reporter was interviewing a coastguard guy and it was so obvious it was scripted and the answers were purely to calm people down, his wretched half smile and look in his eye was saying 'yeah this is bullsh but i dont care'
I mean everybody saw the vast amount of oil, surely they dont believe that in the space of a few weeks some tiny microbes have eat it all? Surely

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
thats a sickening video. At one point it looked like the oil was pushing its way up to the surface, no idea how it does that or if that was the case. Dont have an answer on what can be done with that either, just have to leave it and see what happens i suppose.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by niblo

No way is it all gone....it just relocated. I live "in the zone" and so does ALL MY FAMILY....we have seen it, along with the dead animals. The sad fact is.....this time next year, unless we have a cataclysmic event, the rest of the world will go on, and we will still be dealing with it. The same thing happened after hurricane Katrina. People move on unless it directly affects them. BTW....I appreciate your interest, being you live so far away....THANKYOU for caring.....and to all the others who don't live here, but help keep this alive and discussed....we appreciate it!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by niblo
thats a sickening video. At one point it looked like the oil was pushing its way up to the surface, no idea how it does that or if that was the case. Dont have an answer on what can be done with that either, just have to leave it and see what happens i suppose.

I know! It sounds funny, but when I saw it bubble up like that, I thought of the theme song from that old show "The Beverly Hillbillies" "up from the ground come a bubblin CRUDE"
I know it's not funny.....but hey....gotta laugh or else I'll cry!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
You lot are our cousins and neighbours so dont like seeing youse suffer any less than one of our own. Hopefully wont get forgotten, definetely not by me, Ive started writing a book about it and a seperate one about BP. Oh ive got Europes biggest BP refinery in my town and we had an incident today with one of the flares, was in a town about 10 miles from home today and in the horizon seen a huge plume of black smoke, thought 'oh shi..' got home and was told it had been like that all afternoon, could see the flames from miles away, and dont even want to think about what chemicals and whatever else was in the thinck black smoke were forced to breathe. Nothing compared to what you guys are suffering but just to let you know theyre bastards everywhere and to everyone.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
just as a reminder, this is the BP LiveFeed discussion thread.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by niblo

Well, Mr. Suttles who took over, is now returning to his normal duties in Texas. A Vice President will now be overseeing the recovery....

Oh, and now they have indicated that they MAY just continue drilling into this oil & gas pocket because there's at least 3 Billion dollars worth of oil & gas there! HMMMMM...

I thought all along the relief wells had alternative motives and this will probably be it.

P.S. I think it is a bit presumptuous on Mr. Suttles part to high tail it to Texas prior to this ENTIRE FIASCO being cleaned up.

More BS from BP!!!

www.waff.com...

BP says it might drill again in spill reservoir
Posted: Aug 05, 2010 11:17 PM CDT Updated: Aug 06, 2010 1:17 PM CDT
By GREG BLUESTEIN and HARRY R. WEBER
Associated Press Writers

NEW ORLEANS (AP) - BP PLC said Friday it might someday drill again into the same lucrative undersea pocket of oil that spilled millions of gallons of crude, wrecked livelihoods and fouled beaches along the Gulf of Mexico.

"There's lots of oil and gas here," Chief Operating Officer Doug Suttles said at a news briefing. "We're going to have to think about what to do with that at some point."

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
seriously,

can we keep this thread for the specific discussion relating to what we are seeing on the ROV feeds?

the rest of this forum has plenty of room for all these other aspects of the BP spill.

just a request.

thanks

[edit on 6-8-2010 by justadood]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
just as a reminder, this is the BP LiveFeed discussion thread.

Sorry to offend you.....do you have any updates?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Um... No.... It's an up to the minute thread following all aspects of the BP Disaster which I have followed since its creation!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
seriously,

can we keep this thread for the specific discussion relating to what we are seeing on the ROV feeds?

the rest of this forum has plenty of room for all these other aspects of the BP spill.

just a request.

thanks

[edit on 6-8-2010 by justadood]

I tried numerous times to ask about what's going on with the cams...not much interest at the time.....maybe you can tell us what you think happened, or did you read those posts. It just seems like not much going on and people are dying off this thread....sorry if I was off topic.

new topics

top topics

<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join