It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 155
<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
If nothing is leaking where's the BOP?
Thad looked a little nervous during his
little update. If they are SO proud & sure
of themselves they should have shown their work
on that background screen & not the OLD FEEDS!!

Ektar

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Lots of oil blobs on BOA 2...and just as the seafloor turned black from them the camera panned up...what a shocker...not.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ttatw
reply to post by signoregregorio

As far as the post about it needing to be totally static, then why did they even try a dynamic top kill back in June?

I'm pretty sure this has been answered many times.

My basic understanding is they are killing from the bottom as well as the top. The relief well is intersecting below the point where the well is possibly compromised.

Am i way off here?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
You're way off, AFAIK, because the Top Kill and Bottom Kill are independent. They could do one or the other or both. Their first attempt was a Top Kill with the oil still flowing out, therefore Dynamic Top Kill. [as I understand it but I am not in the oil business]

EDIT: It may be that with the dynamic top kill, the mud was supposed to hold the oil down long enough for the cement to set. I just have a hard time picturing mud blocking the flow and holding down a moving column of fluid, not to mention gas, especially with anywhere near as much pressure as they were claiming back then.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by ttatw]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

I just hope the relief well can handle the pressure better, or we'll have another well blowing up.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
If you noticed in previous post, mine included...
you cannot cement something & expect it to set or seal
if there is ANY leak...back up is DEENUTZ on pg 154...

Also has anyone seen the BOP since they "Say they finished" ?

I could be wrong but, when I heard Thad give his "Glorious Statement"
RE Well being Cemented & etc...Listen closely to that video...unless dates are wrong THEY have not finished yet! I could be totally wrong...However it sounded to me in his update that the cementing would continue through today & into tomorrow...

Ektar

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I did take some screen shots today...
before the cement started & during...
including the BOP leakage, pipe leakage, & floor leakage,
as well as floor leakage... Sorry that I cannot
upload tonight...I am not a computer person at
all...so the pics (from last nite) that I finally got up took FOREVER!!
Same kinda deal tonight...however my head is beyond fried...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ttatw

I just have a hard time picturing mud blocking the flow and holding down a moving column of fluid, not to mention gas, especially with anywhere near as much pressure as they were claiming back then.

So, Am I wrong in thinking that is how they've killed many, many wells in the past? So much that its an industry standard?

Or are you saying you dont believe it worked for this specific well?
-------------------------

AFAIK?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Feel like I'm all alone here...However it is 12am
6 AUG 2010...NO ONE has seen the BOP since
Thur morning prior to cementing...

Ektar

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Then wish me Happy Birthday! Aug, 6th! Yeah going boating and tubbing tomorrow...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by justadood

I don't have a citation, but I recall something being different/unique about that first Top Kill effort. I think it was something like the dynamic aspect had never been tried before or never that deep. I'm not about to hunt for it, though. I have no clue how common it is or isn't. I was just saying it doesn't sound logical to me - we all have our opinions - don't have to agree.

As Far As I Know, its a CYA expression like IMO

[edit on 6-8-2010 by ttatw]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
have the BOP been shown in the live feeds? i have read two places and heard matt simmons say that it is 5 story high. have that been shown in the live feeds during the crisis?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Zorg12

Until recently it was shown countless times each day.

You should read this and other threads.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Speedforhire
Cool ek........

Can anyone tell me why? In this day and time we have 3D TV, Virtual and IMAX, but these billion dollar croonies can't get a better picture than this? Hell, did you see the LIFE series, hosted by O? Did you see the dvd's Planet Earth?

It's no wonder they flopped on this drill...........

Err maybe because its over a mile down , and totally dark,the life program and planet earth used real footage with studio footage .In a water tank....
This is probably the most advanced rov use and film of use ever done or seen on mainstream tv , this IS the real deal.......Imagine how powerfull those lights have to be aover a mile down in Totall! darkness

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
twitter.com...

"I have authorized BP to cement its damaged well", says Admiral Thad Allen

twitter.com...

"Admiral Thad Allen says this comes after successful completion of the static kill procedure and a positive evaluation of the test results"

More lies...

HAHAHAHA so now he is lying whereas before admiral allen was the "crucify bp" poster boy , even going as far as criticising me for criticising him?on this very thread.

This thread has run its course imo now just full of hyperbole and doommongering ,you seem vexed it not a world ending event ,as for oil on the beaches check out the amoco cadiz for what oil on beaches can look like .....

". Oil penetrated the sand on several beaches to a depth of 20 inches (510 mm)."......1,678 799 barrels of light crude.....
www.aukevisser.nl...

www.gettyimages.co.uk...

above pic reminiscent of recent incident in china...

"Sub-surface oil separated into two or three layers due to the extensive sand transfer that occurred on the beaches during rough weather. Piers and slips in the small harbors from Porspoder to Brehat Island were covered with oil. "

the above may explain how some oil appears to have just been covered up by sand , not by the cleanup crew but the bad weather recently in the gulf.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by gambon

When they announced "success" the well was still leaking...and has been since that announcement. And I find it a bit unbelievable that it took how many days to pump this "mud" which isn't mud at all, it is a chemical mixture of god knows what, and suddenly it took less than 12 hours to "cement" the well? And if you look back on this thread, you can see a track record of Allen lying...right through his teeth too.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Seeps peeps...
www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...

too bad that is roughly the only video I can find on that pipe. it was leaking a lot worse, or seemed to be when it was buried under a few feet of sand/dust.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
So it's over the fat lady is warming up and the gulf is opening up. hurricane season will mix up the rest and the earth survives another attack.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

Oil does not mix with water...

top topics

<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join