It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 154
<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Here's a BP blog shot. On the left is Well B and to the right (next to the ships) is where the Horizon was. BP stated Well B was the one that blew. Well A was abandoned last year because it was non-productive. The coordinates show Well A.

o.aolcdn.com...

The truth has no agenda: Speak Truth!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Speedforhire

That's what I was trying to ask last night...SO
if we're looking at Well A then What's up with Well B?
Isn't B the one that exploded?

Ektar

Sorry we posted at the same time....so is the
well we're watching the same one that blew & the same one that was capped 15 July...or are they switching back & forth?

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Ektar]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

They were talking this morning as if they had not started yet and were planning for "sometime" today. Maybe they have started...."today" could have been midnight last night technically LOL! Let me know if you hear anything and I'll do the same.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

New Orleans, Louisiana (CNN) -- BP began pouring cement into its undersea well in the Gulf of Mexico at 9:15 a.m. as part of the "static kill" procedure to permanently seal it, the company said Thursday.

Source CNN-US - More Headlines

Ektar

I went looking after you mentioned it....after I saw
it was this morning it made me think why all of a sudden
the camera monitoring the pipe leak went off to LA La Land!

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Ektar]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

WOW

That was fast! I didn't even have a chance to check yet......so what do you think....will it work?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I don't know if it will work....from my understanding there has to be NO FLOW, everything has to be totally settled (static) for the cement to be able to set up properly. This morning ~ 8am there were a few slow leaks on the BOP but drops were larger...I grabbed a shot hoping to get another one before they "House Clean" again, in order to compare the "Hives" to see how the difference the build up. Also that pipe had a slow leak at the same time...However I noticed over time this morning the flow rate of leak at the pipe had increased quite a bit.

Ektar

I ate a cucumber from my garden yesterday &
I'm still alive! LOL We just had our 1st rain...not hardly
any to speak about...were in bad drought...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Another USELESS Camera afternoon!!
May have to abandon ship for a bit...storm
trying to come in...thunder...

Ektar

Am I the only one having the confusion of
the 2 different wells?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
How can the cement be a static fix, what kind of cement doesn't break like other cements we've seen. What kind are they using? Sounds preposterous.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Wow..step a way for a couple of days & all sorts of things happen. Now I'm seeing smiling talking heads saying it's all good. The oil has magically disappeared and all is well. If these people told me the sky is blue I would go to the door to look out myself.

Speaking of sky, ours hasn't looked right in weeks here in Kansas. I can't quite put my finger on it, but as a life time sky watcher I can say something has changed. I noticed it for the first time a couple of weeks into this disaster.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by signoregregorio

I thought of that too. My walkway has cracks in it. My garage floor has huge cracks. The city sidewalks and curbs are crumbling in lots of places. And this cement is going into a metal pipe that will also deteriorate over time. Seems hard to imagine this as a permanent plug - but that's what we deserve for letting them ever do this in the first place.

As far as the post about it needing to be totally static, then why did they even try a dynamic top kill back in June?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Ektar

posted on 8/5/10 at 13:59

BP Authorized to Begin Cementing Procedure on MC252 Well

Release date: 05 August 2010

Snippet
[While this sounds like good news it could be a recipe for disaster.

Simply put in order for cement to cure and make a proper bond it needs to be able to sit absolutely still.

If the cement is still moving it will not cure and make a solid bond.

In case you missed my previous posts the BOP is still leaking even though BP and the federal government are claiming that the well has been killed.]

Source
(nolink)...

Ektar

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Has anyone seen the PSI prior to Mud,
after Mud, & prior to Cement?

Ektar

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

If they can get a cement grout in the pipe and have it stay long enough to cure, then I don't see anything shifting it ever after that.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Fi what i know they'll be putting it in from the bottom upwards anyway, so if they get enough pressure at the top it should solidify without any disturbances from the oil ( that should be getting pushed further an further doon). Im no an expert though so if anybody knows better feel free to correct me

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by niblo

The cementing of a well works just like pouring a concrete slab in your backyard. If you continually stirred that cement it would never set. Same thing goes for the well. If they have a leak whether it's the BOP or a crack in the well pipe there will be flow in the cement thus preventing it from setting.

If BP didn't have a rupture in the well pipe then the "junk shot" would have worked. The fact that it didn't work then is a pretty sound indicator that the well bore is compromised somewhere along it's 18 000' length. Not knowing where the rupture is will make drilling the relief wells extremely difficult and thus making this current attempt to shut down the well very difficult.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
msnbc: BP says it has completed cementing process on broken Gulf of Mexico well. www.msnbc.msn.com...

Its their breaking news headline. Somehow I don't believe it though.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I sure hope that is a big shadow on the bottom right of the skandi 1 screen.....can't see the BOP very well

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
You were wondering where all the oil is if there's another gusher? According to the satellite images on this thread, there's plenty of it still out there.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Deep C ROV 1 the pipe is still leaking...
I don't know how to video yet...

Ektar

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ektar
Deep C ROV 1 the pipe is still leaking...
I don't know how to video yet...

Ektar

Yep....they were spraying dispersant on it last time I was there...."move along folks....nothing to see here...everything's FINE"

new topics

top topics

<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join