It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 153
<< 150  151  152    154  155  156 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I'm curious as to what their definition of successfull is? Not blowing the thing apart completely? There are clearly leaks still happening on the BOP and there sure is a lot of "Beehive" buildup on something that is suppose to be working.

And why is BOA C 1 fixated on that end piece of pipe half-buried in the seafloor? BOA C 2 seems to be showing a plume in the distance but hard to tell since the feed is so crapy.

The fact that Thad, BP and MSM are all cheerleading success when it's clear by watching the feeds for an hour that the BOP is leaking. I'm under the impression that in order for the cement to dry it needs to remain static in the well for a certain amount of time to set. Now if there are leaks in the BOP even if it's mud and not oil how are they claiming static pressure in the Well? I'm positive for the cement to set it needs to remain static. I've also read that there is considereable risk in doing even more catastrophic damage to the well by pushing soo much heavy fluid down the well further damaging previous ruptures.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Still blobs of oil from the seafloor on Ocean Intervention III ROV 2...And the bubbles on Skandi 1 have slowed down a lot, but they are blacker and bigger when they do come out.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Wow...a pretty big stream of oil just seeped out of the seafloor in Ocean 2.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
slight leak from skandi rov 1 at the moment , a small upward drip 1 drop per second from a small silver riser or pipe joint

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I hope this works...these were taken last
night when there was a huge eruption. Sorry if they are too big
still trying to figure things out.

Any one know what this is?

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Ektar

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Ektar, it is definitely what we have seen to be the bottom of the BOP we have been viewing. As for the other equipment and debris there, it is more than likely stuff used for the static kill, but yes, I do see debris on at least one of your pics. I wasn't watching at the time and so don't know what that is. Good job on the picture taking though.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Just posting to the thread Ektar's pics.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Ceriddwen]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Yet more images of varying well heads. Wish they would make their bloody minds up where exactly they are working!!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarTraveller
Yet more images of varying well heads. Wish they would make their bloody minds up where exactly they are working!!

I agree. The location coordinates don't match, and the last two pics don't look like the rest of the pics. That means either they dug out around the bottom of the well at the seafloor, or something else happened. Don't see how there can be a difference of twenty or more feet just circling around the thing to a different position. I know the thing is big, but not that big. Just more non-truths and half-lies.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Check this fish swimming around (if I can get the video to work).

He must really enjoy corexit and oil.

Not up on marine biology, what he heck is that thing?

Secret government extream mini sub? aquatic alien? or just a deep sea fish?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Good Catch (no pun intended) but god only knows what it is

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Caught this shark going by this morning...

Also looks like the pipe on the sea bed is
leaking at a higher rate than earlier.

Ektar

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by lunchmanstan

Just a quick glimpse, but my guess is Angel Shark. Their preferred habitat is the outer continental shelf, rarely go inshore. Their about equidistantly related to rays as to sharks. The flat tail fin is one noteable characteristic, and barbels. This one apparently has his pectoral fins folded in.

Thanks for the glimpse.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by ttatw]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It's good to see the sea life....but is that current or what they want us to see. I hope it's current...I saw a crab the other day threatening the ROV
But I can only half smile when I go back and see that the leaks also continue. They said on CNN *ahem* that they will pour the cement in today. I want so bad for this to work. We are just weary of it....but I know it will be a long time before it is over. We have to stay vigilant and constantly remind BP and Trans Ocean that PEOPLE ARE STILL WATCHING THIER EVERY MOVE. Otherwise, it will be swept under the rug, and they will go back to business as usual.....until the next time.......

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ttatw

Could be but this fish looks like it has a wide kinda squared off tail and all the videos of angle sharks show a pointed tail.

maybe a variation of the same spiecies?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ceriddwen

The coordinates look reasonably close and are consistent with other variations I've seen where the ROV moves around the structure. I don't know for sure, but I presume the camera has a zoom function that could give a distorted impression of how close the ROV is to something like the wellhead. Since there is not enough overlap among the pictures, I'm reserving judgement for now on whether they match up. If Ektar or anyone was watching it live, they could probably tell easier from the video than we can from those stills if it was all in one location.

For anyone who likes to dig deeper into some of the points like this that are brought up in this thread, I started another thread for more detailed analysis of these anomalies, curiosities and inconsistencies in the data/info we are being fed. I gave it a geeky sounding name so it hopefully wouldn't attract the wild speculation and apocalyptic type posters [but this is ATS, so...
].

anomalous data analysis
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Can anyone confirm what this leak is from yesterday??

That looks like a pretty friggin massive "leak".

*please forgive me if this video has already been posted*

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ttatw

The coordinates don't lie! It gives the location of the equipment, regardless of how zoomed in/out the cameras are. We are seeing the coordintes of Well A. Well B is 300' further north and almost 2800' off to the west of A.

Google "Mississippi Canyon 252" and check them yourself.

Seek, and ye shall find!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ttatw

As far as I could tell those were all from the same area...I took them back to back as close as I could.
I went to my windows gallery & they were all taken
between 9:09pm - 9:14pm...here's one I forgot to put in from
the same series...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
For some reason I thought the cementing started last
night...don't know why?
Anyway looks like maybe that's why they took
the camera off the leak at the pipe on the sea floor.
They probably don't want us to see something
that could turn UGLY real fast.

Ektar

Sorry how I posted the photos...wish they came out pics
instead of you having to click on it...just glad
I can finally at least load a picture...

new topics

top topics

<< 150  151  152    154  155  156 >>

join