It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 150
<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Looks like they are spraying air on
the leak now...don't see anything
coming out of the hose but the oil & gas
are being blown to the sides...guess
that's their way of an illusion done poorly.
As far as I can tell all MSM is still reporting no leak!

Ektar

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Last night when everyone had stopped posting, thebuild-up from the leak got to within a few inches of where the bubbles were coming from. So skandi headed over with its hose and tried to clean the build up but from the base where it was too solid so it went down to the leak and held the hose to it to at least stop the bubbles from going straight up and adding to the build up that it blatantly couldnt clean. As far as i can see thats what its been doing all day today, but you dont see the bubbles because of the pressure and angle the hose blows them away at.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Here's a scenario: Could a bunch of nut-cases get togethor and go down there to the site and challenge them a-holes? You know! A fight it out scenario where if you were challenged by those BP (dropout) security forces and were fired upon, you simply shoot back? Where are all the gun toting extremists?

Why don't the residents of south La band together and march on them fools? Everyone load up on their fishing rigs and flood the area at the site.

There is strength in numbers folks!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Wonder when they wrote those numbers on
the side of the BOP? I don't think they have always
been there although I could be wrong.

Wonder if anyone has checked out the coordinates
we've been seeing to see if it's Well A or B or whatever?

Ektar

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
What's that (on the sea floor) in the middle of the picture on OI II ROV 1's feed? Looks like that same goo that was coming out of the pipe last night.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
If everybody gathered down there and started shooting (inevitably killing) BP workers and security forces it doesnt really solve the bigger problem, the strength in numbers thing is defintely the way to go but in a way that pressurises the companies to stop activities like this happening in the first place. This is where it comes to joining leaders such as Greenpeace to move forward.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
BOA DEEP C 1 ROV 2 showing a blow again.............

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
AFAIK. there is no solid, reliable info on the two well coordinates (or if there is indeed two wells at all). I have been going back and checking coordinates on some of the images I saved. I found one uisng the same coordinate system that stands out. It's over 800 feet away from the leaking BOP with the new 3ram stack cap that was added. Difficult to tell for sure but it does appear to me to be at another wellhead. The only other thing that stands out is the widely different coordinates seen on one ROV, Q4000, I think. The calculations aren't meaningful until we can verify the reference point (grid/zone, etc) that they're using. This maybe should continue in that other thread about the two wells.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Boa Deep C 1
That looked pretty turbulent! Did you see
that big round canister lying on it's side?
Did it fall from something, fall over, or
has it always been there?

Ektar

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Huge plumes of black coming up
on BD C 2...

Ektar

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Bp says that the leak is plugged.

news.yahoo.com...

If that's so, why is Boa deep c rov 2 showing oil blobs coming out of the sea floor, and why is skandi rov 1still showing a huge stream of bubbles and what look like blobs coming out? Wouldn't that have stopped if the leak was plugged? Liars.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Skandi using a suction hose to collect the leaks, never seen that before. Looks pretty effective but isnt exactly a long term solution.

edit - since theres several leaks its actually no looking very effective at all

[edit on 4/8/10 by niblo]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Looks like it's leaking worse
than last night...

Ektar

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Just wondering, could those leaking blobs from skandi neptune 1, be blobs of the mud they are pumping in, and keeping the oil down?

I mean, that would be the only way that "there is currently no oil flowing into the Gulf", quoted from TODAY on: www.bp.com...

Not that i trust them yet, but, it is possible??

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
the viking poseidon is monitoring a leak in the bob cap?
http://(nolink)/bp-live-oil-spill-cam.html

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Skandi R1 better get busy with that power washer!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

Whoever set up that site has the cameras labeled incorrectly.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c4aa5029b297.jpg[/atsimg]
There Is Not Leak!!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

The coordinates on the feeds correlate with the official MMS document permit of Well A. It was abandoned last year. Yet, BP has stated since day 1 that it was Well B that has exploded.

Google "Mississippi Canyon 252" and view it yourself. It's public record.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ektar
Wonder when they wrote those numbers on
the side of the BOP? I don't think they have always
been there although I could be wrong.

Wonder if anyone has checked out the coordinates
we've been seeing to see if it's Well A or B or whatever?

Ektar

The numbers were always there...Those bubbles are NOT the same bubble spots that we saw a week or so ago...this is in a completely different spot.

top topics

<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join