It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 149
<< 146  147  148    150  151  152 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
Just now saw this:

Does this confirm the suspicions that many of us have had regarding the looped and/or pre-recorded footage?

Good find OneisOne

Second line-don't believe everything that you hear, and don't believe everything that you see.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I didn't think you did believe that. The other poster wasn't you.

I was basically agreeing that yeah, it is ridiculous. Very.

As for static kill being a success, yeah, not so much do I believe that either. Too hard to believe ANYTHING BP says officially or unofficially and I don't believe a thing Thad Allen says either.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I agree totally. Show some shots from a helicopter of now blue water with no oil on the news and everyone will think thats the end of it, not knowing that most of it is still lying in blobs on the seafloor and floating around under the surface. Surely long term this will be realised by most through the as-yet unknown effects this is going to cause so hopefully although they might be in the clear immediately, the truth will come to light eventually and those responsible can be punished fittingly. Not that that will make a decent enough difference to the people affected but it might be a small conselation.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Skandi 1 Cleaning house again!
If there was no leaking they wouldn't have
to be spraying the methane off.

Ektar

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Now it seems as though after getting hosed,
the "Hive" returned so fast that it looks as if
they laid the hose down right where the main leak is
& blowing everything to the sides of the BOP.

Ektar

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
i was just watching one of the cameras of the ROVs and i noticed little bubbles or particles shooting up from the floor. Im not talking about the stuff floating by, there was almost like a "tracer" effect in the water.
The camera went dark though, and they are not showing that camera.

Also just before i noticed the "bubbles" the ROV looked down at the floor it was sitting on, there was a crack under it. then the camera panned up.

Wierd. i guess the logical reason of the fast bubbles would be ...

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I was looking at another thread and came across this video.I am posting it on here because it seems be relevant to the discussion at hand. Also thought it was interesting.

The credit for this vid goes to Grfter.be for posting it. I just thought it should be here for some discussion. If I should have just put a link to that other post I apologize. This video is very interesting at least to me it is. Some of you have probably seen this already. I just like to hear your take on this video.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
the smoke that seems to be coming from the ground in that video - later got uncovered to be coming from a large pipe under the seafloor. After checking some diagrams today I think it may have been a pipe connecting the BOP to a manifold.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by niblo

Just wondering what you may think the orange or what looks orange material that looks to be coming out from under it. It does seem to be brighter than everything else. Also there are a few blobs that pass the camera that seem to be orange also. I have no clue as to what it could be.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Cant say for sure, last night when i was watching it i couldnt make my mind up if it was something to do with the lighting and bad picture quality or if was actually the smoke and objects that were that colour. Never got round to a definite answer so I dont know lol. Pretty sure it wouldnt be there if BP wasnt though.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The video I just put up earlier may be nothing and if it is sorry about that. I just thought I would get some feedback from it. It could and probably is the pipe under the seabed I was just caught up by the material coming from around it like the darker sediment then there is what looks to be a white sediment and then I see what looks to be something orange coming from under it.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by niblo

The lighting could very well be what seems to make the colors. As you may recall before the new top hat was put on the oil coming out had somewhat of an orange color almost looking like it was fire when it was only the lights and how they were positioned.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
To be fair none of the # should be there at all and its hard to tell through a crap video feed and when we're dealing with chemicals and natural things that hardly any of us really know anything about except the research we;ve done regarding this particular event. I think a few more marine biologists with previous experience of the GOM signing up to ATS would be pretty helpful, maybe a bit too much to ask for though lol

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by niblo

The lighting could very well be what seems to make the colors. As you may recall before the new top hat was put on the oil coming out had somewhat of an orange color almost looking like it was fire when it was only the lights and how they were positioned.

I was going to say the same thing.....it might be oil blobs, and the lighting gives it that hue. Sometimes the oil on top of the water (ooooops! I mean that WAS on top of the water but BP made it go *poof*) appeared reddish in color....

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by niblo

Remember yesterday we were looking at the Q4000
feed & camera was stationary showing feed like the
one tsurfer posted above...alot of Black & reddish goo
coming up from the sea floor...started to get really bad &
Q4000 went to black.

Ektar

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
OK.....so I finally got the nerve to peek in at the feeds.....skandi 1 .......that BOP is SPEWING! NOTHING is supposed to be coming out right?? That sucker looks like it's going to blow.........am I missing something? Oh yeah....things look GREAT!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Aye, it got to the ridiculous stage and it just went black, but no black as in the whole thing went dead, black as in you could tell it was there and still streaming but in plain black. That probably made no sense at all to anyone who never seen it lol. Surprised it took them that long though, Im with the ones who believe they cut, loop and play with the streams to suit themselves and the more Ive thought about it, Ive came to the reason being of 1 of 2 things; 1 - the same rhetoric as MSM, stop mass panic, can be dangerous if things are seen to be past the point of control etc. or 2 - to save their own arses cause they screwed up worse than ever and are trying to hide as much as possible for damage limitation.
I know which one I believe...

[edit on 4/8/10 by niblo]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by niblo
Aye, it got to the ridiculous stage and it just went black, but no black as in the whole thing went dead, black as in you could tell it was there and still streaming but in plain black. That probably made no sense at all to anyone who never seen it lol. Surprised it took them that long though, Im with the ones who believe they cut, loop and play with the streams to suit themselves and the more Ive thought about it, Ive came to the reason being of 1 of 2 things; 1 - the same rhetoric as MSM, stop mass panic, can be dangerous if things are seen to be past the point of control etc. or 2 - to save their own arses cause they screwed up worse than ever and are trying to hide as much as possible for damage limitation.
I know which one I believe...

[edit on 4/8/10 by niblo]

Probably BOTH I bet....I don't think we EVER hear the REAL truth about anything, but this is BEYOND ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Good point, could be both.

Agreed about the whole truth, I think we need a John Connor sometime soon.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by niblo

LOL! We could use a guy like him I think!

new topics

top topics

<< 146  147  148    150  151  152 >>

join