It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 148
<< 145  146  147    149  150  151 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Not just the BBC reporting it. The Daily Mail did too. BP breakthrough as 'static kill' to plug Deepwater Horizon oil leak is successful

This is just proof that BBC or the Daily Mail didn't even bother to look at the feeds. One glance for about 30 seconds was all it took to totally debunk this crap. I lost a lot of respect for the BBC now.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
On Skandi 1, it goes from bubbles, to spraying, back to bubbles and now spraying again. Unless the ROV is spraying something onto the seals to blow them away...Hard to tell due to the bad angle.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Check this out...there is a video

Report: “BP Says ‘Static Kill’ on Gulf Well Is Successful” — As seeps continue from BOP and sea floor
August 4th, 2010 at 04:35 AM Print Post Email Post

SOURCE
Report: “BP Says ‘Static Kill’ on Gulf Well Is Successful” — As seeps continue from BOP and sea floor

Ektar

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ektar
Check this out...there is a video

SOURCE

Ektar

Link to one of the articles Ektar was speaking of: Report: “BP Says ‘Static Kill’ on Gulf Well Is Successful” — As seeps continue from BOP and sea floor

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Thank you Dragon!
That looks like major leakage in that 4am video
don't you think?

Ektar

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Yes but I do not think it is from the seafloor...at least not the 1st video. I think it is of the bubble being shown now on Skandi (which is now a spray) but at a much worse angle. I did not look closely at the second video yet.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Now on Skandi 1, they have the lighting set at a point where it does not look like anything is leaking at all. If you try to adjust the color, contrast, brightness, etc...the frame rate slows down a lot in windows media player. Given the recent BBC and Daily Mail reports, I am not surprised.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

I can see Skandi 1showing the leaks
and its also got that methane build on it again.

Ektar
(I'm watching on Morpheas)

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
STATIC KILL A SUCCESS!!.....WELL...."KIND OF" LOL!

BP Says 'Static Kill' Is Holding Back Flow Of Gulf Oil
August 4, 2010Share
View and comment on NPR.org
BP said Wednesday that the heavy mud pumped down the blown-out Gulf well has stoppered the flow of oil and that the pressure is stable, calling it "a milestone" toward ending the worst spill in U.S. history.
Crews began injecting mud through the temporary cap and into the well itself, nearly a mile under the Gulf, on Tuesday afternoon. After eight hours, they managed to achieve what engineers call a "static condition" in which the pressure of the mud from the surface and that of the oil pushing from the bottom are equalized.

"It's a milestone. It's a step toward the killing of the well," said BP spokeswoman Sheila Williams.

Engineers must now decide whether to also pour in cement, she said.

The static kill -- also known as bullheading -- involved slowly pumping the mud from a ship down lines running to the top of the ruptured well below. BP has said that may be enough by itself to seal the well.

However, work on an 18,000-foot relief well will continue in a second effort to seal the well. The goal is to kill the well from the bottom so that it will be sealed off in two directions. A 75-ton cap placed on the wellhead last month has helped keep oil from spilling into the Gulf, but it was considered only a temporary fix.

BP also won't know for certain whether the static kill has succeeded until engineers can use the soon-to-be-completed relief well to check their work.

A BP executive of the British oil giant suggested this week that the "bottom kill" might not be necessary. That prompted retired Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen, the government’s point man on the spill, to demand that the company continue with the procedure regardless of the static kill's success.

"There should be no ambiguity about that," Allen said. "I'm the national incident commander, and this is how this will be handled."

The apparent disagreement reflects some concern about how to safely kill the well once and for all, NPR science correspondent Richard Harris said.

"The mud is a secure solution, but not a permanent one," he said, adding that there are differing opinions over how to inject the cement to make the seal permanent.

"One possibility is to put cement on top of the heavy fluid that's in the well right now and push that down into the well," Harris said. "That would, however, push the heavy fluid into the rock [around the well bore], because the fluid has to go somewhere. Some geologists are concerned that if that's not done very carefully, it may actually fracture the rock somewhat."

The other option, Harris said, is to complete the relief well, which only has a few hundred more feet to go, and then pump the cement from down there. "The risk is that the relief well might miss on the first try and that the procedure could also be interrupted by hurricanes," he said.

The task is becoming more urgent because peak hurricane season is just around the corner, Allen said. Tropical Storm Colin formed then dissipated far out in the Atlantic on Tuesday, but early forecasts say it will travel toward the East Coast rather than the Gulf.

White House energy adviser Carol Browner said on morning TV talk shows Wednesday that a new assessment found that about 75 percent of the oil has been captured, burned off, evaporated or broken down in the Gulf.

"It was captured. It was skimmed. It was burned. It was contained. Mother Nature did her part," Browner told NBC's Today show.

The latest government estimate said roughly 4 million barrels of oil spewed into the Gulf after the April 20 explosion aboard the Deepwater Horizon rig that killed 11 workers. Copyright 2010 National Public Radio. To see more, visit www.npr.org...

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Funny how the feeds will show very clear displays for the sea floor shots, but not any equipment. Such a coverup!

Love the way the ROV controllers move the cameras around and stir up the sea floor too. Just to get some response.

BP staffers should be shot execution style!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
A couple of pages back someone asked what the equipment was that was being shown and CrazyDaisy wasn't sure either. The first pic of the blue and yellow tank looking thing is an anchor that was lowered over 85 feet into the sea floor. There are attachments on the top for connection to ships above, etc. I watched them lower it in. It is discussed in detail in this thread.

The second pic is the cap on top of the BOP pipe that was cut off. This cap leads to the five ram stack above, then to the new cap above that. This has also been discussed in detail in this thread.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I find this very interesting that they say most of the oil has been either picked up, burned off, or broken down in the gulf. How do you know when nobody really knows how much really leaked in the first place. I also would like to know how the well casing miraculously fixed itself.As I recall when the top kill failed they came to the conclusion that the well casing had to be compromised. But I guess the oil well fairy went down and fixed the casing. Maybe I am wrong, but wouldn't they have kept going with the top kill if nothing was wrong.I hope they get it right this time, but we have to wait and see.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ceriddwen

Thanks for letting us know about the tank!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Hi Kat, when is that quote? Only he says the relief wells are only a few hundret feet away, but we were told a week or 2 ago that they were less than 50 feet??

Nightmare keeping up with their web of lies and contradictions, hopefully the end is in sight now though.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

My pleasure!

To the other poster:

The oil hasn't disappeared and hasn't been cleaned up. It just isn't on the surface where it can be seen. BP is banking on most people not understanding that that doesn't mean it is gone. It is all settled on the sea floor and floating in plumes deep underwater and squiggling around in droplets. This is due to the corexit that has been pumped non-stop since around day two of this thing both below the surface of the seafloor, directly into the BOP, as it escaped the well, and sprayed from the air. Of course there is no oil to be seen in any quantities. This was the plan all along. BP has poisoned the Gulf in more ways than one and only time will tell what the long-term effects on flora, fauna, and humans will be.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The Skandi ROV 1 seems to be showing a little leak. Its not blowing out but a leak is coming from the BOP connection.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by niblo

That was from this morning.....it just sounds a bit too "tidy" to me. The quotes and the cams just don't seem to match up......

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Just now saw this:

Does this confirm the suspicions that many of us have had regarding the looped and/or pre-recorded footage?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Why wouldn't they report it as being a success?

They are broadcasting coordinates from Well A. It was abandoned last year. The blown out Well B is the real issue and the Obamanation Coverup has everyone in the dark on this. Hence, the media blackout. We are a nation of cowards here.

The Truth Has No Agenda: Speak Truth!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ceriddwen
reply to post by crazydaisy

My pleasure!

To the other poster:

The oil hasn't disappeared and hasn't been cleaned up. It just isn't on the surface where it can be seen. BP is banking on most people not understanding that that doesn't mean it is gone. It is all settled on the sea floor and floating in plumes deep underwater and squiggling around in droplets. This is due to the corexit that has been pumped non-stop since around day two of this thing both below the surface of the seafloor, directly into the BOP, as it escaped the well, and sprayed from the air. Of course there is no oil to be seen in any quantities. This was the plan all along. BP has poisoned the Gulf in more ways than one and only time will tell what the long-term effects on flora, fauna, and humans will be.

Oh I know.....I was just posting that because it was so RIDICULOUS. I don't believe a word of it!

top topics

<< 145  146  147    149  150  151 >>

join