It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 144
<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Oh and apologies...I meant to put a link up to what I was referring to on the clear seepage of methane and oil from the seafloor.

Stationary ROV films clearest sea floor bursts yet — August 2 near BP ‘Oil Spill’

I posted the first video here, but the rest is kinda a see for yourself thing...in order to really believe it.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Whatever is going on in that BOA ROV2 feed, I have to agree that it's not due to any prop wash. It looks quite major. It also seems that now there are two other ROVs watching it as well. Just wish I knew which two as I haven't been able to find other feeds that appear to show this same "eruption" event.

It's one heck of a coincidence that the only feed that is showing significant sea-floor activity has suddenly "scrunched up" to a 180x180 format, making it extremely difficult to see a lot of detail or even read the data displayed on the feed screen.

However I am not a big believer in coincidences in situations like this. In my humble opinion it's not unreasonable to assume that someone in BP has put out the word that any feed showing possible major sea-floor leakage/damage during the (alleged) top kill procedure is either to be shut down or screwed up.

So come on BP -- you know we're watching you around the clock so do us all a favor: if you want to stop the anti-BP cover-up talk getting even worse, hit the right buttons and FIX the damned feed!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
100% agreed.

anyone got an answer for the Q4000 smoking floor? still happening and theres more than 1

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by niblo

Possibly Q4000 is watching what BOA ROV1 is watching. We can see in the BOA ROV1 images that there is one or perhaps two other ROVs on the other side of that billowing cloud of silt/oil/lord knows what else. It would also explain the back lighting on the Q4000 image.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
That makes sense, had thought about it but assumed loads of sand smoke would be visible on the Q4 as well but its angled right downwards so it could just simply be out of view

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by niblo

I'm with you on Q4 appears that there
is black & red nasty stuff seeping up.

Ektar

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
You can see it coming up easily
on the right side (Q400 ROV 1)...

Ektar

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Doubtless it has occurred to all of us that this billowing cloud that BOA ROV2 is (sort of) showing could be evidence of a major failure in the sea floor, perhaps due to the top kill procedure...

Experts warned that this could happen. We know it; we've all discussed it. But how long will it be before the general public hears about this? If they ever do, that is?

By the way, BP staff who are paid to monitor internet discussion boards etc... We've already noted here as a matter of record that BOA ROV2's feed went bad just as this mysterious eruption began. Does your sainted company really want to rub another truckload of salt into its already considerable and near-fatal wounds? The amateur photoshopped images were bad enough and the story that went with them was utterly moronic and we didn't buy it for a second.

This is even worse and we're not going to buy any simple-minded excuses in this case either. Your feeds should be working fine. BOA ROV2's feed did not just change to a poor-quality 180x180 format all by its sweet little self. We're not idiots here. We know how easy it is to manipulate a video feed's output format. We also know how easy it is to put it back to normal again.

FIX the feed!

[edit on 3/8/10 by JustMike]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I know, doesnt look good.

Picture quality wasnt great to begin with but has got steadily worse for the last 20 minutes (Q4000)

[edit on 3/8/10 by niblo]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by niblo

Have to agree with you. The quality is abysmal.

Well it's after 1 a.m. where I am so I'm logging off. Good thing we have folks all over the world on this board so we can keep an eye on things 24/7...

Goodnight, all...

Errrmmm... Poor quality or not, whatever is happening on the BOA ROV1's feed right now is pretty scary looking. I see all sorts of bits and pieces flying around...

Glad you're all around to keep us updated.

Regards,

Mike

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Hahaha god damn.... It's so obviously leaking down there. Obvious leak is obvious.

Why isn't the @#$#@$ press all over this? Why aren't people kicking in doors demanding transparency?

I have a theory, that BP have known since day one that structural integrity is shot to sh*t downhole and that they are in some serious trouble.

"Cap the well, get the oil flow stopped, get it off the nightly news at any cost. If the seafloor explodes as a result, hey.... How can that be measured in any kind of financial level? Everyone wants this flow stopped/well killed so lets give it to them. If it results in a catastrophic blowout its their fault."

(This is not a real quote, just my imaginings)

I dunno guys, if I was living in America right now and could see plain as day something is quite wrong down there and BP are covering it up... I was going to say "I'd be doing something about it" but I guess that is unrealistic.

It's just going to have to take a sinister blowout of epic proportions to make people act as a united whole... I hope to the universe I'm wrong and all of you are wrong about seafloor leaks and explosions (even though we can see them).

Fingers crossed we are all batpoo crazy and the well is killed once and for all and the world can continue on its blind path of consumption until the next major resource extracting disaster takes place

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Check it out...video not up yet but it is of Q4ooo ROV1
with all that Red & Black seeping up!

6:30 p.m.: Different ROV films black clouds seeping from seafloor — Overhead View (VIDEO)

Q4000 ROV 1 August 3, 2010 at 6:30 p.m.:

SOURCE www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...

Ektar

Edit video up now...a little disappointing cause what we
were just seeing on Q4000 ROV1 although not good quality
feed but better than this video...

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Ektar]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
what are you up to skandi?...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
what are you up to skandi?...

- ahh, clean up job

[edit on 3/8/10 by niblo]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Check it out...Q4000 ROV1
There is now a bright place don't think it's camera light
it's where stuff is coming up

Ektar

Edit DAMN IT!! Wouldn't you know they moved the camera!!
White cloudy gas looking stuff was coming out.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Ektar]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Q4000 - ROV 1 04/08/2010 00.05 GMT

Looks like a dragons back or something just as dodgy!

Hos Achiever Maxx 1 04/08/2010 00.20 GMT

What the Hell is this, not seen it before!!

Skandi - ROV 1

Another piece of kit I have not seen before.

Are we still seeing the right well(s)

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Huge eruption red, orange & yellow
Q4000 ROV1

Ektar

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Looks more like they are trying to clear away sediment with some sort of water jet attached to the arm of the ROV. You can see it moving around and then the sediment blowing all over like an eruption.

Same story with the SKANDI ROV - clearing away accumulated oil that's been seeping out of the BOP.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Something WAS leaking on the Q4...looked like it was from some kind of pipe...looked like oil but hard to tell.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Makuahine

Thanks there weren't any machines when I initially
saw it...However there is nothing in that area to
be cleaned...There was alot of Black oil seeping up
So I think that sprayer is spraying the ground to enable us to
see how bad it is...

Ektar

top topics

<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join