It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 143
<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
What is Skandi ROV1 showing? Is that
the BOP with a large tube coming up out
of the middle that is carrying the static kill?

Ektar

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

I think so. There is about to be some info coming out in a few minutes. But BP (for what it's worth LOL) has just put out a statement saying "we have well integrity".......ahem

We shall seeeeeee

There will be info in a few on CNN for what that's worth....supposedly directly from BP *tongue in cheek*

[edit on 3-8-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Helloooooooo.....echo.......echo...........where IS everyone today?
.....Oh well....I'll check back later if I can.....

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Think we can expect to see anything of static kill on the feeds?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by niblo

It's going on right now and they are showing the BOP. If you DON'T see anything.......that's good. If we see things leaking from it......BAD. At least that's my understanding.....here's to seeing NOTHING **holds up glass*

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

That's basically it. If we don't see anything happening then it should mean the process is going well. As another poster mentioned, it's supposed to be a closed system, after all.

The only problem is, if we can't see anything happening, it could also mean they are not doing anything -- they're just saying they are.

I'm not suggesting they would mislead us in such a way, of course...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Am I the only one that see's the gaping hole on Ocean Intervention III?

Huge amounts of oil coming out but they keep panning away..

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I thought the big white structure on top was part of the new cap, then I thought it was something extra, couldnt make my mind up.
Can see the lights of quite a few rovs monitoring the bop and skandi 1 showing good close ups,
back in 5 minutes

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Sorry worked overnight last night, just woke up.

What the heck is Hos Achiever Maxx - ROV 1 showing on the morpheastruth.webs.com...? That is something I have never seen before.

I also find it odd that BOA DEEP C 2 now has a scrunched up screen. Even at 200% in windows media player, you cannot see anything.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pynner

Hi Pynner,

is that on the Ocean Intervention ROV1 feed? I've been watching it for some time and haven't seen anything I can make out clearly. OI ROV2 is not much better.

Regards,

Mike

EDIT: Seems there might be something billowing up on the right side of the OI ROV1 image but the image quality is extremely poor.

[edit on 3/8/10 by JustMike]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by pynner

Hard to tell if that is a hole on Intervention 1 or a shadow...I may take your word for it though. There are a lot of new features on the feeds today, to which I have never seen. The most oil I have seen seeping from the seafloor have been fro the BOAs, but now that the BOA ROV 2 is scrunched up, its hard to tell whats going on there.

EDIT: WOW now that was a HUGE eruption on BOA 2...jesus.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
seen that on boa2 as well dragon, that was really intense.

must be nasa propellers to cause something like that

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

Originally posted by pynner

Hard to tell if that is a hole on Intervention 1 or a shadow...I may take your word for it though. There are a lot of new features on the feeds today, to which I have never seen. The most oil I have seen seeping from the seafloor have been fro the BOAs, but now that the BOA ROV 2 is scrunched up, its hard to tell whats going on there.

EDIT: WOW now that was a HUGE eruption on BOA 2...jesus.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by DragonFire1024]

They have panned over it a few times to 'sneak a peek'... it's a pretty steady stream coming out.... I do agree on the low video quality..
One of the ROV feeds I was watching today looked great, till oil started floating past... Then, every time a blob of oil came passed the cam, it (resolution) became worse and worse.

Bottom right hand side..

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by niblo

Glad I was not the only one to see it...given the scrunched screen and bad quality of feed, it was hard to tell, but I swear I saw a lot of black oil come uil with the plume...and what a coincidence the camera pans up just a tad, enough that you could not see the seafloor anymore. Go figure lol.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
yeah the camera would pan up, the plume gets more intense and higher so the cams goes higher, this kept happening till the cam was looking as high up as it could. If somethings happening, just feckin watch it. Well i s'pose they probably are on a different cam.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by pynner

The other night, very early in the AM, about 3am EDT, the ROV caught methane and oil seeping from the seafloor on one of the Ocean Intervention ROVs. (forget which of the 2). Every time it happened, the frame rate of the feed would slow dramatically. But as soon as it settled down it would be perfect. So the guys in the "command center" were probably fooling with the feed as it seems that when the ROVs are doing "sonar surveys" in and area where there is seepage, they don't have someone driving the ROVs for a few minutes (bathroom break etc perhaps).

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Q4000 leaking something really weird, check it out before they move

edit - theyre totally engulfing it with spray now, it looked like smoke from a small fire but I think it was white. Really #e picture but it was something ive never seen and definetely not right

[edit on 3/8/10 by niblo]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by niblo
yeah the camera would pan up, the plume gets more intense and higher so the cams goes higher, this kept happening till the cam was looking as high up as it could. If somethings happening, just feckin watch it. Well i s'pose they probably are on a different cam.

I have said time and time again, they have no interest as to what happens down there. Every time something does, as it was in the past, the ROV would move, camera would pan, lights get turned off, or the ROV surfaces and other things as well. So it does not surprise me at all...but then it kinda defeats the purpose of wasting Millions of dollars a day (Maybe even billions given the number of ROVs being used) to operate those things.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Skandi 1 is monitoring something on the BOP...but it's monitoring a part that it never has before.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pynner

I see what you mean now. There is clearly something coming up from the seafloor just to the right of the ROV. You can barely see it though. I cannot say what it is, but whatever it is, it seems constant.

new topics

top topics

<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join