It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 140
<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I didnt have access to the net all weekend so just back, is this true that static kill is only hours away?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ektar
OK all of a sudden it seems as though I'm in the
middle of a dessert all alone... NO BOP or GOM
updates & everyone on this thread seems
to have disappeared. I hope this thread isn't dying
cause I'm sure that's what BP & etc would love to see.

Hope Stealthycat is okay, since she lives amongst all
this...& as far as I can tell (could be wrong) haven't seen her post since 28 July 2010...seems a little odd since she was quite active,
but also scared.

Ektar

People's attention spans are short. Many of us have other things to tend to. The feeds are no longer giving immediate satisfaction for the ZOMG!ers.

Oh, and there has basically been nothing of value on them for weeks.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Has anyone seen this videos, or the ones that follow? sorry if old, but what is the official word for the two wells?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
There hasnt been much of late on the feeds, but this thread has turned into a kind of hub for all the latest happenings and is good central place for us to keep up so I think we shouldnt let it die.
Maybe we could actually turn it into an 'up to date' thread but not exclusively for the feeds?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
There has been plenty going on...Last night there were a few eruptions on Ocean Intervention III ROV 2, the BOP gets shown for a few minutes or an hour then disappears, there have been no technical updates from BP...there is a lot going on and those are just a few. I have a job now so I am not around as much as I used to be , but if I am home and online I watch the feeds.

This is exactly what BP wants us to do...lose interest and think nothing is happening and that everything is just peachy.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
did anyone else see the anomaly that Boa Deep ROV 1 zoomed in on and recorded this morning between 135 and 235? I managed to get about 8 videos on my blackberry...it was strange because at first I thought it was another ROV, yet all other live feeds either were turned off or were stationed back on their respective ships. The only two other ROV's active where in entirely separate locations...if someone can help me post them I will be glad too or message me your email and I will see if i can send the file...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbomb456

If you are referring to the lights you saw it was another ROV. Just remember, BP is NOT showing us all the feeds. There could be 3 times more ROVs down there than what we actually see on the feeds. Not to mention the intentional blackout of the BOP.

You may also seen eruptions, where did happen last night, especially on Ocean Intervention III ROV 2.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I've got some snapshots and video snippets, more often frozen than not, from the past several hours. I can post the stills if anyone is interested, but it's more of the same sort of stuff we've been seeing. I haven't tried to upload a video so not sure if I can get that to work. And I don't have any video editing software (AFAIK) so you would have to suffer through the freezes.

The one eruption that IMO is undeniably not due just to a ROV is in the thread "July 30..." started by L Hamilton:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
The pulsating blasts that occur in this video are the same type of thing that is seen in an underwater volcano eruption that was videoed by a manned sub in the Pacific a few years ago (it's on youtube). No way (IMO) could a ROV thruster generate what is shown in this video in that other thread.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
If it was another ROV it was acting very peculiarly....and it seemed very different from the others...I have been looking for videos of other ROV's acting in the same manner, or displaying the same...qualities...would you like to see the videos?

One more thing...anyone else checking out the Psi Readings on Boa C ROV 1?

[edit on 2-8-2010 by bigbomb456]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
There was an earthquake in Louisiana. I think is somewhat unusual for Louisiana. I don't know if this could have any effect on the oil spill, but here is a link:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I was watching most of last night and very early this morning. And I am glad to see so many videos have been recorded of the eruptions I witnessed:

Stationary ROV films clearest sea floor bursts yet — August 2 near BP ‘Oil Spill’

I will post the first video here. The vidoe is a bit choppy because they would slow the frame rate when the eruptions happened. Its worth looking at the link for the rest of the videos. Its undeniably a methane and oil seep.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

i remember seeing those...very eery

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Is it just me or do things seem unusually quiet in anticipation of the static kill that may begin this evening. They are telling us to not get our hopes up. I looked at a couple of feeds a while ago on CNN and one was almost like a still image, not showing movement of the water or anything else. ????

Interesting that there was an earthquake in Louisiana today.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Thanks for the vid - wondering why just recently we have been seeing activity from the sea floor and what is causing it?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I checked in on the ROV Live Feed about 20 minutes ago and saw a pressure reading around 3,000 on a gauge I have not seen before on the Live Feeds. It was a single gauge on a yellow box, and the readings went up to 10,000 PSI. So have they been lowering the pressure leading up to this Top Kill, or is this proof of the damage to the wellhead (that they were first fearing when they installed the 2nd cap)? I know when they first put the cap on, they wouldn't show us a pressure gauge... I tried to capture this but apparently, I don't have the correct software to do this. By the time I left Real Player after attempting to download, the screen was all black.

I, too, am worried about this event all but going away in MSM. Either Doc Velocity is on to something huge (which I would prefer), or the PTB don't want us to know that TS (may) HTF tonight when they attempt Top Kill. I find it rather odd that they do all this work at night when most people are sleeping.

Worried in Alabama : ( Praying the Doc is correct!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueangel7
There was an earthquake in Louisiana. I think is somewhat unusual for Louisiana. I don't know if this could have any effect on the oil spill, but here is a link:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

I live in New Orleans, and have lived in Louisiana all my life, and I can tell you..... earthquakes are NOT something normal here. I did some checking and apparently it HAS happened in the past, but I never knew about it. It just seems odd that it happened NOW, while all these eruptions are occurring. I watched the feeds constantly for a while, and stopped when I saw a MASSIVE eruption one night that scared me to death. NOT propeller wash.....it was like a volcano....with fire and red smoking rocks (or lava) flying everywhere. I have seen many "explosions" over the course of the past couple of months, but this one was different. It scared me so bad I had to stop watching the feeds because I couldn't sleep. I did some checking, and the gulf is FULL of asphalt volcanoes.....I think this is what I saw. I guess they are relatively harmless, but with the methane being spewed, I wonder if it could set something off. I hope I am over reacting......I am so close to the gulf and I am a nervous wreck! BTW.....I am usually a very calm person who doesn't freak out over things.....but I am really concerned about this. I hope I AM over reacting.....

[edit on 2-8-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Boa deep c rov 1 was recording some eruptions, then the feed froze.

Just eruptions that kick stuff through the water, view to the seafloor wasn't visible, the ROV was off the seafloor.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Yep.....I guess things are starting to happen....hence the blackout should begin soon....sigh

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
A member of the Coast Guard said on the TV news (don't know what time it was taped) that the wellhead was directly beneath Boa Sub C. (At least I think she said Sub C as opposed to Deep C.)

The ship's position at 6pm CDT from marinetraffic.com:
28.7392N, 088.3645W

[edit on 2-8-2010 by ttatw]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

IS there any chance they are slowing the frame rate down so they can analyze the images better?

Or is that just nonsense?

new topics

top topics

<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join