It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 139
<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

your link goes straight to beforeitsnews' main page.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Thank you & sorry about that, still trying to
figure things out...I tried to edit, don't know if it worked.

Ektar

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Thad Allen, the retired Coast Guard commandant who is overseeing things, told the Post that there was a definite decline in the use of dispersants after the May 26 order from the Obama administration to limit their use. Environmental protection officials said their use had declined by 72 percent.

sify.com...

I would imagine some of the well-watchers might disagree with that figure. Unless we werent really seeing that dispersant wand constantly waving about.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
OK all of a sudden it seems as though I'm in the
middle of a dessert all alone... NO BOP or GOM
updates & everyone on this thread seems
to have disappeared. I hope this thread isn't dying
cause I'm sure that's what BP & etc would love to see.

Hope Stealthycat is okay, since she lives amongst all
this...& as far as I can tell (could be wrong) haven't seen her post since 28 July 2010...seems a little odd since she was quite active,
but also scared.

Ektar

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
i know what you mean, this is the only "BP" thread i follow. have learned a lot here.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Nah not dying...just less of things to post. And with the BOP out of view for whatever reason, and them not showing things they are supposed to, then the posts slow down. Especially sine I am working now
But as long as I am here, and online, I watch with interest.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Ocean Intervention III ROV 2, has some oil blobs coming from the seafloor, and also somethings are shooting up out of the floor too...not sure if bubbles or gas or what...but they streak right up from the floor.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
intervention 3 rov 1 apears to have a black screen with just a claw showing, but if you look closely it looks like there is a lot going on in the back ground. is it just me or does anyone else see this?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Ocean Intervention III ROV 2 just had a seafloor eruption...lots of oil blobs and seafloor sand spraying up...wow

Watching it in Windows Media: Ocean Intervention III ROV 2

The frames are moving slow...but only when the seafloor erupts...and then its fine. I think whoever is monitoring this is changing the frame rate as it happens.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

I see the sand billowing up. Could there be an rov behind it, hidden by the blowing sand?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Are Boa Deep sea Rov 1 and skandi rov 2 in the same place? I was watching them and saw a lot of sand and oil blobs blowing. It looked bad. Could one of the rovs be doing it, or has there been an eruption?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

Nope. At the time the nearest ROV was quite a ways away that you could see the headlights in the distance...they would also slow the frame rate of the ROV cam as the events happened.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Well I'm watching Ocean Intervention III ROV 2 and it's staying at 90 feet above sea floor and something is venting up to the right of the picture. I tried using fraps to get screenshot but didn't work. It's stayed still for the last 15 minutes that I've been watching and it's still there motionless as I type. The seafloor appears to have new ridges and almost mini mountains. The look new and it's not sand. Another ROV is looking at a similar scene but more ridges. There are lot's of white bubbles coming out of those areas and they are going straight up. It lasted for about 3-4 minutes.

They are showing the BOP. Last night I watched them clean off the "Beehive" from the new cap. It was quite thick. I'll have to watch the BOP feed and see if they show it again. Would be interesting to find out how much has built up again.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I view the feeds thru Reality Check - I went there this morning and got a page saying Internet Explorer cannot access webpage - is anything else out there working?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I've been using Morpheas' page...
Boa ROV 1 has was extremely active for about
30 min. Prior to the all the activity I did notice
the ridges & etc that DEEZNUTZ was talking
about...& I saw what appeared to look
like a crater...like a perfect crater you would see in a shot
of the moon. Unfortunately I wasn't quick enough to
capture a photo.

Ektar

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I've just come back from a weeks holiday and see from the MSM that they intend filling the well with heavy mud and if the oil backs down they are going to pump in cement from the relief well by tomorrow?!

Sounds like I haven't missed much, but that the next 24-48 hours may prove interesting, given this has never been tried before at such depth, and the fact the sea floor isn't very stable according to reports via here.

It's fingers crossed time for the GOM. Thing is, if it works and they permanently seal the well, how the hell do they rectify all the damage done from the oil in the sea (below surface) and the Corexit?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Hi Ektar!

Is this the crater that you saw on Boa ROV 1? If so I also have the video footage I can upload.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's it. Glad you got
a photo so others can view the footage.
I wasn't sure if that was something new or not,
as I don't recall seeing it before today.

Thanks
Ektar

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Even though this area has had some EQ activity in the past, Louisiana did have a small Earthquake late Sunday night. It was only a 3.0 and very shallow at 3.1 miles in depth, but I thought I would share the info on this.

It has been a while since there was EQ activity in this area, so it is something to ponder.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

and

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Magnitude 3.0
Date-Time Monday, August 02, 2010 at 04:34:28 UTC
Sunday, August 01, 2010 at 11:34:28 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 30.873°N, 90.874°W
Depth 5 km (3.1 miles) set by location program
Region LOUISIANA
Distances 55 km (35 miles) NNE of BATON ROUGE, Louisiana
55 km (35 miles) NW of Hammond, Louisiana
55 km (35 miles) SW of McComb, Mississippi
130 km (80 miles) NW of New Orleans, Louisiana

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 19.6 km (12.2 miles); depth fixed by location program
Parameters NST= 7, Nph= 7, Dmin=153.2 km, Rmss=0.4 sec, Gp=198°,
M-type="Nuttli" surface wave magnitude (mbLg), Version=6
Source USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID us2010zlai

Also, the Quake Watch thread here on ATS has had some discussion about this EQ with some additional related links:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2-8-2010 by lasertaglover]

[edit on 2-8-2010 by lasertaglover]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Thank You so much for thinking of me Ektar...I just came back today. To be honest, I was just getting so nervous I had to take a break. I was watching the cams non stop and after I saw what looked like several huge blow ups I was freakin LOL! I'm fine, but nervous about this static kill coming up. I hope everyone stays here too......it seems to me like the only place where I can find info (besides BP's propaganda)....thanks again! I'll be around as much as possible and if there is any news from here I will definitely pass it on! Peace.....

<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join