It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 135
<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I took two screenshots of the "new" BOP that you speak of. When the rov was flying down to it, there was a large #2 on the front, so I took it to be relief well #2.

I HAVE NOT seen the original BOP from the deepwater horizon yet. (well what they were showing us as the original well) It's been 3 or 4 days by my mark...

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Xanadu30]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
After some editing, sorry... Here is the other one -

It's interesting that they were looking at the bottom, while no rov feeds at all were on showing this. This is relief well 2 I'm guessing but I don't know for sure, it looks nothing like the Deepwater Horizon BOP

Still haven't seen the original BOP in days...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

I think some of it might be from the seafloor...but only in that 1% bracket that I mentioned earlier...at least that 1% that we see anyways.That said, I still do think we are being mislead as to what is really going on down there.

EDIT: And still no sign of the BOP...I am with the guy above...I just don't think that screen shot I took was the Deepwater BOP...

[edit on 30-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Maybe someone captured the video from Ocean Intervention ROV 2 about 12:05 to 12:25 ROV time (Central Daylight I think). The best I can do is screen captures, see below. There was a big cloud right after the second shot - intentional distrubance by ROV fans? I don't know. But that is definitely oil in the lower right of image 2 - the wisps floating up as well as the black spot on the sediment.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by ttatw]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ttatw

Not sure either...depends what it is carrying and whether or not its dragging on the seafloor. Also they have a wire/rope they use as a guide so they do not get lost and that kicks up a lot of sand and what not too...so beats me.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

The ROV was stationary at that time. That cable it is holding has weights on the end. It had picked the cable and weights up earlier, and dropped it in this spot (no position data so I couldn't tell how much it moved). There was another ROV staring back at it too at some point. The other ROV didn't match up with any of the feeds on the thumbnail page.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
WOW...Skandi ROVs are back...after how many days now? And of course they keep freezing...what a joke.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Skandi 2 was just showing a good bit of wispy type oil coming out of that vent hole (same one it was monitoring days ago I think).

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Ok I don't know how to turn this off or why it is doing it but every time I go to a feed page ALL the feeds start to pop up in a new window...I cannot watch them in Windows media because they will pop up in a new window...what gives wth that?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
BOA DEEP SEA 1 showing oil blobs leaking from seafloor! Well it was showing little oil blobs seeping...ever so slightly...then as usual the camera moves.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by fred call

No.. but sounds interesting.. I'll have to research it.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Sure a lot of cloudy water on the Boa feeds..

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Yea.. they're back online now that they have finished doing whatever they didn't want us to see or cleared out what they didn't want us to see.

Edit: Did you notice the display on the Skandi ROV1 says "Gas Monitoring".. I guess the operator doesn't want to hide what he/she is really doing.. good for him/her.

[edit on 7/30/2010 by Morpheas]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Hey all... Skandi ROV1 is at the base of the well.. haven't seen that for a long time..

Edit: Do you think that thing hanging from the left arm is some kind of gas sensor.. that is my guess..

[edit on 7/30/2010 by Morpheas]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Where is Q4000 today? The coordinates are way different than the typical ones. Looked like it was showing part of a BOP. (leaning badly or ROV/camera at an angle)

[edit on 30-7-2010 by ttatw] Not leaning in next view

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Q4000 ROV 1 - probable hydraulic leak on this BOP best I can tell

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Here is the screenshot of the "gas monitoring" where you can clearly see the pipe is leaking bad here at the seafloor. I'm just glad they are SHOWING the BOP for the first time in three days but I'm still worried about what kind of shape it's in. Someone in another board said he saw the BOP and the whole side was covered with the "beehive" stuff now.

I also got one of these too which shows some sort of leak from the BOP

and guys... thanks for the compliment but I'm a girl

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Effort To Stop Gulf Gusher Delayed Over Sediment

The government's point man for the Gulf oil spill says there's been a delay in a procedure that will help stop the gusher for good. Coast Guard Adm.

Thad Allen said Friday that debris was found in the bottom of the relief well that must be fished out before crews can pump mud into the busted well in a procedure known as a static kill.

cbs5.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

Let me see if I can help you out on that....

What happened in the Gulf of Mexico is that while drilling for methane, something went wrong. Whether it was sabotage, of the technology is new and dangerous, all that is being kept quiet.

Could be terrorists sabotaged the well so that Methane/Oilgae/salt water alternative fuel source puts OPEC and Venezuela out of business.

Methane mixed with algae creates more methane. Methane harnessed is an alternative to crude. As is natural gas. The methane/algae/salt water connection is called Oilgae.

Could be that environmentalists sabotaged the oil rig. To create oilgae, it takes an algae farm. That's a large tract of salt water, admixed with methane and algae. The world is two thirds salt water. Plenty of ocean. But the environmental whackos don't want the ocean used for oilgae farming.

Yeah, an oilgae farm kills fish. The saltier and more brackish the water, the more oilgae produced. The Gulf of Mexico is saturated with methane, floating crude and algae (also known as the Red Tide).

There's a plan on the drawing board to turn a large chunk of the Gulf of Mexico into an oilgae farm. The Gulf of Mexico is about fished out already. The Red Tide annually kills most of the marine life.

The beat goes on. The world's population keeps growing. Everybody's supposedly screaming for an alternative fuel source. But the environmentalists don't want to see the Gulf of Mexico become what it already is: an oilgae farm that needs cultivating.

The Dead Sea is already a rather large methane pool putting out oilgae.

Large chunks of the Great Lakes, the Great Salt Lake, etc....all potential oilgae producing farms in the peak oil generation.

www.killerinourmidst.com...

new topics

<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join