It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 131
<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morpheas
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Maybe it is for one of the collecting risers shown in this image:
www.envirocarlist.com...

Why would they need a sucker if they are going to fill the thing up?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I believe they were planning on completing the detachable collectors for backup.. just in case the relief well fails?? But what I don't get is if the relief well fails, won't there be a hole down there where the oil can leak out?

Edit.. going to see if there are any current tech briefs.. back in a few.

[edit on 7/27/2010 by Morpheas]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I just went to BP's Technical Update page and there are a few must see updates that helps a lot in knowing what is going on down there.

Best to view in this order:

Sealing cap installation overview with Kent Wells (video) - July 9th
Technical update with Kent Wells (video) - July 21st
Sealing cap installation slides (pdf) - July 9th
Technical briefing (audio) - July 27th

BP Technical Updates - Home Page

[edit on 7/27/2010 by Morpheas]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
ON THE NEWS, they said that there is next to nothing to be picked up by the skimmers. HELLO, THATS BECAUSE IT IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN, due to the disspersants. THEY ARE SOOOOO PREDICTABLE.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by nite owl]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Even thought your comments weren't in response to anything I posted, you stepped up. I'm good with that. This thing is so off the charts it is easy to get lost in it. As I said, we are all on edge.

And the crap just keeps getting deeper. As far as I can tell most of the people in this forum have a pretty good idea of what is going on in our world & we're all just trying to find our way. But, I'm getting off topic now so I will leave it at that.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
A little note to those of you who use Windows Media Player to watch a feed...like open the feed in the program itself. (close Windows Media Player if open) Right click the feed on the web page of the one you want to watch. Select options. Performance tab, and select your internet speed if its set to auto. Then apply settings. Refresh page. Solves 90% of my freeze issues.

Now that will also save to Windows Media player when you open it separately to watch a feed...if you want to get a bit more fancy... Put WMP inclassic mode, select tools, options, Performance, under video acceleration select Advanced settings, Check box of use video mixing renderer and check use high quality mode. Will make a big difference in my opinion. Also allows for you to fool with the color settings a lot easier.

And just so you know...windows media player hates to be run with this many feeds at once on a web page. I learned...so even stopping the feeds does not always work. Its just a mess...

[edit on 27-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
New bubbles on Skandi 1...these are on the other side of the flange...so now at least 8 or more spots of oil bubbles leaking from this thing. At least 3 leaks on the new side.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

[edit on 28-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
found this interesting...

www.dailykos.com...

seems like the most likely browser to crash is firefox, although others have been also....
and well, seems to be happening to quite a few people....

got to run.....

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

The latest version of FF is a PITA - Period. Never been so unstable at anything

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
So I just pulled up one of Morpheas new feed pages (thanks btw!) and I noticed something odd. Someone in one of the above threads hypothesized that there are more ROV's at the site then we are getting feeds for. I believe that is true now.

Let me explain my setup, I'm using a Mac with Safari & the WMV converter, Flip for Mac. When I open the page, the feeds have to cache before I can view them. I normally work out of Firefox, so I open Safari, go to Morpheas' cam feed page and switch back to Firefox while the feeds cache.

Usually when I switch over to take a look at the feeds I scrub the timeline to see if there is any movement. All cameras where stationary. But in one camera's view I could see a ROV's lights moving by. I double checked the active feeds and none of them moved during that time. The feed I saw movement on was the Olympic Challenger - ROV 2, time code on it's screen was around 6:44. Skandi Neptune - ROV 1 did show some movement but not for 10mins later, around 6:55.

Thoughts? You all have been watching these feeds more than I have & I would like to now your opinion on what I just saw.

I'm gonna try and take some screen shots of the movement. I will post them back here if successful.

So this is my 3rd attempted to edit this post to insert the video. The site is taking any of the edits, grrr. Just showing I have edited the post without making the changes. double grrrr.

Video:

Thanks

[edit on 28-7-2010 by OneisOne] - to remove extra code....

[edit on 28-7-2010 by OneisOne]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morpheas
Hi all,

I have made a minor update to the Live BP ROV Feeds (180x135) and Live BP ROV Feeds (315x235) pages.. I moved the most active to the top. I've also made a third page that just has the six most active feeds.

Updated: Live BP ROV Feeds (180x135)
Updated: Live BP ROV Feeds (315x235) - All
New: Live BP ROV Feeds (315x235) - Most Active

Morpheas

I just made this Most Active feeds page and now the Olympic and Skandi feeds are off and they're now using the Ocean Intervention and Enterprise feeds.. figures.. we'll see if it stays this way.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
What is the giant pipe on Enterprise 1 on the morpheus feeds? I want to say the riser pipe for relief well? Just a guess though.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

I was wondering the same thing. Did you happen to see that big commotion on boa 1 about an hour ago? It was wild looking! It looked like something blew up and lasted for about 15 minutes.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Are they still going to do the static kill? maybe that is what the pipe is for.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I heard that they plan to start the static kill (pumping the mud) on Monday.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I have been watching boa 1 and all day there have been what looked like explosions (I could be wrong lol)....but now there is something in the background with green lighting and the structure looks all messed up....I can't tell what the structure is and I can't read the writing on the bottom of the screen to say where it is....but I think it said BOP sonar sweep....this area has been having these outbursts A LOT......does anyone have answers?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I have no idea what that is on boa 1, it freezes every few seconds. Boa 2 is showing nothing but bubbles.

The fate of the world is in their hands & they can't keep the equipment on line....gee. I feel so much better.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I am in no means trying to be off topic...
I thought this kind of tied in due to yet another spill
and media being denied access. This is ALL to weird.

Media not allowed to the Michigan oil spill

Snippet

[It’s looking like the oil spill from a pipeline into the Talmadge Creek in Calhoun County is going to be a replay of the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico in at least one respect — the companies, aided by the government, do not want the media to have access to take pictures
and video of what is going on. The Michigan Messenger’s Todd Heywood is on the scene and was turned away from one of the primary sites by employees of Enbridge, the company that owns and operates the pipeline.]

source ______beforeitsnews/story/116/573/Media_not_allowed_to_the_Michigan_oil_spill.html
source michiganmessenger.com/40133/michigan-oil-spill-a-replay-of-gulf-spill

Legislator calls spill worst in Midwest history
Snippet
[Patrick Daniels, president and CEO of Enbridge, says 19,000 barrels, or about 789,000 gallons, of oil was released. But Rep. Mark Schauer (D-Bedford Township) says the Environmental Protection Agency estimates just under one million gallons of crude oil was sent spewing into Talmadge Creek and then into the Kalamazoo River.

source same as above

Ektar

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Can someone please tell me what is going on in the live feed from boa1? It has been exploding all day and seems to be getting worse. I just watched one a few minutes ago and the smoke flashed bright blue....it was not the rovs or anything....big chunks of rock or something were flying out from it in all directions. I am so scared right now....does anyone know what it is? What are all these explosions?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
There seems to be alot of debris floating around on skandi2,it looks as if
the seafloor is erupting,but its realy hard to tell,maybe on of you guys that watch this more than i do can make a better observation..

top topics

<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join