It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 130
<< 127  128  129    131  132  133 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

I'll say it again, clearly our 'government' is no longer in charge of anything other then stalling. 'They' should all be arrested. All of the 'they' from BP to local authorities to gov't officials, should be answering serious questions. I don't see that happening anytime soon. I thought criminal charges were supposed to be filed against BP along time ago. Who would they arrest? Tony Haywire fled the scene. (Sorry, sarcasim slips in.) And who would be doing the arrests & asking the questions? At some point a committee will be set up. For a while that group will look like it's trying to get to the bottom of all this...it will be another fake out designed to keep us busy while our world is torn apart.

The frustration isn't lost on me. I get it. I just don't know what to do about it. I've contacted all the reps for the state so many times they recognize my voice. I tell people at every opportunity. I send them here to get a better idea of what is really happening. All those who don't want to hear it anymore call me to find out what's going on then resent it when I don't tell the happy stories. I tell them to try Diane Sawyer next time.

Does it help? I don't know. This is just crazy.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Michigan Oil Spill Soaks Wildlife, Causes Odor

Pipeline leaks more than 800,000 gallons of oil into Mich. creek, coating wildlife
The Associated Press
July 27, 2010 (AP)

Company officials say more than 800,000 gallons of oil have leaked from a pipeline into a creek that flows into the Kalamazoo River in southwest Michigan.

Calgary, Alberta-based Enbridge Inc.'s affiliate Enbridge Energy Partners LP of Houston says the cause of the leak in the 30-inch pipeline Monday is under investigation.

Enbridge and the Calhoun County Sheriff's Office of Emergency Management says the pipeline pumps were shut down as soon as the leak was discovered.

The foul-smelling spill has killed fish and endangered other wildlife.

The pipeline carries about 8 million gallons of oil a day from Griffith, Ind., to Sarnia, Ontario.

The oil spilled into Talmadge Creek, which flows northwest into the Kalamazoo River.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Getting beyond a joke.

Does that mean theres no more oil flowing from the Michigan one then at least?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

here is a link to that story at foxnews fox news

What the heck is going on?!!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
More garbage from BP Twitter page

BP: "We are gaining more sense that the well has integrity. Pressure at 6932, continuing to build at less than 1/2psi per hour. -Kent Wells" Oh so it went from 2psi an hour, to one PSI an hour and now 1/2 PSI an hour? And still NO WHERE near the 7500 PSI they have stated they needed to be ABOVE all this time. How long has it been now?

BP: "Much of the oil has dispersed and been broken down by naturally-occurring bacteria. Amount of oil on surface is less and less. -Lubchenco" Wow...dispersed as in well may as well let it flow into the Gulf Stream? Totally outrageous.

BP: "NOAA scientists are deployed throughout Gulf to determine where oil has gone and where it will go. -Jane Lubchenco of NOAA" We already have a pretty idea where is going and has gone...just a matter of time now before East Coast gets the oil???

This just gets more and more outrageous...I just don't even know what to say now.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kno22

Just like the so-called congressional hearings on the Deepwater disaster...nonbinding testimony...so they go in, tell a bunch of lies, or maybe some truth, but its not binding. Its not a criminal hearing. Its like the 9/11 commission...no one will get arrested, no one will do time and so on...The congressional hearings are a joke and a waste of taxpayer money...all for what? Publicity.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

All of this is every bit as much acts of terrorism as 9/11 was. And the info coming out of that disaster is still, like the oil, a river of crap.

We are under attack. Why isn't anyone seeing that? We are being hit where it hurts...at the pump. It isn't like the warning signs weren't there. We've fought wars over oil like a huge calling card saying 'hey this is what matters to us'.

You're right. No one will ever truly answer for any of this. Most of America is sound asleep.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I see from the still image composite page that Skandi 2 is showing the BOP, first time in a while AFAIK. I can't get the video feed - can someone get a screen capture or at least record the data (N/E, depth, Alt)?

EDIT: now it's offline! I guess we need to use code names so the BP or DHS spies won't turn off the ones we're watching.

EDIT2: now it's showing a good shot 3 ram stack cap HI BP!
[edit on 27-7-2010 by ttatw]

[edit on 27-7-2010 by ttatw]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by niblo

Supposedly they shut it down, but not before 840,000 gallons hit the river...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
criminaljustice.change.org...

www.thepetitionsite.com...

I urge everyone to sign these petitions.....we need to do something about this BS! There are many more as well....just google "BP Petitions", and a whole slew of them will come up..........sign every one of them....let's show them we won't drink thier freakin kool-aid!!!

[edit on 27-7-2010 by StealthyKat]

[edit on 27-7-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
And here is where you can tell BP what you think of them (not that they care, but it might make you feel better LOL!) I am sending them an email, I hope yall will too.....let's give em hell!!

www.bpcomplaints.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I sennt one this morning that everyone in Britain can send as well, its to the transport secretary and is part of the Greenpeace 'going beyond oil' campaign.
Can be found on ther website, just a case of putting your name and clicking send.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by Nomad451

Thankyou Nomad....but I get plenty of sunshine AND I have a job. I'll bet you don't live down here, right? I know you meant well with your post, but imagine if you lived in coastal Louisiana.....wouldn't you be concerned? I know I freaked out a little yesterday, but I saw what I saw and it was frightening. Oh, and I had a BBQ last weekend, but I don't drink beer LOL!

I hope I didn't cause any offense with my post. I realized after I wrote it how it sounded, and believe me It wasn't the tone I was going after.

Your right I don't live on the Gulf coast, in fact I don't even live in the US, I live in Australia. But living here doesn't make me ignorant to the implications of what is going on down there.

As time goes on, it's really becoming more and more apparent how much BP and your Government has been lying about this. It's also been apparent to me that this whole event has the potential to be the so called "Cliff Event" that peak oil activists and economists (the ones with brains) have warned about for so long.

In other words it has the potential to tip our civilization over the cliff that we have been dancing on. While an oil leak causing such a thing might sound ludicrous it really makes sense. This whole mega fiasco couldn't have come at a worse time..

Worldwide debt is running rampant, nations are broke, the global economy is imploding, we are literally inching towards a new world war as history is repeating itself and as superpowers wage resource wars in the middle-east.

America can't afford to deal with this disaster, and certainly neither can Britain. And I do believe IMHO that this will serve, along with more war, the mortal blow to thew US economy and as a cascading result the world. So I am sorry if I caused offense, I do understand the severity of it. And I know telling people to get a job is a rather moot point in the face of all I have just said!

What I was trying to say was, if this IS what I have said, you may want to re-prioritize between watching the live feeds (which may be bogus) and enjoying the outdoors and the company of friends with a beer and some laughs! I'm glad to see your doing just that anyway
Good luck to everyone

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
It's not that hard to watch the feeds today because there haven't been much on them. I'm really surprised that they don't have at least ONE of the cams watching the BOP (they probably do, we just can't see it). I've just noticed in the last few days after the tropical storm there hasn't been much on them.

Late last night they were getting all of their gear and tools and caps and whatever ready. Maybe they are waiting for tonight to get some stuff done just in case anything goes wrong lol. They have done that before that's for sure. I'm also sure they look as these forums too just to see what we have seen.

Does anyone know when they are going to attempt the static kill? Are they even doing it now or has that been canceled?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I don't know if THAT bad...well at least hope not. It also wouldn't surprise me if it did get that bad. A conspiracy? Yes...why? Because of the overwhelming evidence both on the ROVs and from independent scientists and universities that say there are lying, and not just BP, but everyone: the government, from the US House to the President and everyone in between.

Many companies, not including BP made, a lot of money from this disaster...sad but true. The amount of equipment, and everything else that went into this disaster from the moment the rig exploded, to this very day, has in itself been of biblical proportions. You know how much it costs to operate one of those ROVs let alone make one? But the government on every level has been so deep in the pockets of big oil for so long, they cannot stop. Its legal coc aine, crack or whatever else you want to call it.

Sorry...I don't believe in coincidences...not like this...there are too many of them. Too much PR, too much BS. If you see my posts about the tweets they do on Twitter, you can see from that history and a search of articles in the news, that the numbers go down every day. The feeds, without any logical or technological explanation die, at least for "us." The government goes more up in arms over Wikileaks than a disaster that will hurt us and the world for the next 50 or more years. The list goes on, but I think for us in this thread those are the most obvious, and important.

As silly as it sounds, I stopped believing everything they or the government tells me, when they had the nerve to photoshop images, and thought everyday people were too stupid to figure it out. Our problem in their eyes: We think more than they do. That may not do much in the near run, but will have implications for generations to come.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I know you didn't mean it that way....I just didn't know if you realized how it sounded. I apologize if I came off as rude too....friends?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Xanadu30

Supposedly Monday-ish they said today. Their official twitter mentions it. But if this fails, then they will be left with a bigger mess than we had to begin with.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Uh...why ANOTHER well sucker in the water? Q4000 1, just a few minutes ago.

Oh and here is what the Enterprise has been monitoring...over a mile away. Another oil sucker. I detailed what it was here on July 25 www.abovetopsecret.com... and what it is exactly: Enterprise Top Hat Phases

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Not a whole lot going on.. [yawn].. I noticed that thing also on the Q4000. I wonder why the Q4000 ROVs have such poor video quality. You would think that if you built or bought a very pricey ROV that you would make sure to have good cameras. Maybe they lower the quality for the feeds so the public has a harder time seeing what is going on down there.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Maybe it is for one of the collecting risers shown in this image:
www.envirocarlist.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 127  128  129    131  132  133 >>

join