It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 129
<< 126  127  128    130  131  132 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

You are uniquely positioned to be one of our best observers. I am assuming you, like me, have no technical training to fall back on other then our own good sense. Common sense is what most people can understand.

I'm in Kansas & everyday I'm seeing less & less mention of this crisis in the news. The only real news I'm getting is what I hunt down daily. You are literally on the front line. So, hang in there darlin' & know you aren't alone.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

If you are crazy then so am I. There seems to be a lot of that going around these days. It breaks my heart to see & know what's happening on our own shores. Even more so when I see others blowing it off as if it were nothing. Most of the people I know want to stay informed but the ptb aren't making it easy. A few wish I would find another topic of conversation. That isn't going to happen.

BP is slinging bs at a magnitude that rivals the hell on Earth they have created. Keep the masses confused seems to be the call of the day. They are near succeeding. Push the press back, show nice pictures behind some talking head & everything will just go a way.

No one seems to have noticed we, as a nation, are extremely vulnerable right now. We're distracted, our resources spread much too thin & our economy tanks. All the while that right hand is waving frantically above the table. Everyone should be paying attention to what that left hand under the table is doing. I can say, it's nothing good.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kno22

You are uniquely positioned to be one of our best observers. I am assuming you, like me, have no technical training to fall back on other then our own good sense. Common sense is what most people can understand.

I'm in Kansas & everyday I'm seeing less & less mention of this crisis in the news. The only real news I'm getting is what I hunt down daily. You are literally on the front line. So, hang in there darlin' & know you aren't alone.

Thankyou for the kind words.....so far, things are pretty normal except along the coastline and marshes. What scares me the most are the "explosions" that happen from time to time down there. As I am typing this, FOX news just said that there is a NEW OIL LEAK.....from ANOTHER rig! They showed it from a distance and either smoke or oil was billowing up to the sky.....sigh

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
JUST WHAT WE NEED!!!!!!!

New Leak Found on Gulf Coast
July 27, 2010 - 12:48 PM | by: Jonathan Serrie
The Coast Guard is responding to a new oil leak on the Gulf Coast.

This spill involves a well in Bayou St. Dennis about 10 miles south of Lafitte, Louisiana.

Although this latest spill is unrelated to the Deepwater Horizon disaster in the Gulf of Mexico, it's blocking vessels of opportunity based in Lafitte from accessing the Gulf, as officials assess air quality and other health and safety issues at the site. (Boats staged in other areas are unaffected).

"It's apparent that some type of vessel has hit the well head, has laid it over," said Donald Nalty, COO of oil spill cleanup contractor ES&H, who just returned from a flyover of the site in single engine seaplane. "It's probably about a four inch casing and it's spewing out oil and natural gas."

Nalty said the oil was coming out as a mist and was dusting nearby marshes.

Read more: liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com...

[edit on 27-7-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
In response to the comments about the pc shutting down while watching the feeds, that just started happening to me yesterday. I have been watching these feeds for a long time with no problem what so ever. I use firefox and have a pretty kick butt pc. It also happened with a reboot and nothing running except for the feed itself.I find it rather curious as well.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

I have had that happen to me a couple of times too. Never on any other sites.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Does anyone know what that red looking thing is on Boa deepC rov1? I can't tell if it's floating or what, but the camera has been fociused on it for quite a while. Just curious.....

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
GEEZ....I must be the only one here today LOL! We were all wondering what that weird green haze is on some of the feeds.....this article says it is caused by oil eating bacteria...a natural occurance...I just thought I would pass it on!

Enter the Oleophilics. Once you increase the surface area, you have increased the size of the dinner table for the Oleophilic (oil-loving) bacteria that NATURALLY consume oil. There have been oil leaks in the Gulf of Mexico (and elsewhere in the world) for billions of years. When the earth shifts, rifts open up channels to the trapped reservoirs below. Do you remember the report of “tar balls” in Florida … then the next day, it was retracted because those tar balls did not come from the Deepwater Horizon? Tar Balls were on the Gulf beaches before man was! These things have always been on Gulf Beaches … granted not in the quantities being encountered today, but they are always there … the gulf naturally “leaks” oil. And the reason the gulf is not covered with this oil is the presence of the oleophilic bacteria. So the disperants literally emulsify the oil into the water. And in so doing, the bacteria grow in numbers because of the bonanza food source for them. The “green haze?” It is bacterial growing under the slick. The fish in the green haze, they are going after the plankton that are eating the bacteria …

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
RE The PC issues, do some things like clean out ALL temporary folders, cache, cookies etc. If on windows then go to start, accessories, system tools, disk clean up. Make sure everything to do with the internet is cleaned up and compress all files. Also clean out files in individual browsers such as firefox and IE...when done, do a hard reboot, which means turn off the PC AND unplug it for about 30 seconds. If I am correct, every time we visit various feed sites, each individual feed has to store cookies and temporary files. Nonetheless, its not something that would hurt your PC. Also a good idea to run anti spyware software (like SpyBot search and destroy). These feeds take up a lot of PC energy and sometimes a good cleaning will help a lot.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Sorry just got out of work...and as usual while the feeds should be at their best during the daytime hours, I see only one feed doing anything worthwhile, or at least trying to. The rest are either off or as usual, staring into the same spots they have been staring at for days. Again the negligence of BP and their monitoring is seriously borderline criminal. Why has no one stepped up to file criminal charges against this company? Why is the Senate and House intentionally stalling all legislation to obtain information about the spill and efforts to stop it and clean it up? Is our government on drugs? Well don't answer that last part.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Actually the tar balls that washed up in FL and Texas were later confirmed to be from the BP spill. Of course we learned that after Universities and independent scientists did the tests. If it were not for those people, we might not even know whats going on at all along the coasts. The universities have been incredibly helpful and have been out there since day one gathering evidence and taking samples and testing them. I prasie the work they are doing and hope they do not stop.

Tar Balls Hit Texas, BP Oil Spill Now Reaches All Gulf States

Gulf oil spill update: BP oil found on Texas beaches, threatens Lake Pontchartrain

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
So it's the lighting on the ROVs in this case. NOT methane or bacteria as previously theorized in regards to the "green" colors on the Skandi ROV(s). Here is a screen shot to show what I mean:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
So it's the lighting on the ROVs in this case. NOT methane or bacteria as previously theorized in regards to the "green" colors on the Skandi ROV(s). Here is a screen shot to show what I mean:

Hmmmm.....so it's the lighting? Did you see my post about the new oil well spurting? It's a totally different thing and shooting oil and gas 20 feet into the air.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

And where are pictures of this? Or is BP going to cover that one up too? How much you want to bet this was the spill everyone else was saying was happening all along?

EDIT: and go figure...google news has crashed.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I KNOW! They were ORDERED to have those feeds going and available to the public! It makes me sick. How can they get away with this? We should BOMBARD BP with emails....but I doubt it would make a difference to them though.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Boat Crashes Into Oil Well, Creating New Spill in Gulf of Mexico

Fox News is being told by the Homeland Security director for Jefferson Parish, La., that a new oil leak has sprung up in the Gulf of Mexico after a boat struck an oil well in the early morning hours on Tuesday.

A tugboat or other workboat collided with the well near Bayou St. Dennis, La., shearing off its valve structure and releasing pressurized natural gas and light oil, DHS official Deano Bonano told Fox News.

Cleanup workers are currently booming off the area and the scene at sea has been taken over by federal agents. The U.S. Coast Guard, Jefferson Parish police and fire officials, as well as Vessels of Opportunity boats have all been dispatched to the scene.

And why didn't federal authorities take over the area of the Deepwater scene? Wasn't that just as much of a crime scene? What a joke. I am ashamed of the US government. They are as much a criminal in the Deepwater disaster as BP is.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

here is video of it .... liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by yigsstarhouse
In response to the comments about the pc shutting down while watching the feeds, that just started happening to me yesterday. I have been watching these feeds for a long time with no problem what so ever. I use firefox and have a pretty kick butt pc. It also happened with a reboot and nothing running except for the feed itself.I find it rather curious as well.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. My pc hasn't shut off but firefox has frozen while I was watching the feeds. I thought it was just me; that I needed an upgrade.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
YET ANOTHER OIL SPILL...........
This time in Michigan....a pipeline broke and spewing oil into the Kalamazoo River....840,000 gallons so far....I'll try to get details. This is starting to get weird. What are the odds???? We have the gulf "spill", then China, now a new one in the gulf, then Michigan....I'm starting to wonder.

top topics

<< 126  127  128    130  131  132 >>

join