It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 126
<< 123  124  125    127  128  129 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
reply to post by StealthyKat

At the moment all I see is a camera view of itself.

Yep...another rov came and then that one turned so it isn't in view! Any idea what that haze could be? And why the seabed is all chopped up looking? Like I said, I live close to it and I am literally sick to my stomach I'm so nervous (the radar is freaking me out too) I'm really scared!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Uh did anyone else just see that massive red/brown blob just pass in front of BOA DEEP C 1? Went too fat for me to get a screen shot.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Uh did anyone else just see that massive red/brown blob just pass in front of BOA DEEP C 1? Went too fat for me to get a screen shot.

NO! How big was it? They cut off boa 2 now!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Just looked like a giant red blob...nearly filled up the whole screen...never seen anything like it before.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Maybe someone got it....I hope...Do you see what is going on towards the bottom of the page where they have what looks like 2 green signs?? All that haze is there along with bubbles and it's pretty hectic.....

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
OMG! Did anyone see the BOP going crazy?? It was shaking and moving all around and there was like a strong current with stuff flying everywhere....I thought it was going to blow up....it was moving all over the place!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Is something blowing up?? If anyone knows what's going on please tell me. It looks like the seabed cracked and there is definitly stuff coming out from it and then it looked like a huge explosion....I am really scared so could someone tell me what's happening?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
Is something blowing up?? If anyone knows what's going on please tell me. It looks like the seabed cracked and there is definitly stuff coming out from it and then it looked like a huge explosion....I am really scared so could someone tell me what's happening?

What feed are you watching? I don't see anything that unusual. Did see a giant red blob float in front of Enterprise. Aside from the leak at the flange...I don't see anything...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

All looks normal here too Kat, relax hun its okay at the moment.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Hey gang,

would it be too much trouble to ask that if you see something happening on a ROV cam that you post the link to which cam you are watching so we can get to it quicker than having to go to our bookmarks and look it up?

thank you!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

What feed are you watching? I don't see anything that unusual. Did see a giant red blob float in front of Enterprise. Aside from the leak at the flange...I don't see anything...

I was watching Morpheus....it's over now except for the green haze. What happened was I was watching the green haze and suddenly the whole screen filled with it, and then bright bursts and rolling green clouds like it exploded. After it was over and the smoke (for lack of a better word) cleared, there was a big crack in the seabed with the green haze coming out. I wanted to see if it was methane, so I looked up "what is the color of methane....it said GREEN!. Is this correct? Here is an exerpt of the article..........

Methane absorbs radiation mainly in the infrared. Which by the way is the reason it's a greenhouse gas. However, unlike water there is also a strong, but localised absorption band around 620 nm (between red and orange). As you can see, the color of methane is GREEN.
So my guess would be that methane snow is white, but with a faint greenish hue.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It's doing it AGAIN! Boa rov 2

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Been watching it Kat, it collected a cable and seems to now be turning on the spot kicking up a load if crap

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

It's doing it AGAIN! Boa rov 2

It was a rope or wire it's dragging along the seafloor. They use them for direction and usually hold onto them as a guide. In this case it was dragged across the seafloor.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Oh the BOA DEEP C 1 just magically stopped working. After how many hours was it perfect and now it freezes or is more than 8 minutes behind? This is a joke. I am seriously fed up with this.

And Skandi 1 is on its way down...but don't expect to see anything but that useless empty sonar screen that's been there for days.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Did you see what I was talking about though? There was what looked like like a violent explosion...and there was red things in it like what you mentioned....if it was the ROVs kicking up dust, it must have really been doing something out of the ordinary.....I hope thats all it is! The crack I was taking about is short and wide....more like a gash....and green cloudy stuff was pouring out of it. I know yall probably think I am a drama queen LOL! I swear I am not....I just live so close to it that stuff like that freaks me out, you know? It really looked scary.....

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
What's going on with Skandi rove 1? I've checked it a couple of times today & see what looks like a radar screen with absolutely nothing in its sights. S-r2 is nothing but color bars. I've not checked the other cameras yet. Honestly I'm wondering what's the point? It's all smoke & mirrors. I promised myself, & friends who can't keep up with what's going on, I won't let this just fade away as so many stories do today. Got to admit, it's frustrating when there is so much going on behind the curtain & so little truthful information coming out of the region. But then again, that is the plan isn't it? Just keep blinding us with BS until we find something else to catch our attention.

Someone mentioned the absurdity of the these people in control of the biggest oil disaster in our history & they can't even keep their own equipment working. I tell you, we can not trust these people with a can opener. I'm not even talking about an electric can opener...I mean the old punch & crank can openers. And yet. Here we are completely at their mercy. And that just pisses me off.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I think for everyone's sake they should take a breather and go outside and get some sunshine.

I know it's important to keep an eye on what's going on down there but being glued to it 24/7 waiting for "something" to happen (like what, exactly?) probably isn't very healthy!

If your finding yourself watching all day and into the night, wake up and jump straight back onto the live feeds for one you might be getting obsessed and two you should probably get a job.

I realize a leaning BOP is probably a sign of wellbore degradation, I know the live feeds aren't as Full HD as everyone would love. I know its easy to get scared or freaked out whenever a bit of silt get's blown around (and the occasional ominous oil blob.... not good.) I know we are being lied to by BP about the situation down below...

But if it really is as bad as you might think it is, seriously go outside and get some sunshine. Have a beer with some mates. Cook a BBQ. Enjoy it while you can!

I'm not flaming this thread or anyone specific by the way, just stating the truth. For your sanity's sake don't get obsessed with these "live feeds", chances are you may not even be watching the right wellbore if Matt Simmons is right.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I just registered (after years of lurking) just so I can discuss the oil spill. I realize less and less people are talking about this when it's of the upmost importance NOW when they think we aren't watching anymore. I value ATS and I know that it's the only place where intelligent people can discuss without all the dummies posting their crap lol. I've been taking screen shots and watching the feeds for a few months now.

Do any of you know what they are up to now? I see "c tube hookup" and "coil" something or other earlier. I knew bp had discussed a static kill before the tropical storm. Then I heard otherwise. I haven't seen any info from the bp press releases on their website either.

I'm surprised they are this busy tonight lol usually they wait until 11 or midnight after america is asleep. I took a screenshot of the round level the other night when the rov came in to check the lean. I'll try to post it. I can't really tell what the lean degrees is but maybe someone here can. I look forward to some intelligent discussions with all of you!

I don't think I can get it to work. Sorry guys I'll try to figure it out.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
We're all on edge. Really, we've seen flames under water..how unnatural is that? We're being stone walled & we know it. I agree about taking a step back, take a deep breath. But then I say come back stronger. I'm not flamming either. In fact I had that very conversation with myself a short while ago.

If this nation has ever been at war we are at war now. The battle is being waged against greed, big oil, corruption at every level & apathy. We may be in the fight of, & for, our lives. I think it would be odd if we weren't a little frightened. For that reason we need to keep calm & clear heads. Yes, go outside, drink a beer, take a moment for yourself because this is clearly going to be very long haul.

top topics

<< 123  124  125    127  128  129 >>

join