It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why arent the chicken little threads closed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I keep seeing thread after thread in this subsection with ALL CAPS and bold statements of total COLLAPSE and FAILURE that keep turning out to be baseless.

Am I wrong in thinking that this is against the ATS rules? Is there no moderation? Do i have to weed through the 90% total, baseless nonsense to find the wonderfully informative, referenced, cited sources on here?

If someone starts a thread saying "The WORLD HAS ENDED" and three days later we're still here, should the thread be re-titled or removed?

If i could ignore more than ten members, this might be easier.

I come to ATS for good info, not wild-eyed speculation from children.

Just wondering.

Thanks.

Edited to add: I have been coming to this subsection after finding some great threads that have given some great info (Thanks jefferybinladen and others who post useful info!). Since then, i find much of this subsection is full of the usual idiots trying desperately to connect this to their own pet-obsessions. And thats fine, but DAMN if i have to wade through all of it to find useful, REAL info.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
not exactly how i would have put it myself..

but i think it needed to be said..

bravo

~meathead

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Because even little chickens can say what they want here.?

Besides it is entertaining.

Most people live horrible lives and need to know the world is about to end constantly in order to cope with their own pathetic tragic lives.

It is good for traffic, especially in a bad economy.

Don't look down on the chicken Little's of the world, they are the tranquilizers for the masses who are secretly hopeful that an end to their suffering will come soon, and they wont have to go alone.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Do i have to weed through the 90% total, baseless nonsense to find the wonderfully informative, referenced, cited sources on here?

Yep.

Have fun mining.

new topics

top topics

join