It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This was just odd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Now I'm not claiming that this was anything other than coincidence....and I'm not saying that there isn't something more to it either.

Along with being a conspiracy therorist, I am a bit of a survalist too. Not hardcore mind you, but I have a "sporting rifle" or two, etc. I also have lot of books and not enough bookcases. As I use to be a preacher, I have a lot of spiritual/religious books and several Bibles. I also have cats.

Last night I went into my office where all these things are and I noticed on the floor a Bible with the barrel of one of my "sporting rifles" folded in it's pages. I figured a cat knocked one or the other down and it took the other item with it.
I picked up the Bible to see the pages that the barrel had book marked. It was Daniel 12. This is the chapter that talks about the "abomination of desolation". This is where the statue of the beast is set up in the temple during the tribulation.

Now, another interesting thing about this, at least for me, is this; I use to be very, very spiritual and this particular Bible was one from my childhood that I have not opened and read in a very long time. It was like it was taking me back to a more innocent time.

I am not in the ministry anymore, I'm not even a devout Christian, but I have always felt that I have a last days ministry somehow.

This whole chapter of Daniel talks about the endtimes. It was just really odd. It was like all the things that I am interested in came together at that moment.

Seeashrink

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

Perhaps the book was left open to where you lost you faith, in the book.

Coincidence? Could be. A message for you? Could be.

I think the message is for you alone to determine.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Hmm, how interesting!

You start by saying you don't claim it was, or was not a coincidence. That is quite a good skeptical way to start off a thread like this!

The 'end times' seem to be 'happening' for the last many thousands of years, stated by many different people. I do not particularly see how your case would stand out any differently. I guess your case could be different because of HOW you discovered it.

In my own, honest opinion, I do not have a belief in any God, so I cannot state the validity or 'divine intervention' in which this was shown to you. I can only say that it is quite an interesting coincidence!

If any other things like this happen to you, I would love to hear about it!

Kind regards~

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
No such thing as predistination in my life...
But there is purpose.
A plan can have faults, and can fail...but a purpose has goals that will be achieved, and can overcome all obstacles.

That being said...everything happens for a reason.
Your guess of the cats could be the reason in this instance.
A message you might be in the best position to understand, could be another.

Either way...I'd like to hear more

Two quesitons
What used to be your take on Daniel 12?

What is your take now?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

I don't know what my position on Daniel 12 is right now or use to be. I wish that I could give some really impressive answer. I did most of my studying on eschatology in the NT which was probably a mistake on my part.
It's seems to me that the major and minor books of the prophets had a lot of double meanings in them. It's often been said that the USA is not in the Bible, but it is hard to read some of the passages without thinking of the US. I know a lot of folks think that we are modern Babylon....I just don't know.
Having said that I believe the Bible and I believe the writings of Daniel, Ezekial, Hosea, Amos, etc, will come true.
Seeashrink

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
My first thought was the statue of Anubis being installed at the Denver airport.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
so you just have rifles sitting out around the place eh?
not even in a cabinet, case or closet.

what?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose

what?

The so called "christian" with HIS so called "faith in the bible"... also does have "faith" in beliving that he would "be protected" with the rifles.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I can dig that man....Prophecy is only clear in hindsight right....and most prophecies have at least a double application.

Funny thing though completely unrelated...Obama's name is in the bible...book of Judges ch 4...Barak (also mentioned in Hebrews 11:32)
Not that it has anything to do with anything...its just a funny...unless some chick named Deborah asks for his help to fight for Israel...then uh that'd be scary.

edit'd spelling

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Xcouncil=wisdom]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

No kids, just me and the wife. All my grandchildren live in other states. No biggie.
seeashrink

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by gordonwest

what?

The so called "christian" with HIS so called "faith in the bible"... also does have "faith" in beliving that he would "be protected" with the rifles.

Hmmmm...off topic, but how do you figure this is a problem. Am I not expected to take care of my family. Obviously, at least some of the desciples carried weapons. When the guard in the garden got his ear cut off, it wasn't with a fingernail file or a fish hook....it was with a sword.
So why does my having a gun contradict my faith? I'm not doing anything illegal, so I am obeying the laws of the land. I'm also a cop, should I not carry a gun on duty and smote people with a 20 lb Bible. Whats your point? I mean....get serious.
Seeshrink
Edit to say: If you read the post, I said that I was not a devout Christian..as a matter of fact, I'd say that I am a pathetic Christian. Having said that I want you to know that God has not moved, I have. He is right where I left him....now...lets get back on topic shall we?

[edit on 26-6-2010 by seeashrink]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Although Im not religious(I am spiritual in a non traditional way), I do think that was a personal sign and probably has more meaning to you than us in general. But if it is the end times, then so be it, Im ready.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by CREAM]

[edit on 26-6-2010 by CREAM]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

Agreed, if it had a meaning at all, it was for me. I was not trying to imply that it was a sign of the end. However, I do believe that those are all around us.
seeshrink

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   

what?

Where else are you supposed to keep your weapons? Do you not need them for protection and thus close by, loaded and unlocked? Responsible people should be able to keep their weapons wherever they please. Now, obviously if you have small children or something, that should be taken into account, however it should be up to the individual to make that decision. A man's weapon is just like his manly body-part, no one should be able to tell him what to do with and where to put it, as long as he isn't forcing it upon anyone.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

i thought it was more like she reminded him of what he was to do, and then he asked her to go first.

he asked her to help him do his job! to lead him into fighting his own battle.

that's weird. especially if, as you say, it comes true.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

i've been thinking about that phrase "abomination of desolation" a lot lately.

the word translated abomination is, according to Strong's concordance:

H8251
שׁקּץ שׁקּוּץ
shiqqûts shiqqûts
shik-koots', shik-koots'
From H8262; disgusting, that is, filthy; especially idolatrous or (concretely) an idol: - abominable filth (idol, -ation), detestable (thing).

nothing new there.
but look at the word from which that one is derived:

H8262
שׁקץ
shâqats
shaw-kats'
A primitive root; to be filthy, that is, (intensively) to loathe, pollute: - abhor, make abominable, have in abomination, detest, X utterly.

key word in that one is:

pollute

then we have "that maketh desolate" and desolate is:

H8074
שׁמם
shâmêm
shaw-mame'
A primitive root; to stun (or intransitively grow numb), that is, devastate or (figuratively) stupefy (both usually in a passive sense): - make amazed, be astonied, (be an) astonish (-ment), (be, bring into, unto, lay, lie, make) desolate (-ion, places), be destitute, destroy (self), (lay, lie, make) waste, wonder.

key term there is:

make waste

to me, it might mean the atrocity that has taken place in the "Gulf of British Petroleum" (formerly known as the Gulf of Mexico).

:shk:
it is definitely both an abomination as well as a desolation!

so why did that come up in your world?
maybe because your ATS user-name is sort of a sign, too
SEA SHRINK

----

just some thoughts...

[edit on 6/27/2010 by queenannie38]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Thank you airspoon, I couldn't have said it better

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

The name is actually see a shrink...seeashrink. I created it when I was trying to go back to school to become a counselor. I really don't think that I am any more or less crazy than anyone else.
Getting back to your comments; Thats an interesting analogy that you have drawn. I could be wrong, but I don't recall the Bible referring to the earth as a temple, only as God's foot stool. But it is still interesting. Like another poster and I discussed earlier, there are often double meanings to prophecies.
Seeashrink

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

hey....stay focused, wouldja?!!...ya rookie...imagine being the person that's married to someone like you!

new topics

top topics

join