It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Armada of U.S. and Israeli Warships Head for Iran

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by harpsounds

The fifth fleet has all ways been in that area so this isnt unusual.
The Fifth Fleet maintains a visible and powerful force to counter and deter threats to the Arabian [Persian] Gulf area. All this is is normal troop deployment a change out in aircraft carriers. So id have to say your right this isnt the attack. when you see the 6th fleet move through the suez then we have something going on .

[edit on 6/27/10 by dragonridr]

This IS a build up, here is the 3rd carrier:

www.debka.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
[edit on 28-6-2010 by whywhynot]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by randel

Yes, I agree. War is stupid. But just like Government, it is a necessary evil. People have the right to defend themselves....take away that right and the sheep will be slaughtered.

I don't think that we are that far apart....we just disagree on strategy.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
"Turkey has refused permission for an Israeli military plane to enter its airspace, providing another sign of the rift between the two countries"

www.ft.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
ASPEN, Colo. — "Adm. Mike Mullen says he believes Iran will continue to pursue nuclear weapons, even if sanctions against the country are increased".

www.google.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

Turkey will change its mind once the SHTF.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The time has come.

They will combine it to coincide with the Hurricanes.

Just watch

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by whywhynot
reply to post by freetree64

Turkey will change its mind once the SHTF.

What "TSHTF" may look like.

-Edrick

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Edrick]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
This can't be a good thing.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
many say it is defence but i see it as preemptive.

Defense comes after the strike, preemptive is what Hitler did too. I can't see the good in that.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The USS Nassau is a pawn. It isn't a very large carrier, in fact it's considered an "amphibious assault ship". Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want it showing up at my front door step, but I'm just saying, if you were going to sacrifice a carrier to start WW3, this is the ship you would give to the gods of war.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
The current administration is trying way too hard to get us out of our current conflicts to even think of starting another. They'd rather have tea and try to bribe Iran than get into a shooting war with them. Besides, with the current ops tempo, we'd be lucky to fight Bermuda to a draw. BRAC, Force Shaping, Drawdowns, decreased Defense spending have all left us extremely vulnerable. No False Flag...we're spread way too thin for a shooting war right now. Relax.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Apologies if already posted a map below shows some of the naval movements over the past few weeks.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
The USS Nassau is a pawn. It isn't a very large carrier, in fact it's considered an "amphibious assault ship". Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want it showing up at my front door step, but I'm just saying, if you were going to sacrifice a carrier to start WW3, this is the ship you would give to the gods of war.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by harrytuttle]

Your right its not a carrier so this is misleading saying it is. Also if they were going to sacrifice a carrier i pick theCVN-69 Dwight D Eisenhower scheduled to be decommissioned this year CVN-77 George H.W. Bush is going through its final checks for its maiden voyage to replace it.

If i were betting i would say until this carrier finished weapons tests and deployed there wont be an attack. With its weapons systems and defense capabilities its the only aircraft carrier id want within striking distance of Iran's air force.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
So, are there still two carriers and a smaller Marines carrier in the region? Or did the Eisenhower leave as planned? What's the state of play - I've been out of the loop for a few days.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join