It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Croc Hunter Steve Irwin in Trouble Again

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrdependable
This is just Tall Poppy Syndrome at its finest. For those that don't know what this is it is a syndrome particularly rampant in Australia. See us Aussies love an underdog and will root for them and support them all the way. But when an underdog becomes successful look out because we love to bring them down just as fast. We can't stand to see people working hard and doing famously well and will use anything at all to bring them down. It happens all the time in Australia.

This reminds me of an old story about Irish.

My Granny told me this:

If two men, one English and one Irish,are standing on a hillside looking up at a great mansion on top. The English will say " Well hasn't he done well for himself, someday I would like to own a house as beautiful as that."
And the Irish would say " Damn that bugger, someday I will watch as his fine mansion burns to the ground."

This was the tale I was told, I have nothing against the fine Irish.

I love 'em!

It is amazing to me that everyone wants to see successful people fail. It isn't just Ausies or Irish, it's here in America too. Look at Martha Stewart.

We watch reality TV just so we can watch people get hurt. It's crazy man.

Nutzo

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

CROCODILE hunter Steve Irwin's wildlife antics have got him in deep water again - this time after taking a dip in the Antarctic with two giant Humpback whales.

But the extrovert TV celebrity has dismissed the latest furore, saying he was just "bobbing around" in the ocean and the whales went to him.

He also said he was never riding a whale, and anyone who did so should "get the cane".

"I've got big enemies. My enemies are huge. I've got the biggest enemies in the world,"

I don't think he's calling the whales his enemies...

I recently saw the The Crocodile Hunter full-feature movie (acting and a plot and all that) and it's all about the cia chasing steve and his wife around. Lot's of jabs at what a lot of people consider corrupt "government ineptitude."

I'm starting to think that in real life mr irwin was shaping up to be a major threat to his biggest enemies, and someone took him out and sullied his good name in the process (after a string of attempted character-assassinations)

Remember all the jokes about how the crocodile hunter got killed by a lowly stingray?
Remember how we were told the footage of his death exists, but that they're never going to release it?
I'd never even thought it was possible for a stingray to kill someone, but not long after the story of his death broke, there was another report of a woman dying from a stingray that apparently jumped into the boat and stabbed her in the heart. I always thought that was suspicious.

Thoughts?

Someone want to tell me why the size of my text is all screwy tonight? maybe the old thread?
edit on 13-2-2011 by alaskan because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/13/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

Well you go and get stabbed in the heart and yank the barb out and see how well you do.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

I recall the 1st time I saw Irwin, on the telescreen. I saw a guy falling down a cliff in the Outback, or somewhere arid and orange colored, and I thought 'what the frack?'

It was Irwin chasing a boar. When he finally got to the bottom of the cliff he wrestled the animal into submission so we could watch him interact with it. I thought that someday this would backfire. Strange how this thread was ignored throughout since his death. Mainly I wanted to see if my script comes out screwy. btw, thanks for the links ^

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
DAMN! this post goes back too 2004! thats one hell of a late message to post!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Well you go and get stabbed in the heart and yank the barb out and see how well you do.

Ask anyone who's tried to do their own piercings - It takes a surprising amount of force to actually poke through your skin, and it's hard to picture an angle that would allow a stingray to back its barb through his skin, past his ribcage, and into his heart.

Was Steve hugging the thing? Belly-flopping onto it? They don't just shoot their stingers out like projectiles, do they?
edit on 13-2-2011 by alaskan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I just woke up from a hell of a dream! I dreamed I was living several years into the future, and awoke thinking it was year 2011! That was wild!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn

Lol, you and me both! Sure glad I'm back in 2004, now I can finally get that MobilePro 900c!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join