It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Expert comes forth: 9/11 Bldg 7 downed with explosives

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
At times when the true facts can not be ascertained or are argued strongly on both sides the testimony of an expert brings a lot of clarity.

We all know experts - you know those people who spend every waking moment studying the same subject, work in the field, teach others, and make their livelihood pursuing perfect knowledge of that one love; Thomas Sullivan is this kind of expert.

Tom Sullivan has always loved demolition. He was an independant photographer of controlled destruction sites just so he could be close, he was familiar with the Loizeauxs family (Founders of CDI Corporation demolition experts) since high school and went on to work full-time for them placing "cutter charge" explosives, doing photography, and performing marketing for the industry.
[proof of his employment is covered in the article but per Article Note 2 Sullivan asked his CDI badge not be copied so it's not being included here; please feel free to see the picture in the link.]

[Newspaper] Sullivan noted for his significant contribution in the controlled implosion of the Seattle King Dome.

Much of the information in this thread is from the AE911truth.org article Explosive Evidence at WTC Cited by Former CDI Employee. Sullivan wants to be clear that he speaks for himself and not CDI Corporation ("I do not in anyway represent CDI and what I have to say is based on my own experience and training.")

CDI (founded in 1950, public in 1967) is truly the founder of the controlled demolition industry and, as Sullivan says, "There is no school that will teach you this, just hands on hard work" and he did his share! Working sunrise to sunset setting charges, taking pictures, and traveling around the world teaching people the art of Controlled Demolition (CD). If there's a person to ask about a controlled demolition it's Tom Sullivan.

Sullivan watched the news on 9/11, like most us did, and his first thought was "that the destruction of World Trade Center Building 7 on 9/11 was a classic controlled implosion."

He went on to say it wouldn't be a problem [to implode a building like that] and has done many himself; "a team of expert loaders would have hidden access to the core columns and beams. The rest can be accomplished with just the right kind of explosives for the job. Thermite can be used as well."

Thermite self-consuming cutter charges have been around since the 1980s (patented in 1984 according to AE911Truth article). Remote detonators are simple to use and can easily be seen in most action films. The thermite detonators are used by the military or for high-budget implosions/explosions but are not normally used for demolition due to the higher cost to get the same result.

The article covered a few questions concerning the possibility of a controlled implosion of Building 7. Wouldn't windows be blown out for blocks due to the large, and loud, explosion? Sullivan says "with any implosion there is never just one big explosion but rather waves of smaller explosions -- not unlike the percussion section in a symphony" he also states "we are not talking about setting off a bomb here. The amount and type of explosives is an art and collateral damage can often be completely avoided."

We asked Tom Sullivan,THE expert, to give his statement on how World Trade Center Building 7 fell... "I knew it was an explosive event as soon as I saw it, there was no question in my mind... I mean, come on, it was complete destruction. I've seen buildings fall like that for years."

This from a man who has spent his life watching, photographing, causing, teaching, and living the art of controlled demolition.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Excellent Post S&F !

The other argument is the Pentagon. You could not have hit it with a missile, let alone a 747 without a military transponder. Or without someone shutting down the defense system.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
star and flag, this is pretty damn concrete. This poor guy will end up hanged in his garage by steel wire within the next 14 months now probably, calling it a suicide. or some crazy bogus stuff. This guy seems pretty credible, always thought it was controlled myself, and Im not even close to being an expert................

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

I'm sure we have plenty of "experts" here on ATS just aching to debunk this guy! LOL

stay tuned...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by zzombie
Excellent Post S&F !

The other argument is the Pentagon. You could not have hit it with a missile, let alone a 747 without a military transponder. Or without someone shutting down the defense system.

Since you mentioned it, and to save us not going too far off topic - I have a thread about the Pentagon "attack" here.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
reply to post by gunshooter

I'm sure we have plenty of "experts" here on ATS just aching to debunk this guy! LOL

stay tuned...

S&F!
An observation...

Today is Saturday. I suppose the debunkers are not on payroll during the week-end.

Budget cuts?

Excellent OP. Off to read and further educate myself of the article.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
they're doing background checks on this guy. they'll be back once they find out which club he was in in high school or some such.

here's some more fuel for the fire. take a look at these photos from hiroshima. i know these pictures don't really prove anything because they're different incidents but i think the point is pretty clear.

Link - Photos / Story

approx 700 out of 1700 people actually survived this. they were able to walk out in some cases.

ferro-concrete building near teh hypocenter. this is a school and some children survived even being so close to the blast.

granted, lots of buildings were completely destroyed. just saying, with photos like these it makes it MUCH harder to swallow that building 7 could completely collapse because teh architects decided to install a bomb in teh basement capable of leveling the place.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

According to Stacy Loizeaux at Controlled Demolition, Inc, the only work mr. Sullivan ever did for them, was as a photographer. Hell, I'm fairly sure that even his profile over at AE911Truth has been edited recently to include "explosives loader" as profession, because when he first came out 2 weeks ago, his profile listed him only as a photographer.

In any case, it boils down to "It looks like a controlled demolition", and it's hardly the first time we've ever heard that

[edit on 26-6-2010 by roboe]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by roboe

According to Stacy Loizeaux at Controlled Demolition, Inc, the only work mr. Sullivan ever did for them, was as a photographer.

Funny... CDI was never called that name... the CDI came from Comprehensive Designers Inc which the company gave up in 1973.
(source)

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Stop the presses! Some guy said it looks like a demolition! Ergo it MUST BE A DEMOLITION!

Wow, and what evidence does he produce to back it up? Oh, he worked on demolitions, and just by looking, he "knows" it was a demolition. Yeah....... how is it that when someone who is counter to your beliefs says something with evidence that counters your beliefs, you must scrutinize every single molecule, letter, and punctuation mark of that person, but you will BLINDLY believe any shmuck that says virtually anything you believe? I mean wow.

If I ONCE, just once, saw the same kind of scrutiny levels done to "evidence" brought forward by the TM sites, as is usually done to anything brought up to counter the TM, then 99.99% of this TM garbage would have been thrown out long ago.

So when can we expect to see the TM to start scrutinizing its own sources as diligently as they do to the debunkers?

[edit to add]

Wait a minute, what was his job? A photographer????
www2.ae911truth.org...

AHH! So a photographer is your "expert" demolition guy?

Epic photographic FAIL!

Thermo, see what happens when you don't scrutinize your own sources? You used a PHOTOGRAPHER as a top expert on demolition? Had you only used the same amount of scrutiny and microanalysis as you folks do to the deunkers..........

Oh lordy lordy!

[edit on 6/26/2010 by GenRadek]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
By the way, I watch cars drive by my house. So that makes me a top expert car mechanic!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

The article covered a few questions concerning the possibility of a controlled implosion of Building 7. Wouldn't windows be blown out for blocks due to the large, and loud, explosion? Sullivan says "with any implosion there is never just one big explosion but rather waves of smaller explosions -- not unlike the percussion section in a symphony" he also states "we are not talking about setting off a bomb here. The amount and type of explosives is an art and collateral damage can often be completely avoided."

As for the windows you outlined

Remember back to a seminar given by FDNY chief officers on building collapse

One of things cited in a building becoming unstable is the failure of the windows

Excerpts from Failure analysis of WTC 7 by FDNY Battaion Chief Arthur
Scheuerman

Full article

www.nistreview.org...

Read the article .......

This initial column failure was evidenced by the kinking and sinking of the east penthouse into the building’s roof and the simultaneous breaking of the windows on the east side of the north wall as it was pulled in by the suspended floors.

The breaking of the widows on the east side of the north face simultaneously with the buckling of the roof shed was evidence
of this tension as the north wall was pulled and leaned in

So who do I believe? FDNY Chief officers with years of experience or
some conspiracy loons on the internet....

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
That's a great post OP! There's a real brave man.

Most realistic, logical folks already know that bldg 7 was a complete controlled demolition and anyone that asks "where's your proof" can seriously shove that demand up their arse.

I would trust Tom Sullivan's assesment anyday before I would the nameless,

faceless posters that refute, the irrefutable which is just that, those buildings

were controlled demolitions.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by thedman

boy that chief sure knows his stuff.

the fact that the sun's rays strike the earth indicates that the sun emits rays.

since we can see the peanut butter mixed with the jelly we can conclude that this is a pb&j sandwich.

are you quoting a police chief or john madden? sounds about the same to me.

--

ok folks, if he's able to get that ball tucked into his arms are make good yardage up field he just may be able to advance his team one step closer to the goaline!

CAPITAL!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by thedman

Also according to your source, dman...

With a serious large area fire on the 12th floor, the two foot wide, long-span steel beams on the 13th floor, depending on the amount of fireproofing insulation installed, could have expanded and bowed, sagged or buckled downward and possibly twisted out or flopped over from the uncontrolled fire.

so the "expert" you'd rather believe says it "could have expanded and bowed, sagged or buckled downward and possibly twisted out or flopped over"

Tom Sullivan is a life-long expert in demolition. No idea why you're refering to him as a "conspiracy loon" but you obviously have your reasons for sticking to the original story regardless of what information is available.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

what is TM and TM site??

Apparently you spend more time in the debunking field than I do - forgive my ignorance of the debunk industry slang but I'm pretty sure you're NOT talking about Transcendental Meditation.

Just a small critique of your debunking skill...

you're doing ok on the discrediting source using extraneous info but you completely forgot to mis-quote me and made almost no attempt to make me feel bad. Better get back to the book.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by thedman

Hello,

"So who do I believe? FDNY Chief officers with years of experience or
some conspiracy loons on the internet...."

Like a sore thumb.

Can't you guys bring any comprehensible links into your discussions? The OS and NIST have no clout when presenting hard evidence beyond a shadow of a doubt. IMO

You realize that all of science's foundation rests upon theories right? Theories become facts after proven in laboratory experiments.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek
By the way, I watch cars drive by my house. So that makes me a top expert car mechanic!

Hello,

This is off topic, forgive me.

I couldn't figure out why my car kept pulling to one side whenever I tried to drive straight. Plus it drove really bumpy. Then a nice person pointed to my tire and said it was flat. I put a new tire on it and now it drives just fine. Go figure!

[edit on (6/27/1010 by loveguy]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

I would like Mr Sullivan to comment on the lack of conspicuous explosive flashes and sound and make suggestions on what could have been behind this obvious attempt at concealing the true nature of the controlled demolition.

That would really make the debunkers reel another 18 miles back.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
You can tell TPTB realy don't want another investigation even when half the world belives this was an inside job.

i wonder why they don't try to clear their names or are they so powerfull that they don't need to.

Originally posted by GenRadek

No it does not but we all know what a car crash looks like without being experts and clearly the buildings were imploded.

You don't learn physics from computer games

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join