It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr David Kelly: The damning new evidence that points to a cover-up by Tony Blair's government

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Dr David Kelly: The damning new evidence that points to a cover-up by Tony Blair's government

www.dailymail.co .uk

The official story of Dr David Kelly is that he took his own life in an Oxfordshire wood by overdosing on painkillers and cutting his left wrist with a pruning knife.

He was said to be devastated after being unmasked as the source of the BBC’s claim that the Government had ‘sexed up’ the case for war in Iraq.

A subsequent official inquiry led by Lord Hutton into the circumstances leading to the death came to the unequivocal conclusion that Kelly committed suicide.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 6/26/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
It is time that the UK's foremost authority on weapons of mass destruction be laid to rest in peace. The cover-up cannot continue.

Has the former Labour government got blood on its hands? One thing is for sure, there are many unanswered questions revolving around the death of David Kelly.

Many doctors and even parliamentarians are questioning the mysterious death of David Kelly. The new UK coalition is hinting at a review of the case and this could lead to some very serious questions being asked of a former prime minister and his aids.

www.dailymail.co .uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit: Typos

[edit on 26-6-2010 by LarryLove]

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 6/26/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

Our new revelations include the ambiguous nature of the wording on Dr Kelly’s death certificate; the existence of an anonymous letter which says his colleagues were warned to stay away from his funeral; and an extraordinary claim that the wallpaper at Dr Kelly’s home was stripped by police in the hours after he was reported missing - but before his body was found. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Christ - coupled with the 70-year gagging order, an admission of guilt over a Governmental killing? I've personally sat firmly on the fence with this case, with Dr. Kelly being bullied and incredibly stressed anything is possible. Not many people could deal with such stress! Yet, according to Kelly, there were 'dark forces at work'.

However, an entire war machine versus a weapons expert saying the said war (yet to be fought) would be completely without foundation.

Any such irregularity would inevitably add to the pressure to reopen the case. Indeed, earlier this month it was revealed that Justice Secretary Ken Clarke and Attorney General Dominic Grieve, who have the power to undo Hutton’s 70-year gagging order and demand a coroner’s inquest into Dr Kelly’s death, are poised to re-open the case. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

The only acceptable outcome here is the trial of Lord Hutton for perverting the course of justice, and the arrest of Tony Blair for waging an aggressive war coupled with crimes against humanity in the Middle East.

May the truth come out and those who are directly or indirectly responsible pay their dues. Tens of thousands have paid with their lives!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The UK seems to be slow but steady in investigating incidents like this one. Hope something comes of it.

As I recall, this was a very big story and he was about to prove how Bush and Blair lied about WMD in Iraq.

Didn't the BBC cover this in great depth at one point?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Breifne

Not to sound trite, but for his families sake do I hope that the truth is told. It is almost like they are rubbing our noses in it by putting a 70-year gagging order on documentation that could reveal the truth.

For the sake of the tens of thousands dead, we need to know why?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
The UK seems to be slow but steady in investigating incidents like this one. Hope something comes of it.

As I recall, this was a very big story and he was about to prove how Bush and Blair lied about WMD in Iraq.

Didn't the BBC cover this in great depth at one point?

He was considered one of the world's foremost experts on weapons of mass destruction. He questioned the validity of the intelligence dossier that took the UK to war and probably paid with his life.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Anyone know if it's normal for coroner's reports to be sealed for more than half a century?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

In this case, it is not normal.

Kelly knew the UK public was being lied to and wanted to expose the sham.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Kelly was the butt of the gravest of political hazards - telling the truth!

The system needs changed from the top down.

Lets see if this 'new' Government (yawn) sees to it, as promised!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Breifne

I think the truth would destroy too many people. Blair would really have blood on his hands even if he didn't sanction the murder of Kelly.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
This is what I would call on "open" conspiracy, that is to say that Dr Kelly was murdered by elements under the control of TPTB. Dr Kelly knew the truth behind the claims made by TPTB about Saddam and the WMDs and was prepared to expose the lies.

So, he was assassinated.

Now the mechanisms of the state come into play, the shadowy figures in government, they protect the guilty, persecute the curious, threaten those with genuine knowledge, and create enough chaos, conspiracy, and obfuscation that the truth can never be chanced upon by anyone.

All the genuine evidence will have been destroyed, fake evidence left in it's place. The records are sealed for 70 years, and the new government won't do anything about it, as "it's not in the public interest" or some other patronising statement.

Anyone close to the reality of what happened won't speak out, they don't want to be next, anyone with knowledge of the medical facts (like the doctors who want to expose the cover-up) will be belittled and have threatened with losing the jobs and/or lives, and the rest of us? Well, we're just conspiracy nuts who are stirring the pot.

That's why I call it an "open" conspiracy, the case for the suicide isn't backed by the evidence, the "oddness" of how the case has been conducted doesn't sit with established procedures, the records have been sealed for 70 years, and so on. Something wrong has taken place, it's in plain open view, but TPTB will get away with it because we're powerless to do anything about it, and those who could expose the truth are those with the most to fear or to lose. The truth will never be known!

What happened to Dr Kelly was criminal, but sadly those responsible will never be brought to trial, the true facts will never surface, and young men and women of the coalition forces, the people of Iraq, will continue to suffer and die in this utter abortion of a situation brought about by TPTB and their desire to make us all slaves and keep them safe and sound in their well protected ivory towers.

[edit on 26/6/1010 by Rob37n]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I remember hearing about his death on the news. I knew straight away he was executed; how did I know? I have a brain and use it!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I particularly like this comment at the bottom from someone who has researched this further:

"And nothing here about the announcement of his death by the police (later denied) BEFORE he was "found" dead. (Oops) And nothing about a powerful secret services radio signals post set up in Dr Kelly's garden - again, before he was found dead. It was a radio signal that couldn't be intercepted. Why was this needed? And why were the ONLY messages known to be sent from it, to Tony Blair updating him on events, while he was in his government plane, on an overseas mission? And nothing about a female colleague of Dr Kelly's who was mysteriously found dead, having "jumped" through her bedroom window, apparently having been warned off. She called someone to say if she was found dead to report her fears. That person has also been shut up."

Very interesting indeed.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I found that article very interesting however there is nothing new in it, all of this info is in the book “The strange Death of Dr. David Kelly” by Norman Baker MP.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

It is an interesting book and very well researched I thought. The Kelly case fascinates me. A 70-year gagging order on documentation pertaining to his death. Really makes you wonder what happened and why?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I thought it was really good until the end where he basically says “oh no we British would never do that so it was the Iraqis”.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

But I guess Kelly was a thorn in war machine's side. I wonder who really has blood on their hands and whether the new government will allow the truth to be told. We might see Blair and his goons running scared. We can only hope.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

If it was done i think it would have been the work of the Increment of Group 13 (assuming they exist). I got the feeling when reading that book that there was a change the author may have been forced to reach a conclusion that was wrong by TPTB. The truth will never come out it, even with the new gov it would compromise to many intelligence assets.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

And in the meanwhile, Blair is running around the Middle East acting as an ambassador for Europe. Now there's some serious irony. I tell you, that guy has got an over-inflated sense of importance.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The name of the police investigation into this was 'operation mason' I believe. I don't live far from the witchcraft tree circle that his body was found in and earlier this year I went to have a snoop, but it's very secluded and I failed to find it. By wierd chance, the next day I discovered a stone circle with deformed trees, about twenty miles from that spot atop another hill.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join