It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel 'Plots Tehran Raid'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Israel 'Plots Tehran Raid'

www.gulf-daily-news.com

MANAMA: Israel is massing warplanes in the Caucasus for an attack on Iran, it was revealed yesterday.

Preparations are underway to launch the military attack from Azerbaijan and Georgia, reports our sister paper Akhbar Al Khaleej, quoting military sources.

Israel was, in fact, training pilots in Turkey to launch the strike and was smuggling planes into Georgia using Turkish airspace, they said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Bad news from Gulf Daily - something we have seen here from ATS too, new info is confifmations to previous allegations...

"Meanwhile, Iran's Press TV reported that a very large contingent of US ground forces had massed in Azerbaijan, near the Iranian border. The independent Azerbaijani news website Trend confirmed the report."

I think G-20 plays to US/Israeli hands now. I would say like Forbes already said in their headline: "There Will Be War"

Every war is always different - this will be bloody and extreme one when it breaks up. My pray goes with Iranian people at this moment and I see just one aggressor in the region - and that is not Persia.

www.gulf-daily-news.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I see this is related news - Iran dont want to play cards to Israeli hands in tense times - but show them as they are... Victims of hegemony banksters regimes.

Iran Calls Off Gaza Flotilla over 'Israeli Threats'

Organizers of an Iranian flotilla to Gaza announced Thursday that they would not set sail due to “Israeli threats.” The flotilla was to launch on Sunday. Two Iranian ships said they planned to challenge Israel at sea with the help of volunteer marines. Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad had expressed hope that the marines would “teach Israelis a lesson.”

www.israelnationalnews.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
What puzzles me about the first article is, Israel and Turkey are supposefly squabbling right now. Why would Turkey allow the use of its airspace?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
They have been saying this for years.

They do not know, fact where the stuff is, and this is why it has not been done yet.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Must read articles related - including lots of facts from growing threats:

Tehran declares State of Alert on its Western Border: Iran-US-Israel Drama goes into Act II
www.globalresearch.ca...

Militarization of the Caucasus: Tehran Says it will Oppose Deployment of American Forces in Karabakh close to Iran Border
www.globalresearch.ca...

[edit on 26-6-2010 by JanusFIN]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Rut roh...

Anyone in here who might be interested in troop movement in the Middle East over the past two weeks (yep looks like they're gearing up for something) might be interested in peeping this topic...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Cap between Turkey politics and its army is huge - Right hand doesnt know what left one is doing - I believe its very possible that Turkish army is still continuing secret operations with Israel and Turkish politicians doesnt know anything about it.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
What puzzles me about the first article is, Israel and Turkey are supposefly squabbling right now. Why would Turkey allow the use of its airspace?

perhaps this gives turkey a fallback position. They can say to the other middle eastern countries that they did not aid Israel in this attack while letting them in the back door.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Not a war. A raid.

It's an old strategy. Used in Germany and black ops mission sin Russia.

Dark truth to it? If no one gets captured, you cannot technically blame another nation, as there is no proof to it.

Difference? Iran won't give a crap.

Worse? Iran cannot successfully invade any nation because it is boxed in with US allies and the US itself. That is why they are upset.

The only way to win? If the US and Israel do not invade. Or more accurately, if the US does not invade (lol, Israel invading?) then nothing will change. Iran will attack, the US will respond.

If the US invades, they win. If they invade, they lose. because Iran is a cultural heat of the region. You can't just walk into a free nation with thousands of years of dominate history in the region and expect victory. You get a God-awful long war to nowhere. 20 years at minimum.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
You talking about regime change or air strikes targeting their nuclear infrastructure? Two totally different things. In ALL of the "Iran war" talk of the last 4 years i havent once heard anyone mention regime change was done like it was with Iraq and Afghanistan.

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by JanusFIN

Not a war. A raid.

It's an old strategy. Used in Germany and black ops mission sin Russia.

Dark truth to it? If no one gets captured, you cannot technically blame another nation, as there is no proof to it.

Difference? Iran won't give a crap.

Worse? Iran cannot successfully invade any nation because it is boxed in with US allies and the US itself. That is why they are upset.

The only way to win? If the US and Israel do not invade. Or more accurately, if the US does not invade (lol, Israel invading?) then nothing will change. Iran will attack, the US will respond.

If the US invades, they win. If they invade, they lose. because Iran is a cultural heat of the region. You can't just walk into a free nation with thousands of years of dominate history in the region and expect victory. You get a God-awful long war to nowhere. 20 years at minimum.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Why would you regime change a fake democracy? The answer should be obvious. However, despite this, no, not regime change. Just strike and GTFO. You do not need to change the regime. All you have to do is prove that you CAN stop aggression at your will. Once a target knows you are in control, they wither follow along, resist, lose, then follow along, or do something stupid, in which case their people take care of it.

Such is dangerous though, For a successful strike without invasion, and a successful defense against a counter attack in the form of an invasion could cause Iran to become like North Korea: cut itself off from the world for a century.

This is not desired. So basically, unfortunately, you'd have to treat them like children. Attack and then wait till they stop fussing. Then talk to them on why it happened. Sorry to say, but that would work best. Maximum casualties? Maybe a few hundred Americans. Unfortunately, many thousands if Iran choses to invade.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Anything is possible. Turkey and Israel have a long track record of good relations. Turkey was the first Muslim country to recognize the state of Israel.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
i know i was on to something...didnt know what it was...ffs...they used the flotilla LIVE SHOW just to not put eyes on this #..

Another False Flag than

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This reminds me of 03-20-03 when we attacked Iraq. But we had quite a few inspectors looking all over the country of Iraq for WMD, but none were found. Why can't they just send in a bunch of inspectors to find what they think is being hidden before they start a war. Or is there another reason for attacking them.

Then I was thinking, Iran says it needs electricity so they are building nuke reactors, why can't they build oil refineries too so they don't need nuclear power?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Whats up Lucidity.

Another story coming out of the M.E. about troop/planes being built up in Azerbaijan.

Does sound rather ominous, doesn't it.

U.S. also has forward deployed all of their Special Ops subs for the first time ever.

Pawn to King's rook 4, I dont even know if that makes sense!

But the Chess moves are mounting.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Few latest Iranian news concerning coming events - war:

Iran 'to hit back at ship inspection'

The Chairman of the Islamic Republic of Iran Shipping Lines (IRISL), Mohammad Hossein Dajmar, says Tehran will retaliate if its cargo ships come under inspection.

"To protect its national interests, Iran would be sure to use its legal rights to retaliate if any Iranian ships are inspected," Dajmar said in an interview with IRNA on Sunday.

"According to numerous international rules, all countries have the right to protect their waters," he said, arguing further that Iran "can inspect suspicious ships to confront those countries which support the resolutions."

The UN Security Council passed a US-sponsored anti-Iran resolution on June 9 that imposes restrictions on the country's shipping industry in addition to other sectors.

www.presstv.com...

Mullen in Israel for military talks

A top US military officer has arrived in Tel Aviv for talks with Israeli officials on military cooperation between the two armies.

Chairman of US Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Mike Mullen made the unannounced visit to Israel on Sunday on his way back to the US from meetings in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

He is scheduled to meet Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak at around midday and is also expected to negotiate with the Israeli military and defense officials during his short visit.

"This is a very short visit -- he will meet with Defense
Minister (Ehud) Barak and with (Chief of Staff) Gaby Ashkenazi and a few others from the defense establishment," a US embassy spokesman told AFP.

An Israeli military spokesman said the meeting would focus on
"Cooperation between the two armies and the challenges they have to face."

www.presstv.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowRamesses
Then I was thinking, Iran says it needs electricity so they are building nuke reactors, why can't they build oil refineries too so they don't need nuclear power?

Why would you is you have nuclear reactors? Kinda like buying a gas guzzler next to your hybrid.

Reason they're building nuke plants should be obvious, they don't want to be depending on oil like the west in a uranium rich county.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
This is not surprising.

We all knew the conflict would start this summer, we jus didn't know which one.

I'm surprised the Israel is the one who is actually going to go through with it, I was sure it would be SK and NK.

This is why news on Iran has been silent as of late, the US and Israel do not want to draw attention to themselves right now while they make preperations.

Perhaps this is also why General Patreus will be back in Afghanistan, in order to coordinate this attack effectively?

You don't demote your top general for no reason...

~Keeper

[edit on 6/27/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
G-8 'fully believes' Israel will attack Iran, says Italy PM

World leaders "believe absolutely" that Israel may decide to take military action against Iran to prevent the latter from acquiring nuclear weapons, Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi said Saturday.

“Iran is not guaranteeing a peaceful production of nuclear power [so] the members of the G-8 are worried and believe absolutely that Israel will probably react preemptively,” Berlusconi told reporters following talks with other Group of Eight leaders north of Toronto.

www.haaretz.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join