It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Psychic' octopus predicts German victory over England!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

A "psychic" octopus is said by its aquarium owners to have predicted the country's football team will knock England out of the World Cup.

When consulted, Paul the octopus chose a mussel from a jar with the German flag on it ahead of one in a similar jar bearing the cross of St George.

The two-year-old cephalopod has a record of predicting past German results in this manner, his owners say...

..."Paul's prediction was phenomenal," said aquarium spokesman Tanja Munzig.

"He swam straight over to the German glass, climbed in and even put a lid on top once he was sitting inside."

Still think it's just coincidence?-

...The octopus, which was born in the UK and was moved to the German aquarium, has become a national celebrity after correctly predicting Germany would beat Australia in their opening match, then lose to Serbia, and then beat Ghana.

His latest prediction was flashed all over the German media...

Source

This beast is simply a phenomenon.

But hang on — might it be possessed?

Or, even more sinisterly, did it perhaps have a bad experience back in the UK, now expressed through bad mojo on opponents of its new-found homeland?

Then again it's well known that octopi are highly intelligent. Has it perhaps been studying the form, watching broadcasts out of the corner of its tank?

I tell you I was convinced England was going to win. Now I'm not so sure.

Surely only ATS has the answers...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
You don't need to be psychic to know that Germany will beat England tomorrow. I can do better than the octopus, by telling you the result will be 2:0 to the Germans, no penalties or extra time required....

Its going to be one hell of a game, the dream match of any major tournament is for these two to meet in the knockout stage and as a bonus prediction....Argentina are going to win the whole thing...

[edit on 26-6-2010 by strangleholder1]

[edit on 26-6-2010 by strangleholder1]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Lol - Paul the Octopus. Maybe he's pissed at being called Paul!

I'd say it's cross between the Pygmalion effect, (given that it was conducted in Germany and a collective expectancy of the nation was weighted towards it - lol); the flags of the three nations it 'choose' are all lineated similary and therefore England's would have been an outlier in this experiment - lol; and / or it just got lucky every time!

I'd go for the lucky 'Paul' effect!

Look people, it's Saturday early evening and I'm bored!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The only thing you can be sure of is that england are using non lethel weapons in sport.

Thats all one can say.

The biggest cheaters are the ones called england.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Reminds of that monkey who predicts the NHL Playoffs every year - and mostly fails miserably

I hope that England beats Germany. I hate that team that represents "my" country.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I'm frankly astounded by the skepticism.

reply to post by strangleholder1

I can do better than the octopus, by telling you the result will be 2:0 to the Germans, no penalties or extra time required....

Sir, I believe you have a tank of octopi.

Its going to be one hell of a game, the dream match...

That's what I thought till I knew the result

reply to post by Breifne

I'd say it's cross between the Pygmalion effect, (given that it was conducted in Germany and a collective expectancy of the nation was weighted towards it...

Sir, are you suggesting this beast is spiritually advanced? Has it, perchance, been elevated to a higher plane? (And if so, how else do you expect it might express its experience of alternative vibrations?)

People are you really so blind to the Power of Paul?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Your still here? Claiming the uk govt are hunting you down and you the govt are using microwaves to control people? IMO its just a lucky octopus, i bet it doesnt even know what football is !

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

How much empirical data would it take to convince you? It's got a truly astonishing record, judging by the article.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I am glad to see this posted here, the reason being....All prophecies posted on ATS turn out to be FALSE

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Ever heard of the exception that proves the rule?!

Sunday evening could be time for a seafood pizza.

(But then again, what might this animal do in revenge for the loss of its kindred?)

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
If England get battered by Germany can we do likewise to Paul and enjoy a feast of calamari ?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I would imagine that this is coincidence. I do not understand how an octopus would have knowledge of any sport or how it could see into the future and name the team that would win. I do not see how it's brain could process this kind of information.

If it is truly psychic, perhaps it could take a number of other tests for other subjects to truly show that it is so. If it fails in all other fields, then I guess one could say that the octopus is only pyschic when it comes to sports. I do not see why an octopus would only accurately predict sports, and not any other important things.

So yes, again, just a coincidence, I think, until proven further.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by slidingdoor

That would be tantamount to asking for Argentina to win.

And going on this beast's record Maradonna would subsequently be given a knighthood.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
If Wayne Rooney can swim, I say he dives into the tank to make "Paul the Extrodinaire" ink himself. That will put him in his place... Without his magic, result-picking ink he will be powerless to time-travel with his mind. Watch out for those suction cups Wayne!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitotsumami

I know what you're saying. But if Germany wins tomorrow, all bets are off.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

Risky business, chiding a voodoo octopus. Better to speak to it nicely. (And hand it an oversized mussel.)

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I agree, that is why I am sending Rooney, he is the only Englishmen skilled enough to harpoon a scoring strike against that traitor of an octopus. Shouldn't Paul be picking England, after all he is from the U.K.?

[edit on 26-6-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Breifne

I'd say it's cross between the Pygmalion effect, (given that it was conducted in Germany and a collective expectancy of the nation was weighted towards it...

Sir, are you suggesting this beast is spiritually advanced? Has it, perchance, been elevated to a higher plane? (And if so, how else do you expect it might express its experience of alternative vibrations?)

People are you really so blind to the Power of Paul?

Are you saying that, as Paul is a 'beast' (a ghastly name for a German fan) that it is not and cannot be spiritual?

Anything that beats England has the blessing of God almighty, and given that Paul has shown to be a burning bush revelation, I think that the Pygmalion effect is more to do with karma than favourtism!

And the only vibration tomorrow will be the ball hitting the back of the England net! Now that's spiritually advanced!!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I think we need to start another war with Germany and bring that brave octopus home! It is obviously a vital asset for a country.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

that is why I am sending Rooney, he is the only Englishmen skilled enough to harpoon a scoring strike against that traitor of an octopus

Going on his current form he'd only graze the thing from 2 feet.

Is there no hope?

reply to post by Breifne

Are you saying that, as Paul is a 'beast' (a ghastly name for a German fan) that it is not and cannot be spiritual?

Well it certainly begs the question. Till I read this article I was taking a particular view of that question on what now sounds like a closely related thread.

I think that the Pygmalion effect is more to do with karma than favourtism!

If you're talking 5-1 karma, you'd better feed that octopus something special. (Try Kool-Aid*)

That eight-armed talisman would have to be delusional to think 44 years of hurt deserved karma!

*"the phrase suggests that one has mindlessly adopted the dogma of a group or leader without fully understanding the ramifications or implications" (Wikipedia)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join