It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sixth Sense Technology--Projection Interface Device--MUST SEE!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pyehouse

So there you have it, about the size of a button, costs as much as your current phone contract and provides you with an augmented reality experience that gives you information on the fly. You honestly think we won’t all be wearing these in the next 10 years ?

Yes.

And that is what scares the hell out of me.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavelivanov22
another way for the government to know what we do what we watch what we eat what we buy what we talk about where we go and where we are..

i think my 5 senses and my brain are good enough to decide what i want

[edit on 26-6-2010 by pavelivanov22]

It will be worse than that it.

It will be what they let you watch, what they let you eat, what they let you buy and where they let you go.

Is your 6th sense tingling yet?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I must have a high standard for mind blowing.. because my mind is not blown. Its actually rather clumsy in its implementation.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I dunno if it's funny or sad that so many people instantly started posting the actual definition of "sixth sense". I mean, seriously, do you guys have Asperger's or are you naturally anal retentive to the point of having to make semantic based arguments every single second of your lives?

Did you also see the movie The Sixth Sense and say "This is actually not the sixth sense. It is actually a movie that we watch for entertainment purposes. This has nothing to do with our senses, such as sight, smell or hearing."

Seriously, c'mon now.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Yay technology. Man abandons life in pursuit of recreating life.

Which of these toilet papers shall I wipe my ass with?
Sure I could just use my hand and feel it to see how soft it is. But why make a decision based on common sense when i can wear this stupid thing around my neck that can scan the bar code and my decisions for me!

Stupid people love technology.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
REVELATION 13:16-18

16. "He causes all, the small and the great, the wealthy and the poor, the free and the slave to give a mark by their right hand or receive it on their foreheads,

17. and that no one would be able to buy or to sell, unless he receives a mark of the name of The Beast and on the multitudes under his name.

18. Herein is wisdom. He who has understanding, let him calculate the multitudes of the elohim (false gods) of The Beast, for it is the multitude following the man-made elohim (pagan gods). These are numbered as sixty-six evils (sixty-six and 6 - whereby the numeral 6 is an evil number)."

***The Word of YAH - The King's Covenant - The Original Scriptures E1***
The first new archaeologically discovered complete Aramaic texts from 70 A.D.
.......................... www.OriginalScriptures.com .............................

1. This machine will allow the user to utilize their hand or hands to give a mark aka input a command or cause to identify.

2. This machine will allow the user to identify the person and place a description of the person on their very being after it identifies that person.

3. This machine will read or recognize the person 1 of 3 ways, via a mark, chip or a face recognition system. Perhaps lines on a forehead are unique enough like a fingerprint?

4. Those who are "in the system" will be recognized for buying and selling.

5. This amazing technology will instantly cause the more open minded youths of today the ability to chip themselves for the benefit of being known and having their virtual "facebook" proclaimed when someone comes up to them.

6 Everything can be tied into this device for buying and selling and identification purposes. It all starts here?

Then again who knows.... One! YaHuWaH!!!!!!!

The secret is that the search is what saves you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Word seekers unite and seek out the real truth!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

This technology has been in development for years - and although it is cool, they haven't gotten it to a level yet where I'd consider it any sort of breakthrough (since it's exactly how it was the last time I saw it a few years ago).

I'm waiting for some sort of 3d device that allows you to do what they're doing in the video with a 3d projection that way you do not need to be near a wall or something solid to see what you're doing.

This just doesn't seem too practical at all... especially putting marker caps on your fingers and standing at the street corner messing around with your "Projection Interface Device."

And yes I understand it will be reformed a lot more and will be much different at the end and much more user friendly but as I said I just don't think this is going to become something 'huge' in our time. 3D is the way to go, and it's tech has been developing for a long time... this interface just seems like a step backwards for us. Just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Umm.....android phones already freaking do this. Having a projector attached to your body is impractical when you could just display the image on a cell phone screen like we currently do. You can already do bar code scans with android...so basically a projector vs screen is the only difference, and screens offer privacy.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I'm not all that blown away by this. I heard about this in the last 12-15 months before tonite.

Her body language says that she is not being forthright at all times.

FYI

We were told in the 50's that long before 2010 we would have robots doing all of our house Chores. Not some, but all.

We were also told that nuclear reactors would bring us energy too cheap to meter?

Oh and when Pres. Carter was pres. we stated that by the year 1985 the world would be completely out of oil.

By the way corporations and their spokes persons are liars. Meaning they purposely tell us things that are not true.

I am much more blown-away by the Freeman video. At least 100 times.

So lets talk about the Freeman concept again if we really want to talk about conspiracies. The only way this fits into conspiracy is if she is lying to us.

Thanks though.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
oh
my
gawd

This is the future.

'Nuff Said.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance_Defier

people are relying alot of there daily activities and how they live on technology what about when there is no electricity in a catastrophe or terrorist attack people are getting lazier and dumber

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by avatar01
Yay technology. Man abandons life in pursuit of recreating life.

Which of these toilet papers shall I wipe my ass with?
Sure I could just use my hand and feel it to see how soft it is. But why make a decision based on common sense when i can wear this stupid thing around my neck that can scan the bar code and my decisions for me!

Stupid people love technology.

First time I read this I thought you meant you could just use your hand on your ass and feel how soft your poop is.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I find this rather dumb actually.
Why would I want to go around waving my hands in the air when I'm talking to a person or shopping? And a projector? Does that mean I have to stand in front of a box of cereal and then wave my hands around?

I don't get it.

I say leave this sort of thing for computer use like in minority report.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I am not impressed by this at all. It is not only embrionary but also many of its features are commonly found in the latest nokia or apple cell phones we have today.

Sounds like propaganda to me.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Sorry I very, very much have to disagree with you - strongly.

I am a developer and work with flash, c++, and many other cutting edge technologies (sorry HTML5 is nothing) in order to integrate camera, web, projections etc.

I have developed using what is known as augmented reality - where cameras pick up everyday objects using recognition software - readily available and used for faces, cards, numbers etc. Google has picassa and of course imaeg and voice search available on almost EVERY mobile phone RIGHT NOW. Picassa has facial recognition in it.

Of course there are Pico projectors and many other devices (some of which i am coding for) which have been around for almost three years (thats a long time) and YES they are available in phones - not in America as Americans are simply not that tech savvy on the whole (hence their iPhone and iPad obsession).

Anyway - pico projectors and projected key pads are not new. Combining all of these technologies is also NOT NEW and is quite common.

Plenty of companies use this type of technology to project technical data onto glasses for technicians to get information on wiring, engineering works etc. Its very, very old school.

Please don't take this the wrong way - I am sure this is new to you and excites you - i love it thats why I work in it - however it is simply not knew.

Do a quick search for augmented reality and it is all over the net - this uses location based technology to overlay information onto your cell phone camera combined with recognition tech to convey information in real time.

So what is going to be new then ?

The real future lies in two areas - the first is AI - this is significantly furhter progressed than people realize - it has been the top priority for pentagon for a long time as they pursue autonomous droids for military engagement - this will be combined with internal projection and what is now very common in using brain waves to manipulate things - you can buy several games right now which use this type of tech - again - not new.

What will be new is combining this tech to provide real time gate ways to information required - just think it and you will have it in your head, or directly projected into you optical nerve. Maths, questions, procedure, technical data, anything can easily be interpreted by AI, returned through neural feed back and will seem almost as though you thought it yourself - in short technology will almost disappear and be replaced by a mind interface with something like the net.

This is what will be happening in five years.

Again - I don't mean to rain on your excitement - but I really have been working on this type of thing, commonly with many other developers around the world - your excitement is well placed - but this is nothing new.

As I mentioned neural interfacing is being done RIGHT NOW and will be introduced into the military AI within the next five to ten years (pentagon projections for AI based fully autonomous robotic soldier is for 2018).

Thanks though - and anything TED is always worth watching.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Aristophrenia]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Knowing that this technology exists has me excited about the future. What's next? Mass Effect Omni Tools? There's almost endless potential.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

You want to see Somthing about SuperSoldiers !!

look at my newest thread

Project May Help Wounded Soldiers Keep Them Alive on the Battlefield Scifi to Scifact

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Funded by the Dept of Defence!
and Office of Naval Research ! ? my guess Marines Branch of the Navy

about finding the right chemical your body to produce or block ! to Keep you Alive or Keep on Fighting ! blocking Pain or Activate the Adrenal Gland Etc...

Please look at my thread !

Literately in my backyard well.. 2 towns away !

im not sure if this was intent or a leak but it was in my local NewsPaper !

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
not quite sure if this has been mentioned but what about the fact that its a projector and the lights pointing in peoples eyes, since it is right around that height

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean
350 bucks huh? I don't beleive that for one second. It may cost them 350 to make but it will cost me 350,000 to own.

I was going to address this issue also,do people not understand our capitalist process? Starred, you should have 50 stars i find this to be one of the most overlooked issues n this thread.

Here is a typical rundown;
Cost to make $350
Cost to pay person to assemble $10
On sell to wholesaler typically 3 times cost of making, add posage.
By the time wholesaler has device they pay $1070.
They onsell to a distributer, again a t2-3 times cost,add postage
Distributor has paid $3150 double or more often triple that for retail price $9450.ADD sales tax.ADD new technology premium.

And our end price will be far closer to $6-11,000.
You do know that a shirt you pay around $70 for in a retail outlet cost around $3-4 to manufacture?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
technology never improves anything, technology keeps us in bondage, and always makes things MORE complicated, not less. It has been proven that life was oh so much more simple back when we where hunting and gathering. The has been PROVEN that man spent.. oh max 3-4 hours foraging for food, other than that we got to kick back and chill for the rest of the day. Yes you died early due to predation, disease, ect but life was chill.... SOOOOO CHILL. Any poster arguing that technology helps make life simple hasn't read Daniel Quinn.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join