It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sixth Sense Technology--Projection Interface Device--MUST SEE!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
another way for the government to know what we do what we watch what we eat what we buy what we talk about where we go and where we are..

i think my 5 senses and my brain are good enough to decide what i want

[edit on 26-6-2010 by pavelivanov22]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Sorry, I am unimpressed. I've been using this sort of technology for years. I can animate a face with my own. Bing and Google remember my searches and find me similar ones.

Just to not be a lame old boo, it is very impressive. I love technology and Love it. But this is not new technology, as I've been using similar things with google for 2 ish years.

reply to post by pavelivanov22

They are not controlling. They are using what you want to amplify your experience. I don't see it as government control. I see it as government doing what is suppose to do: what the people want without attacking minorities.

I think you're just spreading fear. No offense.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Gorman91]

To edit what I said, I was impressed with the hologram stuff. I enjoyed it. Reminds me of mass effect.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavelivanov22
another way for the government to know what we do what we watch what we eat what we buy what we talk about where we go and where we are..

i think my 5 senses and my brain are good enough to decide what i want

[edit on 26-6-2010 by pavelivanov22]

Why do you say this? This is good technology put you are pushing it aside because of a hypothesis you have?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
There is no such thing as freedom anymore I take it. Great device sure. But if it's just now coming out means it's been around for 10 years military wise.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by SneakAPeek]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I've watched the guy who "invented" it demonstrate this thing almost a year ago. It didn't have a name back then but I really never thought something like that would get into production. The best you could do with it is, like, play pong on the floor while waiting for the bus.

I work in the field so I'm up to date with those things and when you know what kind of technology really is out there but "economically not viable", this 6th sense stuff looks childish. I'm glad this got into ATS as my first thought back then was "who the heck finances this?" but now I think there's a darker agenda behind

Honestly, nanotechnology in your cellphones is more "6th sense" than this thing....
Really nothing groundbreaking, just more useless toys to distract the slaves and make em more productive.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I watched it and came back.

I have now words for that. That is awesome. I cannot believe it yet.

This will change all the computer technology.

I stare at the monitor and say what I am watching.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Old. I saw this more than 6 months ago on FOX News, as a link from Wired if that means anything to you. Also, not "Sixth Sense". Also, boring considering there are better GUI's and firmware with every other kind of interface.

Glad everything Wired pumps out is "fresh and amazing" to you 6 months later.

How do I sage in here?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skallagrimsson
Allways nice with a technology that thinks and makes decisions for you. It was very popular in an european country some 70 years ago. Now you could get a small gizmo that does the same for you...

No brain, no headache.....

I really agree with you. You won't have to think about anything anymore. A computer will decide for you to make the next move. The critical mind and logic won't exist.

Really scary. We are not far from robots.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I'm with SKL on this. His last picture of the puppet master sums it up quite nicely. Whatever humans are I know this is something we were never meant to be. Every new technology creates whole new sets of ethical and moral questions that are never explored until after these gadgets hit the market.
I do not care to join the Borg. Think what you want but each new invention is one step away from humanity and freedom and one more step towards absolute control, either physically, economically or spiritually.
The sad irony is how we welcome our own demise.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I'm thinking of many way this could evolve. It will first come with it's components broken up into two components, one being for visual/audial input and output resembling a webcam with a micro mirror projector attached, the the other the processing and input/output to electronic data sources. With this you can attach the 'camjector' to your front arm or wrist band, head gear, or wherever you want to have it with simple velcro module (or one of the name brand fashionable ones that are the craze for the time period), thd keep the 'uplink' module in your pocket.
Next will come better video and 3d technology and an addition to the two modules, a third 'camjector' can be set at 90 degrees (on a table, a wall, someone elses camjector) and you have a 3 dimensional viewing and input area.
Then will come the kickanus 3d games and the opening of full 3d clubs where much of the interior is responsive holographic programs.

But hey, Lets not let it go so far as "Mom? Why do I have to have this implanted in my forehead?"

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
350 bucks huh? I don't beleive that for one second. It may cost them 350 to make but it will cost me 350,000 to own.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The last words I heard on the video were "BRAIN IMPLANT".

If that is how it's done, that aspect was never discussed, that I am aware of. Wow, "brain implant" was just sort of shoved under the rug until the very last line.

Always a catch!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

we should rather connect with our consciousness
then with some technical crap which will destroy us all

are there still people using toilet paper?
what an unhygienic product for filthy people
these morons are even clapping for this bull# presentation

[edit on 26-6-2010 by macssam]

[edit on 26-6-2010 by macssam]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
im in a strange situation here as i love new technology and i know how much the government abuse it to control the people.

to start i have seen this demonstrated at TEDs about a year or so ago and was blow away.

i believe there is no way to stop technology as it is a byproduct of our consumer lifestyle and desire for new technology. but i also see that the ptb use this desire like a carrot to implement technology that is easy to monitor and control us.

at the end of the day you need to make a choice, either choose tech and hope it doesn't screw you or run for the hills.

there is no middle ground. because eventually we are going to be immersed in it. you are either in it or you are not. i still havent decided to what extent im willing to travel down the rabbit hole. but the lights are so dam alluring..

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Yes, this is old news, and several companies are working on similar devices (Google is currently working on a very similar device to that shown in the shopping demonstration ) But why the scepticism and negativity ?

First off, What you see in the video is pretty old tech. The concept has been around for a good 20 years:

en.wikipedia.org...

And whilst gesture recognition and web integration are relatively new, the concept of a wearable augmented reality computer has been around for an age.

What is important to remember however is that this will come to market.

10 years sounds about right given that the major players will be the big communication companies who have a vested interest in prolonging the longevity of their current products, smart phones etc.

But when it does come to market it will be very different from the model on show in this video. For a start, size and cost will not be an issue. The module will unlikely be much larger than a shirt button, in fact shirt buttons are probably one of the best places to integrate it.

It will also be very cheap. The materials needed are fairly basic even by today’s standards, but in 10 years even these will cost peanuts. The clever stuff all happens in the software so really, given the cost and rate of miniaturisation a shirt button costing about £5 again seems pretty reasonable.

Of course it's unlikely you will buy one off the shelf for a fixed fee, more likely you will subscribe to a service charge much like phones and the internet today and I suspect that the cost will be pretty equitable with those.

So there you have it, about the size of a button, costs as much as your current phone contract and provides you with an augmented reality experience that gives you information on the fly. You honestly think we won’t all be wearing these in the next 10 years ?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This is all old technology, re-packeged together to create a somewhat usefull device.

But the spiritual and mind control/programming implications of them calling it the sixth sense seem deliberate.

We are at a point in history where people need to be getting in touch with their real sixth sense, to access unlimited truth, people know deep within that this is what they should be doing. So a company comes along and offers a physical material substitute for your lack of connection to the universe that surrounds you. You'll end up with a sixth sense which is probably filled with ads and disinfo, certainly nothing more can be gained than what is already on the internet anyway. There seems to be a push for humanity to become half cyborg so immersed in technology we reach a point where we become dependent and cant return to natural connection to our surroundings through subtle energies.

We already have a pineal gland that provides the sixth sense, and it wont give reccomendations on what useless material object to buy with money/monetary system you shouldnt be using anyway. TPTB have successfully destroyed most pineal functioning in the masses with chemical additions to food and water and now our environment is being flooded with em waves creating too much interference for the novice to gain anything usefull in daily living from a pineal activation. Most if not all of what this device seems geared to do is support the status quo help 9-5 routines and aid product purchase, with some fun distractions for play time. We need a device that works more like the sun glasses in the movie They Live. And we already have it in our heads, along with much more, infinite peception capability with infinite computing power awaiting to just be tuned in by our malevolently detuned pineals.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

2the10thpower, I agree with you. This is a Pandora's box that once opened, not even hope is going to be enough to save us.

Can't we see how consumed we have become with electronics and technology? Electronic devices and media have taken over our lives to the point that families don't even talk to each other any more unless they are texting or leaving voice messages. We have latched on to the teat of media and soon government controlled devices. They don't have to be imbedded in our bodies. They are already imbedded in our minds.

We are willing becoming slaves to a medium that may have a handful of good benefits but are they worth giving up complete control of our privacy to the institutes that will be controlling all that data?

This is way too much information and my 6th sense tells me that our last wish, which will be too late, will be that we never let this jinn out of the bottle.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

We already have a pineal gland that provides the sixth sense, and it wont give reccomendations on what useless material object to buy with money/monetary system you shouldnt be using anyway. TPTB have successfully destroyed most pineal functioning in the masses with chemical additions to food and water and now our environment is being flooded with em waves creating too much interference for the novice to gain anything usefull in daily living from a pineal activation. Most if not all of what this device seems geared to do is support the status quo help 9-5 routines and aid product purchase, with some fun distractions for play time. We need a device that works more like the sun glasses in the movie They Live. And we already have it in our heads, along with much more, infinite peception capability with infinite computing power awaiting to just be tuned in by our malevolently detuned pineals.

I could not agree with you more. In fact, just last night we were discussing at work the increase in the number of young people that are admitted that are either drug seeking or are already on a ton of either mood altering or pain medications.

The media has convinced many young people that unless they look a certain way, dress a certain way, talk a certain way and live a certain way, then they have little or no value.

Trying to keep up with the Jones was hard enough but spending every moment of your life trying to be someone that you aren't "is" enough to drive one mad.

You often hear that children act out because they have chemical imbalances. Well, if the first thing that is placed in their mouths after they are born is full of chemicals and everything they eat from then on is full of chemicals, it should come as no surprise that somewhere along the way they are going to experience an imbalance.

Now add to that a device that constantly feeds them instructions and manipulates their behavior and you have an Orwellian nightmare on your hands.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
there is nothing good about cloud computing at all. It places control of information in too few hands.

Information needs to be free, not controlled by the government/corporations who can shut your access off at will....

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Dude.. this is atleast a year old..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join