It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC: Oil spill IS VERY TOXIC. To all the people downplaying this catastrophe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I stumbled upon the following article wich talks about the toxicity of the oil seeping into the GOM

www.floridaoilspilllaw.com... il-contains-some-of-the-most-toxic-chemicals-that-we-know

“It’s completely scientifically dishonest to pooh-pooh the potential here when you are talking about some of the most toxic chemicals that we know,”

Now combine this with storm ALEX and you've got yourself quite the lethal cocktail...

I read many people saying this oil spill is "normal" and nothing to worry about... well CDC says something completely different...

[edit on 26/6/2010 by faceoff85]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Slowly but surely there are sources dripping in mentioning the severity of this spill... anyone still taking this lightly will be in for quite the nasty surprise when people start getting really sick...

I feel for the people who are affected by this.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Definitely agree with your stance. I'm not one to panic much, but this is going to be THE biggest natural disaster modern humans have ever experienced.

Unless an asteroid hits, this is going to toxify a vast amount of sea and many people and unmistakenly a great deal of oceans animals, flora and fuana.

This in not leakage, this is an abomnible wretched full throttle 6 figure P.S.I. uncontrollable faucet. There is no turn off valve folks.

I'm giving up all seafood. Sorry gulf fisherman, don't want to die a much faster death.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Great find! This is an important development. Thanks for posting it.

If I had posted this story I'd be tempted to edit it and change the headline to something like this: CDC: Oil Spill very toxic!

CDC gets people's attention. And in all the threads being posted on this board with such sensational and similar headlines, I'm afraid this will get lost.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
This deserves a bump...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Thnx for the advice... I will take it into account next time...

The reason I posted this is because it is a scientific view of this disaster. I came across a lot of people all down playing this thing and writing it off as nothing. Thats just wrong.. Things are gonna get a whole lot worse... We've got about 3 months of huricane season coming... This will shake things up and carry a lot of goo into mainland...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Great find! This is an important development. Thanks for posting it.

If I had posted this story I'd be tempted to edit it and change the headline to something like this: CDC: Oil Spill very toxic!

CDC gets people's attention. And in all the threads being posted on this board with such sensational and similar headlines, I'm afraid this will get lost.

You're big on headlines huh?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

Hehe
Thought i'd give it a shot... I lured you in right?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Yep. Having a journalism degree and OCD makes me too hyper aware of stuff I should probably let go. But I thought this was important...to make this story stand out among all the other purely sensationalistic ones that we seem to be posting over and over. The Deepwater Disaster forum is getting full.

There's a LOT of important information being posted that I feel is being missed because of things like multiple postings of the same thing under different headlines and headlines that don't really get to the core.

Sorry. I didn't mean to annoy anyone.

Originally posted by faceoff85

Haha. Yep!

[edit on 26-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Have you guys seen this from Time?

Assessing the Health Effects of the Oil Spill

new topics

top topics

join