It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Coming Gulf Coast Firestorm: How the BP oil catastrophe could destroy a major U.S. city

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by alonzo730

As in Interstate 40? That's pretty far north if it's what you meant.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jdills1196

From what I've read here and elsewhere, if that were true, Nigeria would be an inferno...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

How can we evacuate the whole coast? One's and two's might get away, but most people have nowhere to go. For those that do get out, it will most likely be a permanent change of address as there will be nothing to return to. There is no end in sight for this so-called "leak", which is why they aren't even attempting to clean it up. I'm afraid any efforts won't even scratch the surface in the long-run. This is starting to look more and more like a well disguised* population-control tactic. Those FEMA coffins won't sit empty forever...
*(well disguised to those stuck in the box)

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Coo
I think people are getting a little bit carried away by all of this lol...everything will be fine given time

You sound just like someone who is working for BP !

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Anyone else watching the feed? The top hat is looking kinda shaky...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
(they) already have destroyed a major US City.

not when but now how much longer...

(they) let people fry on the streets of Louisiana. (they) left The black folks on bridges to fry and left families drowning and also left animals tp persish in the after-dawn. The lines are drawn. It is as bad as we all think it is.

This is America folks, the place where folks are to be treated like humans not barbaric fugitives. People lost everything in the hurricane of Katrina. NOW they lose everything again... all hope.

Walk out into your back yard right now and kiss your ass good-bye. THAT is what those folks lived through. A day without a tomorrow
and a life without a promise of hope.

This oil spill/gusher/bomb/lie/etc is nothing more then a bash into the people who built their lives back up. FROM nothing. Only to have the PTB rain on their parade again.. get with it people .... man.. so sad no one even realizes what the heck is going on here.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Thanks, Lucidity. Very interesting point about the proportional increase in crap-stories. Deep stuff, indeed.

It's almost as if there should be another site...one that would be an ATS to the ATS! Of course, any of them will be eventually infiltrated by the same peeps.

I'll be looking forward to your future posts. Have a good weekend!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImYourHuckleberry
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

There is no end in sight for this so-called "leak", which is why they aren't even attempting to clean it up. I'm afraid any efforts won't even scratch the surface in the long-run. This is starting to look more and more like a well disguised* population-control tactic.

Absolutely right and more suffering and more and more people struggling to find their way - you got it right!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
so now everybody knows. now it all makes sense to the feeble minded. the intentions that the world elite had were to create a huge cindering metropolitan city to the core. does it all make some kind of horrific sense to you all now? now we stop wondering why they turned down all the help from all over the world to stop the leak. god help us. were doomed.

WHATS IT GOING TO TAKE PEOPLE?! IS THIS WHOLE BOARD BRAINWASHED OR FULL OF GOVERNMENT DISINFO AGENTS?! ARE THERE ANY MORE REAL NORMAL PEOPLE OUT HERE WHO ACTUALLY CARE? STOP WATCHING CNN!!!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
Real Worst Case Scenario - But I also see its very possible. What writer didnt mention is airborne toxics, even if the doomsday fire doesnt happen, there is acid in the air - all animals will die to these toxics, and there will be impossible to breath.

Evacuate your selfs - Mother nature will attack greedy peoples. Leave now.

Are you saying that the vapors from the crude are acids. Actually, talking about acidity and oil is pretty meaningless since pH, the measure of acidity is the negative log of the hydrogen ion concentration, which would require some water for ion disassociation. alkane gases, the most likely to form, are neutral.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I posted on this likely possibility over a week ago.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The winds and sea surge could coat a ocean side city with oils and all it would take would be a spark.

Its nice to see other see the danger.
Hopefully the government see it also.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Yes this could happen...

But so could the oil in the ocean run though the creatures mutating them into fire-breathing dragons that speak Dutch.

Point: anything is possible, it's just a matter of how probable the possibilities are. To me the possibility brought up by the original poster isn't to probable.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Hello Anned Other ats + Visitors, Great Post OP.
I have tried to point some attention to a Nostradamus Docko the last couple of days.
Here.

The last couple of years of investergating i arrived at the conclusion that he could be a false prophet. Now i'm not so shure, Please take a look here.
topdocumentaryfilms.com...
Can't Link straight to Vid. Vid at bottom of page, Drag slider to 7m 40s

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The absolute worst case senerio, absolute worst, highly doughtful, but scary enough.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Fire / Explosions I don't foresee happening due to concentration (I guess anything would be possible given the right circumstances but highly unlikely in most). As a former Hazmat responder (I worked with derricks in Kuwait actually), I can say with all probability that area / ground / groundwater contamination will be a serious long term threat, - It's the issue of the crude, other associated compounds (everything you can imagine can be found in naphtha) as well as most of the chemical dispersants used. Just about every bit of it is mildly hazardous on the Glass-Half-Full end, and "Your grandchildren will have 5 arms and feet coming out of their heads" on the worst case scenario side of the coin. Depending on the toxicity and the concentration, you may actually need to completely remove it from the soil via excavation equipment... This is a maaaaaaasive operation. The alternative is a flurry of exposure related incidents and lawsuits that I can't even begin to fathom (that's not my department).

The long term cleanup is going to be enormous and beyond costly.
If you haven't guessed already, be assured that without some kind of government intervention or protection: BP is not going to survive this as a corporation. You're looking at several trillion dollars, and that's with the assumption that the oil stops or is handled anytime soon. The rest of whatever action needs to happen for proper spill response and long term rehabilitation will need to come from somewhere else.

/me looks at my wallet.... uh... yeah. My tax dollars once again. Sorry. Our tax dollars, if you feel you want to be included in the pain in and around the area of your anus.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
High winds and lightening with millions of gallons of oil would give the words "perfect storm" a whole new meaning.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdills1196

This is amazingly true, because you have a city drenched in oil, and all the normal problems of a hurricane, you really are screwed. .

If you can't get out to Wal*Mart to mingle with those poorly prepared for life, you can enjoy the same show from those that also stay home from Wal*Mart and post on ATS.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I think people are getting a little bit carried away by all of this lol...everything will be fine given time

I agree, but to an extent. I think this thread is a bit of fear mongering to be honest.

YES this is a horrible disaster that is going to change our world and the way we look at it. It will effect me personally since I live on the East Coast - eventually that oil will be at the beaches I go to myself, and I do not like the idea of not being able to go on vacation anymore and relaxing at the beach, let alone seeing so many people lose jobs and such.

Hurricanes do carry stuff around, but this scenario here in the OP is a bit far-fetched. I wont say it's impossible, but I will say it's highly unlikely.

People are looking for things to make this even worse than it is. Let's clean up this mess and take care of the animals and human beings that are being effected right now as I type this before we worry about such things in the OP.

If you really want to freak out and run off, go ahead I'm not going to stop you. But your sidewalks wont be lighting on fire anytime soon (hopefully).

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

There is a old coal mine out east that has been burning for years.

If large amounts of oil does get lit on fire in a major city it
could wreak some serious havoc.

Especially if that coastal city has a refinery or something on par.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

It is also "possible" that u might die from an exploding hemoroid

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join