It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Four Horsemen?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AmosGraber

I think your comments are very profound, and there is a lot of food for thought in them.
I see hints in some of the OT allusions of Revelation that the great persecution itself might be seen as God's response to the sins of the church (I did a whole thread on the subject), which could certainly bring the whole book into your category of "warning".

But, apart from the promises, Jesus also said things like "many will come in my name" and "there will be tribulation", and warned his disciples about the "abomination". In other words, some of the things that will certainly happen will be negative. So I think I'm justified in presenting the basic, underlying, pattern of Revelation as a prediction, while avoiding the kind of detailed, fixed timeline predictions that are fashionable in some quarters.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AmosGraber

Thanks for your contribution. I agree with alot of what you have said. I'm not as learned as you on some of the history of the Bible but I do know that time would have produced certain inaccuracies. Which is why I said to firefly earlier, that I don't take every word as fact but there are some great principles and ideals taught in the Bible.

The reason I started this thread was to gain some more insight and perhaps see if anyone else could provide more information, so that together we could come up with something collarborative. I for one would never claim to know the future and that what I think fits is the absolute truth that would be foolish.

I still think if you look at what was said about the Third Horsemen it fits really really well.

If we are infact past the four horsemen like you suggest is it possible we are in the midst of either the seven trumputs or seven bowls?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
As like everything else in the bible, it makes NO sense when taken literally.

Lets examine it as the way it was written shall we?

As an astrological drama. Here goes: The 1st (white) horse is the planet Venus, the second (red) horse is Mars, the third (black) horse is Saturn, and the 4th (pale) horse is Mercury.

NOW FINALLY IT MAKES SENSE!! IF NOT, STUDY THIS, and IT WILL.

Now dont you all FEEL SILLY??

<< 1   >>

join