It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message to Obama, just say NO to AMNESTY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Please just say NO to Amnesty to illegal aliens. I heard today on Fox news that Obama was considering it. Granting amnesty now will anger a lot of Americans driving disapproval ratings through the roof. It's not fair either. Many legal citizens had to go study and pay to come to this country. It's not fair to all of them. It's not fair to all the unemployed millions of Americans looking for jobs to suddenly allow all of the people who committed a crime by coming here illegally to be able to legally get jobs by granting amnesty. This is not right. This is supposed to be a land where the law applies. Granting amnesty says to the people, the law doesn't matter, all will be forgiven with enough time.

Now if someone serves time in the military or signs up with a multi-year contract to serve in the US military, and they serve their time, I would be in favor of granting them amnesty for themselves and their immediate spouse and kids since they served this country. However for everyone else, I think at a minimum they should have to pay as much as legals pay to come here plus at least a tiny fine for their crime. If they have a criminal record, no deal. As the cops say, the law is the law. You can't have people breaking rules and not expect others to suddenly follow them if you let millions break it with impunity.

Just say no to AMNESTY.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

I agree that President Obama should not grant any amnesty like tough conservative President Ronald Reagan did:

en.wikipedia.org...

I guess we forget that even the toughest of conservatives had compassion and granted amnesty to certain illegal aliens. Maybe we all should learn a lesson from The Gipper.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I really know how you feel orionthehunter. My once great country has been blighted by ILLEGAL people for over 13 years thanks to the previous labour government opening the doors to Britain.

We are seriously overpopulated, and underequipped to deal with these people, and often their families too. I'm not talking about the migrants who come here legally, I'm talking about those who come here stashed in lorries from Eastern Europe and even as far away as Africa and the Far East.

Once they are here, the gangs who bring them in fit them up with illegal work and pocket their earnings, and even if the police/border control catch up with them, they are seldom detained, most are told to appear at the local police station on such and such a date, can you imagine how many actualy do?

Illegal migrants have been living rough here, camping out and butchering our beautiful countryside. They see the countryside as a 'free source of food', so they pillage it. Swans & other wild waterbirds get a right raw deal if they happen to become lunch for the illegals, camping in woodlands.

We are in debt up to the trillians, we simply cannot afford to keep and house these people if they were allowed to stay.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

I agree that President Obama should not grant any amnesty like tough conservative President Ronald Reagan did:

en.wikipedia.org...

I guess we forget that even the toughest of conservatives had compassion and granted amnesty to certain illegal aliens. Maybe we all should learn a lesson from The Gipper.

Let's not repeat the mistakes of the past. If that had worked we wouldn't be having this problem again today.

I do have something new to add. I've heard that illegal immigrants are willing to work at becoming legal and that they just want a means to do so. The choices could be either paying as much as legal immigrants pay plus a small fine or working out a community hours service plan where someone would have to decide how many community hours need to be done to equal the dollars. I could see this as a win win. Many cities are strapped for cash right now and having illegal immigrants working part time or full time if they can fit it in their schedules (in addition to whatever other work they are doing) doing community services for the city can help cities and be a plan for the illegals to become legal and become more productive citizens here.

There should be similar requirements as far as learning our laws etc. that illegals must learn the same as legal immigrants learn.

If we just grant amnesty, that is the same as was done before and won't fix the problem. That has become obvious. You will only encourage more illegals to cross the border with amnesty.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
oh yeah because im sure obama is a regular on ATS.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I suppose you feel like posting sarcastic comments today. It's obvious someone like Obama is not going to visit a Rant section on Below Top Secret. However I posted the message in Rant to convey a message to anyone who will listen and to help form my own opinion. Obama has visited the small town where I live at twice and someone on our local town council has been invited to meet him multiple times. It's possible to form consensus and convey messages that may travel farther than you first believe. Many young Americans are apathetic and don't even bother to vote. I'm of the opinion that a message can travel a lot farther than you think.

However it may be true that it may be a lost cause to try to get Obama to change his mind about something. It's best to communicate and form opinions among those who will listen and vote.

top topics

join