It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Elementary Schools Give Condoms to Students?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybee

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
My vote is yes. This might shock some ATS members on here. But sex is not the only problem is grade schools now. I know kids who parents allow them to drink and smoke with them. That's California for you.

Well, I will agree to a point. I use to work in an inner-city middle school. Approximately 30% of students entering 6th grade were 1 to 3 years behind grade level. Having a 15 year old 6th grader was not uncommon. Many elementary schools have students entering 5th grade when they should be entering high school or at the least, 8th grade. We had 2 pregnant 7th graders at one time. One was almost 17 years old. Very sad indeed.

Yes and it is worse in some places. Some schools have dozens of teen mothers...and this in the face of all this handing out condoms. Thats my point...it hasnt changed the tide. The parents of these and tax payers, whos bizz its none of... are then burdened with the "success" of the condom program and are faced with the real world consequences "naturally".

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
they make great water ballons

Start early is the only way to provide the correct info before the incorrect info gets there.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by robbinsj

Wow really? You mean get them in grade school early on? Ok this sounds to me like trying to patch up a failed program by making it worse.

Rememebr the origianl idea of the expanded programs of sex ed and condoms was to really teach kids well and thus this would take care. But no it got worse really. Leaps and bounds. It has had a sort of effect that was supposedly not intended....though some say that was the intention.

The effect on smaller kids will have a worse result. Smaller kids are keener on the reality of the suggested presmissievness of a thing than one would believe. Oh they really are. It would probably be a disaster. Something that shouldnt be undertaken by the same that promoted the latest failure.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Are they purposely trying to increase the number of sex offenders in the country? Last I heard it was illegal to have sex with a minor.

So are they passing out condoms and then saying here you can have these, but if you use them with a girl under 16 you're going to jail, and you'll have a "sex offender" label hanging on you for the rest of your life.

Doesn't make sense.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join