It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Ringmakers of Saturn UFOs 2010 *VIDEO*

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I am not sure what the first part of your post has to do with the rest, but in more pointed terms, the position of Saturn in its rotation around the sun, combined with the approach of the exploratory vehicle would determine what stars you should see in the background. You would have to find this information in order to determine what stars should be in the background of this photo.

You claim you have obtained this information and using the Celestia programmed determined that the picture being used is a fake?

If you have this evidence, then please provide it for everyone to see.

If you can provide the proof, then I can only speculate as to why the author, who seems to be a respected scientist or engineer would fake these pictures.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

He did not fake them. He took photos and misrepresented them.

And you pretty much proved to me that you are not actually reading before you post.

I'll REPOST the image I took in Celestia compared to the Voyager photo.

Moons are not perfect because they move fast and this has room for error of a few months.

However.

Saturn takes 30 years to orbit. So the stars would barely move in a few months. Even so, you can play with the program yourself. Set it to the date, move to the position, and bam,

I might even download the voyager I tour download addon to be perfectly accurate.

Also, as you'll see to the left of the photo, more clipping.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

okay Gorman91 you got me
I was making a preposterous remark

to illustrate that if there are big things traveling around the universe then they obviously have conquered the limitations you pointed out

If , supposing they exist , I guess we'll find out when they get here

these may not be the droids we're looking for ,but I'm not discounting that we may at some point find a probe not from our world,like I said we send them and to me that means someone else can do the same

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MrUnkown

the only opinion I have about that is BattleStar Galactica here we come!

that would give us elbow room for sure! wars and over population solved ! Hell we'd never even be able to find each other in all space

I'm hoping it's this one

actually I'm hoping that if 'they" can do all that they'll just come and fix the spill get rid of the Bad Guys,Bilderbergers ,Illuminati etc

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

No, I am reading what you are putting out, it seems you aren't paying attention to what I am saying, or what you are posting.

Here is the straight up problems with your claim, this guy looked at these photos while he was at NASA. He should know where things were put together. If he is not faking it, which you don't believe, then he must be very incompetent, or you aren't paying attention to what is being put out.

According to the U-tube video, he looked at these pictures under a microscope. Excuse me if I take his analysis over yours.

In addition, a simulator will only show you what it has been programmed to show you, it does not represent anything but a computerized map.

Here is a link to an analysis of the photos, another debunk that comes to a different reason not to believe that we are looking at something real. The pictures here are larger. There is only one point of light, which could be a moon, so there is nothing to identify some level of croping, merging, or splicing of photos that you claim to be amiss.

www.anomalog.com...

If we trust Bergrun to be given evidence honestly, then I would have to go with his observation that something is there in this photo, something unexpected.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Oh of course. We have probably had a few probes come and go. I suspect Earth will have a fleet of Unmanned space exploration vehicles by 2080 or 2070.

There's just one problem. Does this look like an inhabited world to you?

www.pulsarmedia.eu...

multimedia4everyone.com...

it looks like a dead world with lots of water to me.

But it is likely they have detected our signals if they sent a probe here. Our signals don't go more than a light year before degrading beyond audibility. So the probe here would need to hear it. Of course. That again depends if you can hear clearly

I personally favor the SGU model of this, A probe that can be occupied and has a set course to go out for millions of years. It has stops and goes and an enhanced AI to know what to do for anything.

Listen and watch. Very likely true.

reply to post by poet1b

It seems it was not exposed as long,and still cropped. That's perfectly understandable. As I showed you, virtually every imaging from another planet has different vibrancy due to exposure rates. Only difference there is that you are looking down rather than at a whole planet.

here we see a bad version of this exposure problem. Take a look. Same position, same probe, same shot period of being there. Notice the gigantic square shaped crops and exposure differences? Hell. To the left, you see a similar affect as the ring on the planet. It's darker and blue.

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

Also, a simulator will show you what you program it to. But if its programmed to show you reality, ti will show you reality.

Thanks to calculus, you only need to see an orbit for about a year or two and you can know the rest.

Also, forgive my statement, but no, I do not think NASA is competent.

This is a crop

The link you gave me says the same at the end. Cropped together.

The simple fact is that. The line is exactly linear from right to left. Not only would that be unstable gravitationally, it would also be quite dumb to assume that because one single photo shows a cut off badly, then all thousands of other photos are wrong.

There is no evidence from home observation. As I've shown you, home observation is quite good.

We know this image is cropped.

We know where the orbits of the moons are, which correlates to these so- called ufos.

We know, therefore, that there is nothing supporting this claim.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I agree, the quality of the pictures is not very good, but lets face it, technology has came a long ways since then. I don't disagree that it is cropped, just that what is being reported may very well be what the scientist reported.

We might know the positions of the planets in our solar system, and many local stars, but there is far more out there that we do not know about, and so we are incapable of programing a simulation that will show reality.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Actually Calculus is freaking amazing. You'd only need the local star movements and the rate of rotation around the galactic core to get a relatively accurate reading. From velocity and gravity you can get pretty damn accurate. But a few decades is not enough to have noticeable change in stars, so it does not matter.

Besides that, go back to the original point. Why on Earth is Saturn important? I already explained why their rings are different from other gas giants. So there's really no NEED for aliens. And if there's no need, why worry or bother?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Um, Saturn's rotation is about the same as Jupiter's, and both rotate much more quickly than Uranus, so you explanation of why Saturn has so much more significant sized rings due to rotation speed doesn't work. Saturn also has more moons, even though Jupiter is more dense has had a far greater gravitational field.

I think it is conceivable that those rings support a plasma eco system.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

You are picking in choosing. Speed of rotation is not the only factor.

Not to mention you are wrong.

Jupiter's day is nearly twice the length of a Saturn day.
10 hrs : 17 hrs

And Saturn goes 3x slower than Jupiter.

Saturns Gravity is nearly that of Earth's Jupiter's is nearly that 2x that of Earth's.

Saturn's density is 0.687 gm/cm^3

Jupiter's is 1.326 gm/cm^3

This makes it quite clear. Saturn is a slow moving, fast spinning, low density puff cloud. Thus matter moves faster, and is more attracted to Saturn, as greater velocity removes exo-planetary gravitational affects. This explains Titan, the planet sized moon, and Saturn's rings. Saturn collects more as it moves slower. Saturn is basically a big Earth. It's gravity is indifferent to Earth. So something appearing the mass of Earth, while being many times larger, is easier to build rings on. It explains the high velocity clouds. Their vectors are less affected by downward forces, thus enabling them to move more.

As to Jupiter, it is a fast moving heavy item. It can't collect as much because it slingshots it out. What it does collect it keeps close, thus its moons are more larger and closer. Jupiter's rings are more rocky because most of the ice has been absorbed or flown out into space. It's clouds are more swirly due to the slower day.

So you see, it's perfectly scientifically explainable.

In addition, Uranus has a day equal to Jupiter, and orbits slower than both. It has the lowest gravity of the two, at 89% Earth's. It has a density of 1.27 gm/cm^3.

This makes for a light, small, slow dense planet. it explains it's mini-me appearance to Saturn.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
wow, great video. Thank you

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

well Gorman91 you really amazed me with that one! that's a total 180

but at least we have come to a meeting of minds of sorts as that is the very concept I've been alluding to!That's very similar to what I meant when I said robot probes from another civilization

I was being general there are way to many scenarios for how meeting such a thing could play out and you are the rocket scientist not me !

by the way did you see how BIG that thing was?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Jupiter and Saturn both rotate once about every 10 hours.

I would say the real reason Saturn has such prominent rings is because Saturn is the only planet less dense than water (0.7 gm/cc, i.e. it would float).

That really makes it stand out from the other planets.

However I haven't seen any scientific theories on what creates Saturn's well developed rings, that make much of an explanation.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Yea I know. Destiny is a big moma ship. But relative to what we are talking about in the picture, it is small. Destiny is maybe the size of an aircraft carrier or two in front to back. So it is big, but still a cosmic spec on the scale we are talking about.

I am not against a probe chilling by, taking pictures, and then beating it. I'm against the argument that Saturn's rings were constructed or something. That they are here doing things. Not likely. I mean maybe mining. But even so, I doubt they would mine in a solar system with intelligent beings. Too many conflicts of interest. There's plenty of solar systems out there. And plenty of gas giants. And plenty of bigger gas giants with more resources.

We are pretty bland in comparison.

In the end, there is some evidence to a probe having come by in the past. And there is no reason why they would not explore.

Unmanned observational vehicles are evidence of a type 1 civilization. observing possible future sites and interests. If they were at Saturn, then they are interested in resources. Making them no more than 50 years ahead of us.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Now...for the "RingMaker" believers....WHY did "they" choose Saturn?

Jupiter is certainly much more impressive, and it's also closer to Earth, so would be even more spectacular (assuming they're doing all of this to 'show off' for we earthlings...)

Perhaps because they didn't want the asteroid belt to interfere in what they're doing???
That's if they ARE doing things around Saturn, which most likely they're not! Because they ain't there to begin with!!

And by the way those 'space ships' shown straddling the rings in that French newspaper are CGI as mentioned by Burgrun himself!! So what's all the fuss about?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Ok guys, here that famous photograph taken by Cassini which I noticed in mikesingh's thread linked in the opening post. This one seems to be splashed all over the net with people insisting that it's proof of an ET space ship orbiting Saturn.

Here's the anim put together from successive images taken by Cassini....

The NASA images are here….

saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

So what the heck is it? An alien spacecraft? NO! It's most likely a moon of Saturn photographed at INTERVALS, meaning time lapse images with greater than normal exposure for each photograph resulting in what looks like an elongated object moving across the sky!

Case closed where this particular image is concerned!!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

There is a 7 hour difference in rotation. They are not the same.

Saturn has more moons, and larger ones.

Pour out a lot of flour across a large table. Then send balls of dough rolling through it. Over time, you will develop precise patterns and well developed shapes. That is why Saturn has its precise rings.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Yes, actually. I suspect Mimas. Taken as Casini was, what we would call, upside down.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

oh really? interesting! about the culture advancement theories 50 years is not a lot

I don't know if this is a glitch or a misinterpretation or bad stitching or bad or alien tech?

I haven't bothered to say that I for sure don't by they make the rings of Saturn! Guess I was to busy trying to figure out what they are in instead of what they're doing

I agree that if they are and if they are there then they're mining or collecting or harvesting something they need, I can envision them just going about the universe on auto pilot adding to themselves until they are just huge .

seems like I remember a thread about some similar things being filmed by space station astronauts but I have no clue how to search it

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Sending probes to mine means you are still not "in" space. You are still using robots. You are huddled up on your own planet. maybe you ran out of resources, or maybe you are just afraid of space. The point is that they do not have a heavy infrastructure. They have a basic one. Main planet, maybe a colony on another planet or moon, probably a base on every planet in their solar system. They are afraid to send people into the unknown, so they send harvester and observational probes that go around, recording, and will eventually come back. This is evident of an isolationist society. A cosmic pre-war Japan.

Reason I say only 50 years ahead of us is because humans today are capable of being a type 1 civilization, but don't want to be. Gods knows why. This is both good and bad. It means when we finally do go into space, we will be quite advanced. But it also means that we, too, will be a Cosmic Japan.

Thus it is interesting. We are exploratory by nature, but also afraid of the unknown. We may have quite some it in common with them.

Technologically speaking, we can make warp drives today. We just don't. If these are warp ships, they seem to be mass based warp ships, as light based warps ships would be more smaller. Mass based need to be larger.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join