It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Ringmakers of Saturn UFOs 2010 *VIDEO*

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
There probably are some strange objects in Saturn's rings. Check out these 'flying saucers' orbiting Saturn!

Ooops, sorry they're just moons of Saturn - Atlas and Pan.

NASA/JPL

A low shutter speed and greater exposure time would have 'extended' these moons to perhaps look like cigars!

But hey! What do I know?

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

[edit on 27-6-2010 by OrionHunterX]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean

Mr./Ms. "Come Clean", just a note to let you know that I learned a lot
from your message. I had no idea that the rings around Saturn, and
other heavenly bodies, are only temporary. Thanks for sharing this
information!

But your post also bolstered the fact that these large/huge objects
coming and going around Saturn may indeed be space ships. Since
rings at this level of beauty are only temporary, they would attract
space-faring tourists from all over this part of the galaxy. Just because
we can't load a couple hundred thousand people onto an Earth ship and
whiz them out to see something brief and rare within another star system,
doesn't mean that other species aren't capable of taking a tour of Saturn's
rings in our SOL system.

Since life may be more common than ringed planets are, Saturn is
probably more interesting to "advanced" cultures than the life forms of
Earth, a mere 2 planets from Saturn and its rings. I find the idea of
space tourism a wonderful future hobby for us, if we can make it to that
point.

-cwm

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Seriously guys...

You do realise Juptier has rings too?

Fair enough that some of the footage is somewhat strange. To say 'ring makers' however is a not on.

Yes there was a ring maker, and it was called a protoplanetary nebulae.

Find something more conclusive.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
@SpaceMonkeys

Stay with your gut feelings.

You have successfully noticed some serious psuedoscience.

In my experience, NONE of these people advocating these theories have a science background, or have even attempted to get stuck into the professional literature.

And guys, crappy internet articles are very very far from what I'm talking about.

For those of you who have seen my posts before:
Research requires unbiased reading into the literature produced by world class scientists. *Oh but science is evil trying to pull the wool over everyones eyes!* Um no, you just don't understand the reality, or don't understand what it means, sorry! This is very very very very very evident in the cries for Phage every time something comes up.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by seenitall]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
How can u obviously intelligent peeps...even comment on this post...lol...leave it it as is ...A JOKE..Both the story and the OP...mommy..or daddy wasn't there for him/her so attention need from somewhere..

[edit on 27-6-2010 by kerazeesicko]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

not that i disagree with you but i have a few questions:

1) why would they need a TIMED exposure of the rings? why not just snap the photo like they normally do? wouldn't they want to see the detail of the rings, not the blur of the rings? this timed thing is perplexing.

2) if they did a timed exposure, why didn't they compensate for the blur, and show us the actual moons rather than the blurs created by the timed exposure? i mean they normally do that. it doesn't make sense.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I should have said exposure times instead of shutter speed. I'd barely woken up.

The Cassini cameras had a number of exposure settings. Fastest was ~5 milliseconds and longest some 20 minutes.

They used a timed exposure for the rings because they were the subject. The moonlets that created the blurred effects were incidental. If they were imaging the moonlet specifically, they may have used a shorter exposure, but would need to be closer for detail.

At greater distances, the cameras use longer exposures due to limited light reaching the sensor and the need to gain as much detail of the subject.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Rare Interview With Norman Bergrun Speaking About the Ringmakers Of Saturn also known as EMVs

James Horak talks about the EMVs

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Huginn]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

okay, gotcha.

so final question, why did they want a timed exposure of a set of moving objects, which they wouldn't be able to see in detail (the rings) because they would also be whizzing by and be equally blurred?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigfoot73

You seem to be into John Lear and the living Moon mob now lets see

They call this a spaceship I call it the pink sperm spaceship now
are you as deluded as them to think that is a spaceship.

www.thelivingmoon.com...

What John Lear ,Dick Hoagland and others and most of the pegasus mob
like to do is blow up pictures to the point were no more detail can actually be seen join up some dots that they have convinced themselves they have seen and then like young children colour it in and you get a result like above ie BULL COOKIES!

You also mentioned spy sats and what they can see well some info here

www.nerdmodo.com...

Not as well as people think then!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

so final question, why did they want a timed exposure of a set of moving objects, which they wouldn't be able to see in detail (the rings) because they would also be whizzing by and be equally blurred?

They've had to use the most suitable exposure time appropriate to their requirements and dependent on the light available to the sensors.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
WOW

img687.imageshack.us...

someone else who has NO idea how digital photography/video works!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

Nice theories, good to see someone doing some actual thinking instead of jumping to conclusions.

When it comes to space, humanity is still five blind guys patting up an elephant, except replace the elephant with a blue whale, or something much larger and far more complicated. We are a long ways from understanding what we are perceiving.

Shades of Arthur C Clarke, and his "Overlords" scifi novel.

Could the rings of the outer giant gas planets be created by some intelligent life form that builds on a galactic scale, or maybe just a solar system scale? The odds are slim, but not so slim that they should be completely disregarded.

Everyone always jumps to the conclusion that UFO's must be space ships, when they could be space whales, giant plasma creatures that live in space as their natural environment. There are plenty of photos and films that show UFO's that can not be explained by photographic illusions and distortions. There are vast numbers of threads where the debunkers claim proof that they have shown such phenomenon to be as they claimed, but their proof is usually as thin as those who claim they are spaceships.

We know the outer gas planets have rings, but we still don't know what creates them. Why not have fun and speculate.

Maybe they are large schools of plasma creatures.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Huginn

And What are the chances that, if these "ring makers" exist, the time of the photo would correlated to a diagonal line across the ring of construction EXACTLY allied to EXACTLY a horizontal line at EXACTLY the point of view of the satellite?

How about something more reasonable. Like a cropped image for a black background?

We've proven that image is cropped and the moons are ufo shaped due to the fact that there are rocks piling on more where the rings are... because there's no rocks anywhere else o add onto the mass. Why else would these "ufos" be exactly aligned with the equator of Saturn?

This is simply a flawed out of control idea.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Given the number of pictures taken, the chances are pretty good, and getting better, that we would start to see things that we didn't know before.

Do you realize that everything we think we know about Saturn and the rest of the planets in our solar system is based on theories based on very little evidence?

You haven't proven that

the moons are ufo shaped due to the fact that there are rocks piling on more where the rings are...

All photos are cropped, so that is meaningless.

Nothing wrong with opening up your mind to other possibilities.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Ha ha ha ha ha. This is really funny.
We still can't get a real closeup of the moon landings and you take a spot and say it's an aien aircraft yet it's as big as some cities on earth, yet no on on earth has ever even suggested a UFO was bigger than a large aircraft.
Where are the men in white coats? They need to troll ATS

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I do not believe these things are making rings. I think we have plenty of good theories on how rings formed.

I think these things are miners mining the resources of the rings.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Well I was entertained.

Once I saw they were the moonlets, I was over it.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

cropping is the process of taking a section of a photo. All the cropped images of the moons show that the ones in the rings are ufo shaped because more matter is attracted by gravity from the rings as opposed not.

Considering that home astronomy has exploded, you'd thing one of the numerous home photo takers of the planet would notice missing rings. instead we do not.

There is not immense evidence. There are pictures of what are clearly moons and a book cover.

Not to mention Saturn is one of the planets we actually did pop by and study, even landing on the moon Titan. So we actually know a lot more then you think about it. And what we know makes sense.

I've played with children's play toys. Simply gravity simulators for children. I've managed to make rings on planets fairly easy.

Here is my favorite. You can play with it and see the ease of ring making. Play with "particle man"

www.simprograms.com...

The simple fact is that you proved yourself wrong. There are thousands of pictures of Saturn. Only one book cover shows what you are trying to prove.

And lets just get it straight. It is practically impossible to get a perfectly horizontal line on a cut off location at that angle and velocity. The chances are so abysmally small, it is just obviously not true. It is a cut off of a photo against a black background. Bet if I looked around, i could find the original photo.

I can open my mind to anything. But, call me crazy, when man just says "God did it" or "aliens did it", is that not essentially giving up trying to research it?

I mean. Are you that desperate to make us so important? We are space dust. And our extra solar planetary observations have found quite literally hundreds of gas giants. We are nothing. Specs of sand on a cosmic beach. Why are we so special to have rings made on Saturn?

Better yet, why make rings on Saturn? for the lulz? Space gratify?

I take my side with science. provable, observable science.

The rings are water and rock that were going too fast to fall into Saturn, or tun into a moon right away.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Gorman91]

EDIT

This was incredibly easier done than thought, for once.

Voyager I took the photo. And voyager I took time lapsed TILED photos. IE, smaller photos pasted together. Here are some more. Some you can see the tiling quite obviously. Others not so much.

*Presses button*

"THAT WAS EASY!"

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
okay I have a question if the cylinder is just a effect of a cassini photographic glitch how come other things that are round or whatever shape are not similarly distorted?

would the camera distort it so it was always the same configuration?

It Looks to me like these things are there,beyond that I can't begin to imagine what they are

if I had to guess right now I would say maybe they are robot exploratory vehicles

kinda like the ones we regularly send to other planets!!!! only hella big of course

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join