It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: We Can No Longer See The BOP - Why??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Ever since BP decided to put a "live" cam up, amongst many others, we have almost always been able to view what they were calling the "Main Leak." For the past 2 days, Skandi ROV1 (which normally covered the main leak) has been completely offline. The two other ROV's that have been covering the "Main Leak" along with Skandi1 have stopped covering the leak, and began covering what seems to be absolutely nothing.

I just thought I'd ask if anybody else has noticed this as well. I'm curious as to whether or not something SERIOUS happened down there, and they're now afraid to show us the "Main Leak?"

What are your thoughts?

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

I'm wondering if you are having a problem getting the feeds. I can assure you that both Skandi ROV1 and Enterprise ROV1 have been online in past couple of days.

If you go to this thread and click back through a few pages you'll see that we have posted both screen shots and video of these ROV feeds, including some video I shot about 14 hours ago that shows the lean of the BOP from Skandi ROV 1's feed.

So if you're not getting any images for those ROV's then follow that thread and you'll be kept up to speed as to what's going on.

Regards,

Mike

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Strange. I'm viewing a couple different pages showing the "Multi-Feeds," and I haven't been able to see Skandi 1 or Enterprise 1 for the past two days, and Boa Deep C 2 (which usually covered the main leak) is now viewing something that isn't relevant to a leak.

Thank you for linking me to that thread! That will definitely help keep me posted. I appreciate that.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Out of curiosity, will you all check out these multi-cam pages for me, and let me know if Skandi 1 and/or Enterprise 1 loads up for you? I'd like to know if it's the feeds, or something on my end.

Higgin's Blog - Multi Feed
Sanara Creations Multi Feed

Thanks guys!

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

They use to check the BOP over top to bottom quite often throughout the day. I'm thinking they no longer want to broadcast video of them doing so any more because we will notice the big increase of methane hydrates now seeping up through the sediment down below all around the BOP and spreading out for gawd knows how far away. When I do noticed the ROVs getting near the sea floor, I see that they stir up a lot of those hydrates which are now pooling on the floor. A few days back I watched one of the ROVs cruise around down there probing the depth of those pools.

I've also noticed that a couple of the ROVs appear to be on full time methane patrol around that entire area and at variable depths. If you compare the video of the waters down there today to a month ago you can clearly see how saturated the water has become with methane. I think there may be a ship above that's patrolling around trying to find methane hot spots and are dropping buoys when they find them. Then the ROVs cruise out to those buoys to check things out, probing the depth of those pools, observing the clouds of methane and raining hydrates. From what I can see, I'm guessing there's about 6-8 inches of that crap now covering the sea floor all around that BOP.

In the beginning the ROVs would occasionally kick up actual sediment on the floor, and it looked dirty, as you would expect. Now when they get near the sea floor, it kicks up a white cloud of smoke .. methane.

BTW, the reason the BOP is leaning is that when the drilling rig exploded and sank, the connection from the BOP to the ship above was jolted about, and when that pipe broke and fell to the ground, it put a stress on the base of the BOP and caused it to bend. That's why it's tilting.

If you've been watching those ROVs since the beginning, you'll know how saturated the water has become and the sea floor has been covered with this methane hydrate stuff, and it without a doubt has become much much more worse.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I dont know about the other multi-feed pages but the BOP is clearly visible on the following link

http://(nolink)/bp-live-oil-spill-cam.html

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Someone posted this link in the thread JustMike pointed you to earlier in the week. I have been using it since, but as a just in case, I have several multifeed sites bookmarked. This one seems the most stable, IMO.

Multifeed Site

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Ceriddwen

Awesome! Thank you Creiddwen. That one appears to be working just fine for me. I greatly appreciate you contributing that link for me, and anybody else who may have been having trouble viewing those two I posted. I was starting to think it was something on my computer that was hindering me from viewing those 2 feeds. Apparently it wasn't. So, thanks again!

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
You are very welcome. JustMike and I are now videotaping Skandi 1 when it is on, thanks to (what is his name?) Divinorumus (had to go look at the other thread to get the name.) and his instruction on how to use the VLC player to do this. It is all in the other thread by JM, and it is not hard to do, once you read Divin's instructions.

Here is the link to that other thread. Long read, but will update anyone who isn't aware of all the stuff that has happened in the last few days.

Just Mike's thread

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Ceriddwen]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I think since they started using the LMRP the number of areas that need monitored has decreased, i think it is because they have to many ROVs down there now that they dont know what to do with them all.
However with the free standing risers and more equipment being used within the next few weeks i think we will see all the ROVs in use again.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

I can confirm that those feeds are working fine on those multi-feed page links you've posted. The only ones that are down are those that are known to be offline (the Viking feeds, usually). The Skandi and Ent 1 feeds are running.

So, it might be a technical glitch problem at your end, perhaps with your ISP or something like that.

Glad that you can view via the alternatives links provided.

Mike

[edit on 26/6/10 by JustMike]

top topics

join