It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Awe of Alien Technology

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by super genius

I'm Surprised that wasn't brought up more. As i I sit here typing the more I think about it the less likely I find it'll be For Mankind to make it that far. Great point. Between: oil, nukes, disease, environment, stupidity. We probably won't even come close.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
So, I was thinking about it, and maybe I came off too harsh in my last post without really explaining myself. So, TS, I made this graphic so you could understand where I'm coming from:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/33eb6d524a91.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Hilarious, Sir! Be happy, because you saved my day! ;-)

snd line

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
The pyramid positions on the ground are a aligned perfectly with the stars in the constellation Orion circa 10,400 B.C.
Pyramids Are thought by many to exist on Mars “Cyrodia” being the “Great Pyramid” of its own planet.
THESE Structures were of most importance to everyone in the world at time dating back thousands of years.
If the Great Pyramid structures encoded meaning /message if any at all, have vast implications that would require an ability to restructure the entire size and shape of the earth and stars, an ability we do not posses.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
just to complete

I forgot his name, but a scientist said (in the show, thought the wormhole with morgan freeman[ search that on youtube]) that processing power doubles every year, so, in a few years we would be able to simulate our universe ... and certainly our brain

so, he gave an example: he put a brain and a computer with a simulated brain in a box, and if you talked to the box and you couldnt identify if you were talking to a brain or a computer, then that would mean that we would be equal ...

in the future, we will have AI just like ours, we will be able to create robots, just like in the movie Surrogates and control them remotely, plus, we will be able to create virtual universes, so you can experience another life in a computer

maybe we will be able to transfer all your brain to a computer and your information would live forever ... but I dont know what this will mean in a "spiritual" sense

[edit on 26/6/10 by Faiol]

What you're talking about or more specifically what that scientist, Michio Kaku a physicist, was speaking about is called Moore's Law. To say that processing power doubles every year isn't exactly accurate. It says that the number of transistors that can be placed on an integrated circuit doubles almost every 2 years.

We have actually begun to exceed Moore's Law and current technology, more specifically the power of the integrated circuit, is soon to reach its maximum potential. Until we develop new reliable ways to create integrated circuits our technology is going to hit a brick wall and basically come to a stand still for some time.

This theory has been known for a very long time and which is why governments and scientist around the world have been pouring billions of dollars into R&D. More than likely computers and digital circuits are going to actually evolve into organically grown circuits, i.e. the human brain.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by zarlaan]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join