It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Awe of Alien Technology

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

THE POWER OF ALIEN AI???

[size=4A ]Are We A Simulation of ALIEN AI?.......a simple program?

Now before all the simple, single minded detractors scream, "How do you know

Aliens are more advanced then we are!?!?". Understand that as a society of space

travelers not yet even out of the womb we're basing this on the notion: That aliens (@ least those visiting earth) Have mastered space/time travel as they obviously have the ability to visit us. That's a power so awesome that our human brains literally struggle to comprehend it. Now, to our credit we've come a long way

in every technological aspect of our existence, so much so that i think we've lost site

of how enormous this surge we've had actually is. Look at the strives made in

technology..not in our past but what really is still our present. The World , as We

Know and study it. ...is but a newborn. 50 years ago now equates to 500 to our

ancestors. We've possessed our needed modern technologies for less than 3

lifetimes. Just think How short lived were the lives of our great inventions like

steamboats

and railroads. Think how much less you could relate to your great

grandfather than

he could relate to his great grandfather. We're growing faster in our abilities

than in

our intellect, not in our intellect to create but in our intellect's inability to

comprehend/understand/appreciate what we've engineered.

Look at computer

advances in only the last 22 years!! 1988 I sat in my third grade computer

class with a gray/black screen in front of me where I found the triangle (called a

turtle) that we were taught could move and draw shapes by following typed in

commands. 22years later I look at the computer in front of me and its current

countless functions and i think of the future.
1988-2010...what about the next

22 years? How about 50?

100? Imagine 500 years ago, an age of new ideas and explorations yet totally

foreign to our society today.....500 years is a long time

ago, sure, but we've studied Egypt, Rome and other civilizations back as far as we can

find and all through school we have connected and compared these dates of human

history.

We follow along

the time line of our ancestors and we've learned to comprehend a few

thousand years becoming smart enough to see just how small a piece of our history

500 years actually is. How about we Fast forward 500 years in the future. What will

our computers be capable of??? ..... Turtles to the PS3 in only 22years, we have

games and applications that are use to simulate created life. What could we do in

500years. What would a game like the SIMS or GTA be like? Well first you have to

think ahead of yourself. Any ideas whether by hollywood or science would already

be developed. What could we do? Now 500yrs is a lot. It's a long time but what

about 10,000 or 50,000 years? Could we?? Create a world like ours? A simulation of

beings? Do the math. If we increase our computers abilities only by 10% a year just

imagine what Godlike things could we do in a few thousand?!?!?!?!.......If Aliens have

the ability to travel to earth (also through time) which many readers of this thread

will believe myself included. What other powers could they possess? Could we be a

mere simulation of some far off super advanced species??........Why not? Are we real

or Alien programs? Are we

alive? Are we our Alien's , our "Grays" past selves. Their sight seeing joy rides?

Or

are they our counterpart, our rival in an another Alien/God's program?..........now before

you dismiss it just think to yourself and forecast .................what we will become of

our tech abilities in just 10, 20, or 50yrs???

[Mod Edit - All caps in title]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26/6/2010 by Sauron]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Assuming we're still in service, technology should continue to evolve. The limits of technology, assuming we continue on the pattern we've been on, are relatively mind-blowing.

Just imagining 100 years, or even 2000 years.

Imagine if we had the glorious opportunity of continuously advancing by leaps and bounds, like we have this past century, over a period of one million years.

Technology is a beautiful thing.

I've been embracing the abilities of my mind and study everyday, tons of things, for no other reason than just because.

And I've REALLY come to love the internet for the wealth of knowledge on sciences of all kinds. So many documents and lessons, so many things to learn. I wish I had more time ... I wish to become so learned.

One of my dreams is to be around when immortality becomes practical, so that I can become immortal; at least by aging standards ... and then proceed to spend my time learning all sorts of things and devoting my life to all sorts of careers that would lead to the expansion of technology and life.

If only~

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mazeofSiriusC

MazeofSiriusC.....

Ummm.....

I'm not quite with you there, mate.....

Could you just run that by me again?

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
There is a big problem with us knowing how advanced alien technology might be.

It our technology which is the problem.

We are basing our rate of technological increase and assuming it is equal to theirs.

How do we know that at this time alien cultures were FAR more advanced than ours?

We don't. We have been here for the blink of an eye, in the cosmic scale, and we are this advanced.

If aliens were much more successful at technological increases then we wouldn't be able to comprehend what they had if it they had been here just as long as we have, much less an alien race that is millions of years ahead of us.

We are on a biased system.

Let's try and change that.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
.........The "IDEA" is Not to Take a Side. but to Take a second to appreciate the Mind Bending possibilities. We've no knowledge of what Alien technology could do or not do. And my only "Basis" for seeing the Aliens as advanced to us was only in a situation where they came to Earth. An intergalactic traveling species is a well advanced one, far more than ours. Now if we are the explorers in future centuries, who knows what kind of alien life we would find, maybe uncivilized tribal nomad humanoids or Ewoks?!!? Its unknown and impossible for anyone to know but it certainly generates and encourages contemplative conversation, ...... But................................. there's something out there.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
its pretty obvious we are some kind of simulation, but we dont know in which lvl

we all are energy and we are a set of particles with just different information in it

so, in reality we dont exist, we are just information, we are just perception

but we dont know who created this "simulation", it could have been created by our "future selves", by "god", by some civilization trying to study life, our this may be the only "life" that exists, but its virtual life ...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Its a fascinating concept. Imagine on these "levels" we , all of infinite space. could exist on only one of an equally infinte number of levels

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
just to complete

I forgot his name, but a scientist said (in the show, thought the wormhole with morgan freeman[ search that on youtube]) that processing power doubles every year, so, in a few years we would be able to simulate our universe ... and certainly our brain

so, he gave an example: he put a brain and a computer with a simulated brain in a box, and if you talked to the box and you couldnt identify if you were talking to a brain or a computer, then that would mean that we would be equal ...

in the future, we will have AI just like ours, we will be able to create robots, just like in the movie Surrogates and control them remotely, plus, we will be able to create virtual universes, so you can experience another life in a computer

maybe we will be able to transfer all your brain to a computer and your information would live forever ... but I dont know what this will mean in a "spiritual" sense

[edit on 26/6/10 by Faiol]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Wow!!...Each year processing power Doubles!??!...... . The fact that this idea is already floating out there, "simulating our universe"...shows what incredible powers the future holds. (Surrogates was a very cool idea but a lousy movie.........same could be said about Stargate)

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Very inspiring post, thank you.

In 500 years we will be floating through the air when we go to town. Not with vehicles but with our bodies. We will be Sky Floating.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, mazeofSiriusC, and thanks for this inspiring thread!

First of all, you're totally right to be amazed of the way our technical development took in the last 50 years. I myself remember those days in the 80ies, when the PCs screens were gray or green. It was just some days ago, when I remembered my old math teacher who tried to enthuse us for the wild world of computers by letting us typing down many command lines, that finally resultated in the display of a perfect circle (if you didn't make a typo).

It didn't really impress me, because I thought: So much (programming) work for such little outcome. But somehow I felt, that indeed there was more to discover, and with the years passing by I saw the displays on the screens getting more and more impressive.

And today...

The development is indeed accelerating. And there's one word, that describes this development in a perfect (because of it's double meaning) way:

the development is awesome. In german, "awesome" means also "great" as it means "terrifying". It's as wonderful as scaring.

Funnily, in many religions, god is also described as "awesome".

So many thoughts in my head, so difficult to express. So many informations...

We're truly living in the information age, and sometimes, when I face the flood of informations, I sometimes fear to drown in it.

More than ever it's true: Knowledge is power. Soon there will be the first information wars. And the main goal of the combattants will be to disconnect their enemy from the flow of information, and more than ever this will cause greatest damages to the affected societies.

Just remember the beginnings of "Die Hard 4", when a group of criminal hackers created a great chaos by just disturbing the correct flow of information (producing the traffic chaos).

Just think about what happens, when suddenly the internet is gone...

Of course some people will feel no difference, especially the older ones or those living in rural areas.

But many many people will start feeling very uncomfortable.

You might laugh now, but I tell you this: The more we're used to the internet, it's services; the more it becomes a essential part of our daily routine, the more we'll get hit when it's gone.

Thinking about this, I just ask myself, what were the recent talkings about this new "red button" for the President of the United States? (www.techradar.com...)

But there's so much more to this topic:

mazeofSiriusC, you wrote of powers so awesome that our human brains literally struggle to comprehend it.

It was the german philosopher Günther Anders who created many decades ago (and in face of the development of the atomic bomb) the term "Promethean decline", with which he described man's disabillity to imagine what he's capable of.

And nowadays we're capable of far more things than in the days Anders created this term (although, the development of the atomic bomb indeed was a milestone. or a menetekel, as you like)

The development of the computer and the internet has a dramatic effect on our development. It's on future generations to decide, whether this effect was a good one.

Of course, if there will be future generations.

For a second time, Günther Anders:

"It does not suffice to change the world. We do that anyway. And to a large extent that happens even without our involvement. In addition we have to interpret this change. Precisely because to change it. That therefore the world does not change without us. And ultimately into a world without us."

mazeofSiriusC, you asked: "Are we our Alien's , our "Grays" past selves?"

This is a very remarkable question. What if if this is true.

Just now I remember something very disturbing.

In 1935, there was a german author named Paul Gurk. He lived in Berlin and saw the uprise of the Nazis. And in the face of that, he wrote a Dystopia, that is rather unknown today: "Tuzub 37 or - The Gray Race"

[edit on 26/6/10 by Peloquin]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Clean your OP for gods sake, the huge font size!

But yeah you got a good point about how quickly technology evolves, just look at aviation. We went from wooden propellers to 4 rolls royce turbine engines mounted to a 747.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Interesting concept; just how far advanced would aliens be?

The late, great Arthur C. Clark summed up our - and possibly their - technological advancement perfectly:

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

If we have learned one thing from the history of invention and discovery, it is that, in the long run - and often in the short one - the most daring prophecies seem laughably conservative.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
(continued from www.abovetopsecret.com...)

Paul Gurk's dystopia: "Tuzub 37 or the myth about the gray mankind or about the numer one" is the story of the transformantion of men into machines over a period of several thousand years.

In 1935 Gurk watched the rise of the Nazis and their effect they had on the german society, and he thought about what the future would be like. In the face of the machine-like character of the Nazi-regime, he came to the conclusion, that the development of men finally would lead to a transformation of humans into machines, and so he wrote a dystopia, in which this transformation nearly was completed.

"In the future world of the last men, the agenda of the ruling powers is to reduce all the uncontrollable characteristics of life and nature to the mathematical concrete and to return it finally to the number 1. To keep control over every activity in the world, everything differing from the norm, everything individual, coincidence and finally life itself gets eleminated. The plan is about the development of mechanical men to human machines to ultimately the mechanical machine. Meanwhile, the remaining imponderabilities like the mountains and the sea get abolished. As a symbol of this evolution, a giant tower called Tuzub 37 (an analogy to the tower of Bable) gets build on the flattened leftovers of the Himalaya, while the last poet in the panopticon of the last living things is waiting for his conversion into the state of the anorganic."

Finally, nature strikes back, and the gray race vanishes to make place for the triumphal return of life.

The disturbing thing is... many accounts of encounters with Grays report of warnings by the Grays, that we should care for our nature, and if we failed to do this, we'd have to pay a bitter fee:

www.youtube.com...

(excerpt from "Experiencers". John Mack interviewing several school children in Zimbabwe who had close enconters with Grays)

What if Gurk foresaw the future and his story of the gray mankind was in fact the story of them...

what if they're back in our time, because they regret bitterly

what we have done...

Aren't we humans ourselves awesome?

See, how we replenished the earth, and subdueed it.

Watch the oil spill...

Our plan is in progress, the sea is going to die.

Now let's flatten the earth!

[edit on 26/6/10 by Peloquin]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Star and Flag, good post and deep thoughts, friend. I too am old enough to remember back when and see how things have changed. I was in the car business, and I saw very simple machinery turn into complex computer driven technology in the past 25 years. The sad thing is cars no longer have a personality, the lady like lines and gleaming chrome are all gone now. In fact, some cars now look like UFO craft. Coincidence? I wonder.

I too happen to think that even we of the human race are rapidly evolving, (sorry, Christians, it's true) we are "becoming." Our DNA is growing new strands, and many are finding the Divine within themselves, rather than outside of themselves. It is clear to me that the human race is a race of God and Goddesses, spiritually speaking. Together, we are most powerful, and TPTB/Draco know that. They keep us dumbed down so that we cannot interact or use telepathy, but that is even coming back to us, all by itself. How many of you recently read the thoughts of another, and perhaps said the words the other was thinking? This has happened to me, and several experiments with far away friends has proved it out, at least for me and the friends involved, telepathy is a very real thing. It will soon come to all that accept it, be beware, medical doctors for years has told us that voices in one's head is a sign of mental illness. Remember, a mind is like unto a parachute... it works only when opened.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I believe that we already have the physics for lightspeed, or near to it, travel at our disposal, the problem is our ability in engineering terms , to realise that mathematics on the physical level.
For a start there are several great ideas from prominent physicists as to how to achieve star travel, some even having a basic idea for a craft design to boot, however although possibly sound, until our material and financial abilities catch up to our mental prowess, there will be no examination of the theories in real terms, so the argument could be considered moot. But it isnt, its very much relavent. Because we are only one or two , what I call moments of accelerated understanding away from the breakthroughs that could allow us super luminal travel, we must shy away from too much assumption about the amount of time other races have developed thier abilities in this feild. Lets face it , if a bunch of dung throwing monkeys are only a few steps off breaking the lightspeed barrier, then what could that mean for our perceptions of the speed at which evolution has affected other races?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Great point(s) whenever that kind of speed is considered we know more and more about time travel and the time/space theory. I thinks its very likely that its all one race of beings spreading through time and space once in a while they cross over and you get the sightings we hear of everyday

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
With regards to advances in technology, I think the greatest example is how we listen to music, view our movies, etc.

Think of it - when I was a kid in the 80's, cassette tapes were the in and 8-tracks were on the out. And in just a few short years, we went from cassette tapes to CDs, and from CDs to MP3 players...and just think where we will be within the next twenty years.

It amazes me that as a civilization we've mastered the art of digital in, what, less than 20 years? Sure, these technologies have been tinkered and toyed with throughout this time period, but just think of how long it took us to go from analog to digital television service...Either we're just that boss awesome, or we've had help from an outside source.

Just my two cents.

- Fry

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
For the love of God, what's with your love of huge font size? Are you yelling at us? Give it a rest, not every browser and OS is the same and you're jumbling the text together making it extremely hard to read for a lot of people.

Seriously, calm the F down and just put your words on the screen. If you want to emphasize something, feel free to put it in bold or italics, stay away from the huge font size since it makes it seem like I'm talking to a kindergartener.

Don't take offense to this post, just realize you've made the OP really hard to follow along and that pisses a lot of people off.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
humans are too violent, greedy, and stupid to make it 10000 more years.
our technology has raped the planet in the last 150 years, it will be much worse before it gets a chance to get much better.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join