It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are Kerry's issues and how will he acheive them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
All I hear Kerry and his party do is critisize everything, but I really don't know what HIS plan is. Oh, sure, he say's he'll do this and that (which changes from audiance to audiance) but never says HOW he will acheive it. It's really tough to decide on who to vote for when there is no vision. As for Bush, his policies are harsh and direct, but I do feel he says what he means and means what he says. Now, you may not like it but at least he has a vision. So at least you can choose not to vote for him because you know what he stands for and how he'll do it (like it or not).

Also, for the record, I think all political parties with power are selfserving and evil, in all countries. Always were and always will be. Power does that to people. Also, bad things like prisoners being torchured, big corporate deals, and other things that are constantly being brought up have always happened and always will no matter if Bush or Kerry are in the office. It's the way it is, everywhere on the planet. But I also feel that too many people are sheep and are so biased to their political party that they forget the whole picture, it's people like you and me that are being used and manipulated. We should not let them break us apart, because on the most part, we are going to be here long after they come and go and we will need to make choices in the future on picking the best person for the job, not the one who is in our political party!

I wish we could vote non-of-the-above and choose new candidates. We should vote for the person and vision not the party. Then maybe we would have more control (we the common person) and not be forced to vote for who the established in power give us to choose from.

Don't be a sheep or a pawn, think for yourselves.

Sorry, this became more of a rant then a question, but can anyone explain my first thought about what and how will Kerry do if president? I still haven't been able to figure that out.

As it stands now I may vote Libertarian?!?

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I agree Kerry doesn't have much if any vision, but I prefer him over Bush, who in my opinion has an evil vision. Bush lies as well, and is very secretive. Kerry is just like a shadow who will be picked because he isn't Bush. Bush's 2000 vision was to bring the country together and look what happened. I'm an American and I love the country, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with his policies.
But anyway, I think Kerry will just ride the waves of the Anti-Bush fanatacism.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I have to agree with Jamuhn, Kerry may not have a clear enough agenda but he right now looks a lot better than Bush, we already had experience Bush agenda, and we are paying for his mistakes.

At least Kerry have not make any yet, in this administration I mean.

[edit on 13-6-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
But what if Kerry wins because he's "not Bush" and then the real him shows through and his policies are even worse? We can only blame ourselves if that happens, because we were manipulated by politics. I think Kerry's party, and all of the people that stand blindly behind him should demand to know what he will do if he takes office. How can someone vote for him if they don't know what they are voting for? That scares me more than poeple voting for Bush because thay like what he stands for. Something has to change with the way people are so easily led in this country, in both parties.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I always say to go with the evil you know versus the evil you don't. Bush isn't perfect, but at least I know where I stand with him.
Kerry has no concrete agenda, cuz he can't get off the fence.
But, he DOES have ISSUES, and I don't think America needs to have him as our leader

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
You ask a very important question. Will Preident Kerry be able to build concensus? Will Congress just divide along party lines as has been it's way soooo... often of late? I don't know. I do know that every "vote of concience" whether it be Libertarian or Green, will be a vote for the status quo. Our two party system stinks! Choice is laughable!

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by scottsquared
You ask a very important question. Will Preident Kerry be able to build concensus? Will Congress just divide along party lines as has been it's way soooo... often of late? I don't know. I do know that every "vote of concience" whether it be Libertarian or Green, will be a vote for the status quo. Our two party system stinks! Choice is laughable!

You got that right! I seems noone makes decisions on their own. From their own research. I bet if Michael Moore were on the ticket, he'd be 20 points above Bush. People form their opinions for the wrong reasons, and most couldn't even explain why! Ignorance is a scary thing. Your "Vote of Concience" comment is correct, If enough were to make one of the other parties win a term, maybe the Rep and Dem parties would straighten up. It would take a message like that to show that the party who wants to win must do what it's citizens want and not what they can do to manipulate enough to win by a narrow margin. Libertarian is looking better and better everyday, even if some of their views on certain issues are a bit hard to swallow.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I'll vote libertarian for sure. Not so much because I think they have a shot in hell at winning, (although i think it would be great if they did) but maybe this way it will take enough votes away from republicans that they'll realize that expansion in government will cost them votes and possibly an election.

new topics

top topics

join