It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is our Problem ..I think

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I think we should give this object to Mexico,or No Korea ,or I dunno some bad place we don't like

The Hope Diamond

Became the property of The People of the United States of America in 1958

ever since then we stared to go to hell in a hand Basket ,now I'm not the throw salt over your shoulder type as a general rule. But well I posted the history here and this thing is bad JUJU for some real reason

if we don't get rid of it we're toast

that's my story and I'm sticking to it

any thoughts opinions? Jokes ? Derision?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I am not all that familiar with the curse of the Hope Diamond, but I am all to familiar with the curse of hope, when this is all I have to offer in the way of financial stability. It does not make me to popular with the ladies, living on a prayer, because after all, diamonds are girls best friend.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

haha well not this one!! If it was mine to bestow I would do what the last owner did and give the damned thing away to anyone who would take it!!!

[edit on 6/26/2010 by MrsBlonde]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
1958 eh, wasn't obama born shortly after that?

voodoo!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Uh oh. The Illuminati are not going to like this. We get rid of the hope diamond, there goes the gravy. What will they do?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Umm. Come to think of it, yeah, if the legend of the `curse` is true, then America is better off returning the STOLEN property to the `deity`.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Nah they'd still have the "star of the west" a diamond that weighs in at about 90 carats and the "star of the south" that's a measly 30 some odd carats.
I had the chance to see the hope diamond a couple of times at the smithsonian. I'm a little sensitive to energy, and it took me almost an hour to feel "normal" after being around this stone for about 15 minutes.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
Umm. Come to think of it, yeah, if the legend of the `curse` is true, then America is better off returning the STOLEN property to the `deity`.

Well we'd have to find the other 60 carats that have been shaved off over the years during the various cuttings.

If I was an indian idol I'd be pissed if some jerk stole my 100+ carat blue diamond too!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
azrael36 I'd so love to hear more detail about that encounter.at this point the Pissed off God is of no interest to me just finding the Patsy to unload it on!

that and how to get it away from it's current keepers and or convince The current PTB that giving and or selling it would be a huge blow to the Psyche of the American People ,then they would give it to some Dictator somewhere

because they would think it would hurt us! see where I'm going with this?

[edit on 6/26/2010 by MrsBlonde]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Find some third world totally impoverished nation, and then we would be doing charity work. Plus if said nation was doing so bad, how much worse could it really get?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
The universe is nothing if not ironic.

Maybe it should be called the Hopeless Diamond and thrown into the nearest volcano.

Because hope is something that encourages humans when all else has failed.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

OOOOOO I love it throw it in a volcano kinda like the ring of power in Lord of the Rings

Honestly do you know that this monster glows ORANGE in the dark for like twenty minutes or so? Yarg!!!

Should I go on the Petition Site and start a petition to destroy the Hope Diamond?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
...the usofa was on the wrong path long before 1958 and long before the hope diamond was discovered... the value of diamonds is based upon lies... one of the biggest lie being "a diamond is a girls best friend"... that was a brilliant marketing technique but, still, evil to the core...

video.google.com...#

Google Video Link

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

I feel ya ,the tragedy that is diamond mining is a nightmare we don't seem to be able to wake up from

this thread is tongue in cheek ,though I can't see a downside to giving the Hope to some enemy as a gesture of 'friendship" and good will

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I'm not one to believe in curses... but I don't deny they might exist either.

As for diamonds, I am surely interested.
It is my belief that the moment we discovered how to create diamonds in a laboratory, the value fell through the floor, giving rise to the need to instil into the public belief system diamonds continued value (however false).

Some points of interest I have heard along the way...

The first synthetic diamond was made from peanut butter because when burnt, peanut butter produces more carbon than most other things.

It did'nt take nearly as much temperature and pressure as thought to make those first diamonds.

The first synthetic diamonds were actualy "flakes" or "chips" imbeded in a piece of charcoal.

Diamonds are so dense, the speed of light passing through them slows by almost half.

Take an ordinary torch and heat a diamond to around 2000 degrees F. , then drop it into a dish of liquid nitrogen and it will vaporize.
(the extreme temperature difference allows the nitrogen to bond to the carbon and produce... ... ? (realy I forget))

Perhaps we should vaporize the Hope diamond. Just be sure not to breathe the fumes.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Tyler 720

HAHAHAHA! Tyler720 yer killing me! what a wacky bunch of info you've thrown at us here!!!

How is Peanut butter like a diamond?

vaporizing a diamond 101!

you Rock Socks my friend! star of course!

the the Hope is made of Boron a very poisonous heavy metal > why it is blue

I did know about diamonds trapping light weird ,but true

haha love your post

so I break into the Smithsonian with a canister of liquid nitrogen! That shall be my new plan!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I truly believe that one is cursed if they believe in curses. I do not believe in such a thing. I do, however, believe that people make bad decisions every day and can by not denying ignorance make a civilization go to 'hell in a hand basket' as you said. Others may believe what they want, but for me, humans make mistakes.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Entropie

me too.

I guess what I'm saying is why oh why with a majority of people simply well intentioned and wanting to live in peace do we end up in the pickle we are in now?

so Many voices for sanity and yet insanity is the order of the day and coupled with so much disaster?

it SEEMS like a curse

I blame the diamond

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Never heard of it before, But you never know, I do believe in Karma though, It eventually comes back and bit's you, the old Chaos theory, lol. Great post
Take care

Love and peace

Rick

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Hi MrsBlonde,

Yeah, destroy the Hopeless diamond!

Go Go Go!

join