It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tropical Depression 1 forms in Western Caribbean

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Tropical Depression 1 forms in Western Caribbean

www.weather.com

"The first tropical depression of the Atlantic hurricane season has formed in the western Caribbean. The Eastern Pacific also remains active with two hurricanes--Celia and Darby."

"The Hurricane Hunters discovered an organized area of low pressure in the western Caribbean during a reconnaissance mission on Friday afternoon that was organized enough to be classified as a tropical depression. As of 11 p.m. Eastern Time Friday, T.D. 1 was located about 255 miles east-southeast of Belize City."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Novastar824]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Below is a link to the NOAA forecast path for the storm.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

The forecast path takes it into the western part of the Gulf of Mexico as a tropical storm around Monday. I'm not to familiar with how this storm will affect currents and waves throughout the Gulf, but if it is close enough, I guess it's possible that waves coming from the storm will push oil further into the Gulf State beaches.

www.weather.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Novastar824]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
God here comes the worst case scenario for the oil spill. I remember hearing about the possibility of a hurricane hitting new orleans just before the season started and then katrina came along. This is very bad ju ju and I think now at the worst possible time, storm forcasters are going to be right on the amount of storms.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Yeh, from my recollections of living in Florida, this is pretty early in the season to be getting action. There is another possible storm brewing east of the Leeward Islands too. It will be an interesting year for sure.

top topics

join