It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Icke's "MOON MATRIX" - Why am I NOT being affected?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
At David Icke's website for his books, the promo for "Human Race Get off Your Knees - The Lion Sleeps No More" you can read the following:

His most staggering revelation is that the Earth and the collective human mind is manipulated from the Moon, which, he says, is not a ‘heavenly body’, but an artificial construct – a gigantic ‘spacecraft’ (probably a hollowed-out 'planetoid') – which is home to the extraterrestrial group that has been manipulating humanity for aeons.

He describes what he calls the ‘Moon Matrix’, a fake reality broadcast from the Moon which is decoded by the human body/mind in much the same way as portrayed in the Matrix movie trilogy. The Moon Matrix has ‘hacked’ into the human ‘body-computer’ system, he says, and it is feeding us a manipulated sense of self and the world 24/7.

Well, if our body/mind is being manipulated, why aren't I being affected? I do not feel that anything or anyone is controlling me. I'm 100% my own master and I live my life strictly under my control of making decisions from the moment I get up until I go to bed. I'm a natural skeptic because I require evidence for any claim and I'm an atheist because I was never mentally-conditioned and I've educated myself regarding religion.

I do not see any effects upon me and follow my own hunches. I make my own mistakes. Did those controlling us, as Icke claims, make my bicycle's rear wheel derailleur lock up and make me go over the handlebars and land on my face doing damage? What would have been the purpose of such? Why didn't they do it when I was going down a hill at top speed and got killed?

How is it that earthlings go through all kinds of daily experiences that do not show any kind of control for any purpose? Where does Icke get these ideas? How is he privvy to the kind of information that seems to influence his claims?

He is coming to NYC in October and he is going to speak for 8 hours but in order to hear him you'lll have to pay $60 or $70. Would you pay it? There must be enough who would say yes as I don't think he is going to speak to an empty house.

But how weird does one have to get to be like him?

Would those on the Moon allow me to post this?

[edit on 26-6-2010 by The Shrike]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
While I've never heard of this guy isn't anything substantial when compared to the rest of our more traditionall or accepted thought and ideas? Think of this: we can't control. 1. Our will to procreate. 2. Our will for knowledge. 3. We, who are so advanced, can't perform but one third of a 24 hour cycle without requiring sleep. I could keep going (and i'm not agreeing or disagreeing just looking) but i think the point is made

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

You are not being manipulated, your perception of reality is being manipulated.

I.E. If you think you are in control it is merely the illusion granted to you by the "matrix". You can't prove it wrong without going to the moon and drilling a hole from one side to the other. Cultish, most religions employ similar logic in their beliefs.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

The Shrike.....

I agree!

Icke is an appalling con artist & hoaxer who does not care who he damages as he seeks attention & fame & income.

Here is my new thread to that effect that I established last night, which you might find an interesting & useful complement to the info in your thread.

David Icke…..Ufology’s Worst Ambassador

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I think he's a conniving SOB. He's nailed his market demographic and loots the subject for ideas. Basically...he's stealing the ideas of others and selling them.

I mean, 'artificial moon' and our being controlled from the Moon? These notions are threadbare and older than Icke. They've been trotted out for decades. Has the guy had an original idea?

I see him as a nasty piece of work and a very dark character. Going around calling people perverts and murderers is fairly detestable. Making money from those accusations is sickening.

The sad fact that Icke is alive and thriving is proof, to me, that his tales are all BS and lies. He's a total anus!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Okay, instead of bashing Icke, take it for what it is. I loved the man for open my mind and letting it spill out.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I find myself rolling my eyes anytime Icke is mentioned, but I also believe that the greatest sign of intelligence is the ability to entertain notions that one does not believe in or have no basis in fact... With that in mind:

First: Proper manipulations... are not noticed :p

Second: Confirmation Bias-we see things that confirm what we already believe and discount all contrary information. To counter this you have to focus on falsifying everything you believe. Only through proper and rigid skepticism can facts and truth properly be found.

Third: If something HAS been going on since birth. Then it would be undetectable to the target: It is all that has ever been known.

Even so.. no proof at all for this and profound claims require profound evidence and all that.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

While I agree with what is being said so far I also have to add my opinion, well, because I want to =-).

I can't agree with what Icke says, nor can I disagree with much of it becuase I can't prove otherwise. I do like listening to him however, and the reason is simple in my case.

It is not because I believe what he says to be true, but becuase such outlandish thoughts get my mind working and thinking of all the different possibilities in life. That there are so many different ways to look at life and all the different things that could be possible is a great break from the mundane. Before listening t such ideas from people I was really asleep and truly a sheep. Now knowing that everything isn't so cut and dry I am much more open minded.

I do feel empathy for those who are sucked in completely and jump blindly aboard the Icke bandwagon, to be in a group of such peers and waste months or years of their lives chasing someting that can be neither proven or dis-proven. It allows him to spin the web however he wants, knowing only he has to say it and his followers - or fans - will believe and buy it.

It would be great for someone who has such outlandish claims to have proof, any type of proof for that matter. I am sure we, here at ATS, could sit around in a think tank and come up with some serious mind screws, then sale it to an oblivous public. We don't, because we lack the drive or motivation he does to tell such things - whatever that drive or motivation be.

It might be worth the $60 in entertainment value, but not for a serious conference or lecture.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by thaknobodi
Okay, instead of bashing Icke, take it for what it is. I loved the man for open my mind and letting it spill out.

I was wondering what that was I stepped on. Well, you know where the mop and the bucket are!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

I.E. If you think you are in control it is merely the illusion granted to you by the "matrix". You can't prove it wrong without going to the moon and drilling a hole from one side to the other. Cultish, most religions employ similar logic in their beliefs.

Bingo. and one can only act, react, interact to the information they can receive. Wonder how all of us would behave if they powered it down and we could receive the raw data as it really is not how they want us to see it

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11

Originally posted by eNumbra

Bingo. and one can only act, react, interact to the information they can receive. Wonder how all of us would behave if they powered it down and we could receive the raw data as it really is not how they want us to see it

No Bingo here! I manipulate my reality. I am aware of almost all possibilities and I choose. My world is my own creation. I don't have choices, I make]/u] my choices.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
that is totaly rubbish every one knows the moons made of cheese

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

I agree with a lot of your points and appreciate the reasonable way you've presented them.

I guess the hardest thing for me to accept about Icke is his purported world-view. As you point out, it can't really be disproved. From my point of view, it can be fairly dismissed by a little rational thinking. I don't believe for a minute the world is under the control of any ancient elite...even less a child-abusing, satanic blood ritual-elite. The whole premise seems ridiculous to me. It's an awful narrative that reads like bad fiction.

Your point about reading Icke for ideas without subscribing to them is interesting. I hadn't considered that before. It often seems to be a for/against discussion when Icke is mentioned. I think you're the first guy to be reasonable and rational in support of Icke. I'm impressed!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
david icke is an idiot

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Well, if our body/mind is being manipulated, why aren't I being affected? I do not feel that anything or anyone is controlling me. I'm 100% my own master and I live my life strictly under my control of making decisions from the moment I get up until I go to bed.

Do you work for a boss? Do you pay taxes? Are you a registered citizen? Do your kids go to school? Did you go to school as a kid?

You have been manipulated since birth, off course you don't "feel" it. It's your normal life.

The biggest slave is one that thinks he's free.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
So, we are all controlled by the Moon...... that would would make us Lunar tics.

Although I haven't been "into Icke" for a while now, I will admit him opening my mind..... and letting some fresh air in.
His ideas have good substance but he takes you too far, and before you know it, you're hunting for Fairies in the Garden so to speak, and slowly, as the years pass, his faithful followers are subject to crazier ideas..... well that's what I've noticed by switching off to him for a while..... he's gone from Illuminati to Morpheus

I'll take the Black Pill thanks.... taste like Licorice

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mazeofSiriusC

I can go for 72 hours without sleep and remain a minimum of ninety five percent of my normal effeciency and alertness. Need for sleep is merely conditioning. The human body can actualy go much further on less sleep than many people are aware of.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

Oh gee, I'm sorry Point of no return, I just looked at your Avatar and noticed the word Tic...... I hope you don't think I was revering to you

I've put my foot in it again...... but it wasn't my fault, it's the Moon!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Village Idiot

Lol, I was wondering if you were, for a minute, I didn't understand what you meant.

Now I see, Lunartics, lol.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Village Idiot

Your post made me think of the origine of the word "lunatic", and it's pretty interesting.

The ancient Romans believed that the moon goddess created crazy people. Thus the use of her name to describe those gone “loco”.

www.smarttechwriting.com...

Off course, it is often said that the moon has its effect on people, and it does make you think with regards to the OP.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join