It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "My Favorite UFO Video" Thread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitotsumami
www.youtube.com...

Here is one of my favorites. Has this one ever been proven as a hoax?

Hitotsumami.....

Yes.....

That has been shown to be a CGI hoax, as per previous threads on ATS.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
@ maybe

Ah, I did an abovetopsecret search with the youtube title, and I was unable to find any threads about it. Thank you very much for the information! I will now disregard the video.

However, it will now be my favorite hoax video, haha.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Hitotsumami]

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Hitotsumami]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrUnkown
www.youtube.com...

MrUnknown.....

That video has been proven to be aircraft on approach to an aiport & as such, an intentional hoax.

If you use the ATS search feature, you will find extensive information, analysis & discussion pertaining to this case.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

When I say "covered up" I mean why do things like this fall into obscurity and not stay in the general population's mind or in the media?

Also, about the video in the OP, how does NASA release stuff like this if they are supposedly part of TPTB, if they doctor photos to allegedly hide ufos/et moon artifacts/etc.?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeminiSky
This is one of the best videos that to this date HAS NOT BEEN DEBUNKED.
IMO this is one of the genuine irrefutable videos on the net.

GeminiSky.....

That has been shown to be a balloon, many times previously on ATS.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e279d937df35.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dlifesjrny
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

That's the same video I opened the thread with. I'm glad someone else likes it as much as I do!

Dlifesjrny.....

Teslaandlyne walks his own path!

Regarding the video you 1st posted, I also view that one as the typical lunaincognita "hodge podge" of poorly analysed & validated material.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

Yigsstarhouse…..

This one has always been one of my Favorites. I think it is pretty cool how all the lights come together. There are two parts, but I think part one is the best. This is from Pakistan.
Ufos come together in formation Pakistan

Unfortunately, I’m sure also been shown to be a CGI hoax.

If I get time, I’ll try to find more info about that for you.

The second video is another favorite, not sure if it was debunked to hoax, but sure impressive footage imho. This is the footage of the moon in Spain when all the formations appear.
Formations around the Moon in Spain

Unfortunately, that is definitely a hoax, as per a number of previous threads on ATS.

That video has been posted on YT by a few different people over time, claiming it was from the UK, Japan, etc…

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I always liked Greifswald phenomenon with multiple witnesses, and I have no idea what these may be..

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 26-6-2010 by deccal]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Regarding the video you 1st posted, I also view that one as the typical lunaincognita "hodge podge" of poorly analysed & validated material.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Does that mean you think that video is largely not "real ufos"?

Most of it, not all, seems compelling. I'm ok with things being debunked, I just am unaware of the status of the footage in that particular video.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Cole DeSteele

Cole DeSteele…..

My second favorite...the tether incident STS - 75 (long version)
www.youtube.com...
I know, I know...just still on the fence with that...

I’ve spent countless hours over several years on that one.

I started off thinking it was UFO’s as in aliens.

Now I know it is a camera effect…..I can explain everything in it.

Favorite: Nellis ( a short version)
www.youtube.com...

Now you’re talking!

That’s a fascinating video & 1 of the extremely rare UFO videos that withstands a reasonable level of scrutiny.

Here’s a link to my own thread about that one.

Revisiting The 1994 Nellis Air Force Base UFO Video

ETA: Honorable Mention: T&L's video - the clip beginning at 2:16.
www.youtube.com...

That has been shown to be a water droplet inside the craft.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Dear Maybe,

As anyone can clearly see, there are several flaws in your balloon theory.

1. The UFO in the video has no balloon like attributes. It does not sway from the wind, has no bobbing or weaving as a tethered balloon would have. The UFO exhibits a smooth flight characteristics and a smooth wobble free DESCENT that looks to be intelligently controlled. The UFO also moves forward and closer to the camera, how would this be achieved with a balloon given the terrain below? (Steep cliff, Valley)

2. As everyone can clearly see the UFO in the video looks NOTHING like your "Skylark Balloon" The UFOs outer edges are slightly pointed downward and it has a more bulbous body that bears almost no resemblance to this balloon.

Please provide evidence that the UFO in question has been proven without a doubt to be a balloon. I will be glad to take a look at it. If I am wrong, then so be it, however I have not seen any irrefutable evidence that this video is a hoax.

How big would a balloon have to be to resemble the UFO in the video?

Where would a person have to be standing to reel in this balloon, in the middle of a rocky cliff that most likely has a steep angle going into a deep valley?

Would they be using a power winch attached to a truck parked in the middle of an almost vertical cliff?

Please show me evidence where a lighter than air un-manned balloon can DESCEND in a controlled and wobble free manner while moving forward at the same time.

I find it interesting how you could not back up your balloon theory for this video in my Jaime Maussan thread, and have returned here to post an absurd balloon explanation.

Thank you for yet another failed attempt at debunking my videos.

--GeminiSky

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitotsumami
@ maybe
Ah, I did an abovetopsecret search with the youtube title, and I was unable to find any threads about it. Thank you very much for the information! I will now disregard the video.
However, it will now be my favorite hoax video, haha.

Hitotsumami.....

Am I a "wet blanket" or what?

I'll see if I can find the threads about it.

As you can see, the problem is the thread titles can be so hard to find!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
By the way, is this video somehow explained? www.youtube.com...

(sorry for stupid music on the video, but couldn't fins something else).

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

lol Maybe, I don't think you are a wet blanket, it is good to have someone around to point out the discrepancies.

With that in mind, what do you think of this video. Nice it was caught from two different angles I thought.

This is the video of a craft spewing multiple orbs from both ends, from 2 different angles.

I know Jamie M. isn't very popular around here, but the footage is nice I think.

Craft spewing orbs?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by yigsstarhouse

lol Maybe, I don't think you are a wet blanket, it is good to have someone around to point out the discrepancies.
With that in mind, what do you think of this video. Nice it was caught from two different angles I thought.
This is the video of a craft spewing multiple orbs from both ends, from 2 different angles.
I know Jamie M. isn't very popular around here, but the footage is nice I think.
Craft spewing orbs?

Yigsstarhouse.....

Aaaahhhhhhh........that crazy video.....

To state what I guess is the obvious:

It could be CGI.....

It could be a kite / balloon type object that is perhaps part of an accidental incident or an intentional hoax.....

Or it could be an "unknown".

Without clearer video footage, we'll never know.

Now, that clearer video is available, but Maussan hasn't released it.

I suspect he hasn't released it because the clearer video shows it is something "prosaic". However, that is conjecture on my part.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dlifesjrny

Dlifesjrny.....

When I say "covered up" I mean why do things like this fall into obscurity and not stay in the general population's mind or in the media?

I guess that sort of thing stays in the minds of some people & not others.

Also, about the video in the OP, how does NASA release stuff like this if they are supposedly part of TPTB, if they doctor photos to allegedly hide ufos/et moon artifacts/etc.?

I'm not sure NASA is doing that in the sense that you suggest, albeit NASA does "doctor" some photos for reasons which have been discussed threads during the past 6-12 months.

If you can point me to some specific examples that you have in mind, I'll see if I can add comment, direct you to info & discussion, etc...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Face it, some UFO videos just cannot be debunked and called a balloon.

Every one of us knows the truth, the kind of truth that is instinctual and inside us all. This is not a matter of wanting to believe, but its also not a matter of applying Occams razor to every single piece of evidence, and making laughable attempts at debunking them.

Why some people continue to push their absurd theory's is beyond me. One thing ive come to understand is even if you end up feeding the trolls, theres still a big chance of food poisoning.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by GeminiSky]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeminiSky
Face it, some UFO videos just cannot be debunked and called a balloon.
Every one of us knows the truth, the kind of truth that is instinctual and inside us all. This is not a matter of wanting to believe, but its also not a matter of applying Occams razor to every single piece of evidence, and making laughable attempts at debunking them.
Why some people continue to push their absurd theory's is beyond me. One thing ive come to understand is even if you end up feeding the trolls, theres still a big chance of food poisoning.

GeminiSky.....

I am going to take a WILD guess that your post was directed at me.

some UFO videos just cannot be debunked and called a balloon

I agree with that!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

My previous post before that one, which you seem to have missed, was directed at you. I am waiting for concrete evidence that the UFO in that video was a balloon.

Please scroll up and read my post in order to formulate a reply.

As for my most recent post, it was about clueless debunkers in general.

If you feel that you resonate with that and feel you are a part of that group of individuals, then yes you can say that it was directed to you as well.

--GeminiSky

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

GeminiSky.....

If you feel that you resonate with that and feel you are a part of that group of individuals, then yes you can say that it was directed to you as well.

I have responded to you politely throughout this thread.

Therefore I feel you have just taken a "cheap shot" at me.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join