It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video game TV channel G4TV does what the MSM can't do

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
He was able to report this to a much greater extent because he is not seen as a threat by the corporations who control the MSM. They aren't allowed to touch this oil spill with a 10 ft pole, but they didn't expect a video game spokesman to go get the news there. Brilliant!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Video Game Channel... wow. Pardon my ignorance as we just don't watch tv anymore and haven't for years now, but is it literally a channel or just a show. I thought it was a show, God please don't tell me we have a whole channel on just video games.
It's pretty amazing they they covered the oil spill at all really though considering the clampdown BP has on the media outlets. I read here recently that there was a pretty horrific show in Austraila something akin to '60 Minutes' that did a show on it and it got pulled. Holes in the boat?

Edit:
Jesus there really is a Video Game channel. There's something kinda sad about that.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by twitchy]

Jesus you really just made that post. There's something kinda sad about that.

They have sports channels now too. Crazy, I know!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
c'mon...we live in a corporate controlled country...what? you expect the "small" people to have a say? you can't have the "small" people affecting corporate profits. geez...i don't understand why nobody realizes this, afterall, this has been going on for decades.

if i lived down in the gulf states, i would have already sold my home, and other assets, and moved to a different part of the country. the size and scope of this disaster, and the looming long term affects on the people of that region will never be fully known. a wish in one hand, and hope in the other is what those people have left...good luck with that.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
reply to post by Magnivea

It's sad because about 300 million Americans spend about 30 hours a week average watching crap like video game channels and yeah cooking shows and news commentaries and talent competitions and soap operas and made for television dramas and ludicrous mind numbing crap like Jack Ass, then they wonder why their politicians get away with crimes and why their high schoolers can't pass a fourth grade history exam from twenty years ago. Watch somebody watch tv sometime...
If you have that 30 hours to watch tv, spend three minutes of it watching this...
www.youtube.com...

Sorry, a little off topic

But I think I can make it relevant... 300 million americans, 30 hours a week, that's 9,000,000,000 9 BILLION man hours we could be spending kicking people like BP's asses.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by twitchy]

Crap like video game channels? I watch G4tech Tv. in 24 hours, there is about ... 3 hours that deal with video game news, and its more developer and company news then just randomly playing video game trailers. The rest of the 21 hours is new technology for the tech orientated individual.

I consider sports channels more appalling then a "video game channel".

for your daily viewing pleasure, for those who miss the time when they could run around the block and not get winded 30 metres in.

sports
beer commercial
sports
sports
beer commercial
sports
beer commercial

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I usually make fun of G4 for not showing videogames and only showing cops and outrageous behavior. However, I will think twice before doing so again. This report has shown me more than CNN has ever attempted to. Good job G4

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
If the cost of the clean up and claims don't bankrupt BP, they, and all the other oil companies, charge to much for gas.

Which, we already know, they do.

I have zero confidence in BP's effort or the federal government's involvement. Democrat, Republican; it's irrelevant.

If it will eat through a boat, it will eat through you.

We are on our own.

Anyway, that's my rambling rant.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I have a whole new respect for that guy. I haven't lived in a house with cable for a couple years so it's rare for me to catch AOTS but this is one of the best videos I've seen yet. The fact it was aired on television makes it better as well as some of the couch potatoes who would normally ignore this were exposed.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
To all the naysayers commenting on the fact that their shocked that theirs a video game channel, please shut up. What's worse? A TV channel that dedicates part of it's programming to a giant business that many people partake in, or Trolling on a thread just for the sake of bashing a network's programming? The network's programming has NOTHING to do with this segment.

G4TV merged with Tech TV. It used to focus on both Video games and Technology. Now it's nothing more then a Spike TV (with only a handful of shows that are dedicated to Games (actually one, as Attack of the Show, is really a show that focuses in on not only games, but also tech, entertainment, reviews, comedy. The channel sucks, other then AOTS and X-Play (it's really just Cops, Cheaters, Movies, typical stuff).

Regardless of the network, having watched Tech Tv and now G4 for years, I can only say that this report is what is important.

Kevin's reporting on the BP spill impacted me more then anything I've seen on any other site. It's true journalism. Doesn't matter if the channel has video game shows or not. In fact, after watching this segment, I can see Kevin moving on towards bigger and better things. Hopefully he will remain steadfast and true on this journey.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
i always liked aots. for these reasons exactly. they really do at least try to tell the truth. if theyre previewing electronics, even if sponsored by that corporation, they will break it all down and give all the pros and cons.

i have to say, coverage of this "spill"/false flag attention stealer is constant on every channel, but its all bs. they seemingly share scripts its so repetitive.

meanwhile theres a cure for aids, wars being waged and wars being started, theyre making black holes on earth, the govt is actively at war with citizens, unemployment, so many political promises are lies, free energy, our rights are being systematically stripped, the pope raped little kids, cops are beating citizens to death, were able now to regrow limbs, stem cell therapy has cured most blindness, we can now live up to 140yrs and be strong, and a million other things they dont want us to know. if this "spill" didnt happen it would be elian gonzales or cute puppies or something.

its all a lie

its all slight of hand

look here while somethings happening there

and its all our fault. i am an american, if you are too its our fault. you get the system you want, thats democracy. dont want this? then change it. go read or something, do some research and find out that this isnt what our founding fathers had in mind.

all of us sitting here talking and nothing else IS our consent. were asking for this slavery. now we have it. now everyones complaining. shut the f*** up and take the country back!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
It's not a "spill".
They have drilled into the side of a volcano.

I was just reading

www.disclose.tv...

and

www.examiner.com... oil-spill-disas

No more talk of explosives? IS this a false flag?

Comments please?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
People are forgetting that this is NOT A SPILL, it's a RUPTURE. The piping at the bottom of the sea floor is all your seeing. Please don't forget that that piping also extends into the sea bed to about 26,000FT below the sea bed.

BSL = Below Sea Level

If the reservoir collapsing in on itself is what you wanted to hear and read. Well. It will happen if they cant stop the rupture. Even if they do stop the rupture, I'm sure they will want to continue to collect the oil from the reservoir. If the depleted reservoir caves in on itself you will have a Tsunami's along with world wide earthquakes. Yes. World wide Earthquakes. Being the reservoir is 26,000FT below the sea floor. IF and when it collapses it will result in Earth Displacement. Where one Earthquake happens it will have to compensate for that movement somewhere else maybe even across the world, or even in Antarctica. We call this the [Earth Displacement Theory]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
S&F. This was a good report, and the first time I've seen anything mentioned on what is happening with the bottom of these boats. Scary. We need more reporting just like this.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Bravo!!!

That was some of the best, straight-forward, from the source reporting I've seen in years. My hat is off to G4TV and Kevin for having the courage to do that report.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It figures that the video game community is finally upstaging the general media.

Just wish they would bring back Screen Savers...none the less, here's to hoping G4TV keeps up the great steps towards greater journalism.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

When a VIDEO GAMES TV CHANNEL does a better job than the MSM at covering the oil spill, you know the MSM is UTTER BS.

Had to watch it on YouTube. The linked page, the video never loads.

It is a great report, but the coverage on the normal news channels has been in far more depth. You must not watch them is why you don't think they are covering this; because, they are. If that is your point, you are simply not being correct.

I watch two of the Broadcast News shows, CNN and FoxNews and they are all giving this lots of coverage. It slowed down over the General who was fired, but before that it was constant, every few minutes, all day long. Their reporters are getting way more access than this person did. That makes your premise not true.

I would never look for news on game channel, whatever that is? A channel for video game addicts?

Do you never watch news shows? Is that why you do not know what is or is not on them? I'm not talking about the commentary and opinion shows. I mean news reports? How could you not be aware they have covered this almost continuously?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SneakAPeek

Awe come on. What is it with this crap.

Oil is not inside a void that can collapse. It is in pores in solid rock. The worst that could happen is a settling of the floor as the pressure is released. The idea of a tsunami is so naive as to be proof the person saying it is completely illiterate on this topic. Not as illiterate as the Volcano crowd though.

I strongly suggest you pay a thing called a Library a visit and at least get some basic facts before spreading this stuff. It just makes people look like fools.

[edit on 6/26/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by SneakAPeek

Not as illiterate as the Volcano crowd though.

I strongly suggest you pay a thing called a Library a visit and at least get some basic facts before spreading this stuff. It just makes people look like fools.

[edit on 6/26/2010 by Blaine91555]

Last time I checked a dictionary spills happen out of containers. A container is a man made object. So the term spill and volcano are both wrong. Maybe an underwater gusher?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by N.of norml

You answered my question re fibreglass hulls. So, a worker gets paid to use his boat, but then the boat is damaged.

And then there's the engine. There seems to be some concern there also.

thehulltruth
discussion here

another boater discussion page
"They say you can smell it when the wind comes in from the gulf. "
"I wouldn't go boating in the slicks, simply because of the fire and health hazards."
"you most want to do is not suck crude into your heat exchangers. In other words, don't run the engine if there's oil in the water. "

Sounds pretty bad for boaters.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
What, endless AC360 bird-saving reruns aren't enough?

*chortle*

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I watched the G4 AoTS as the OP provided.

I was blown away by this kid's reporting.

As if the video wasn't depressing enough, also, it took a kid from a nerd show to basically show up 99.9% of the worlds' big-shot reporters on this issue. AC has been doing a GREAT job, but he peters out and runs several days' worth of rerun news.

Biased or not, this is a guy I would tune in to watch global news.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join