It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video game TV channel G4TV does what the MSM can't do

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+83 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
BP Oil Spill Effect On Wildlife

When a VIDEO GAMES TV CHANNEL does a better job than the MSM at covering the oil spill, you know the MSM is UTTER BS.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It's not a "spill".
They have drilled into the side of a volcano.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Really!??

where'd you hear that?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
This really is appalling that I have seen more coverage on the oil spill from a video game channel than the actual media.

It's just so god damn infuriating that our main stream media is a bunch of sackless neutered puppets.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Wow. I used to really dislike Kevin Pereira because he just seemed annoying to me, but after watching that video I have a lot of respect for the guy. He went down there and really checked out what is actually happening so that we can see as well.

I really didn't know that so many birds and animals were getting so oily. It really is a shame. When you actually see the devastation it really hits you 10 fold. I pray that this doesn't have lingering effects for decades and decades.

PS....... why the hell are they allowed to spray Corexit if its composition isn't disclosed? That's not right. Something is radically FUBAR with that!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Yes, it was not the usual production piece we've been used to seeing. What I wondered about was his mention about the "holes in the boat" of the VOP boat. Exactly what effects is the gunk having on the hulls? Anybody know?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
that crap is eating through fiberglass boats in a few weeks!!!... holly crap!.. thats some nasty crap!.. Were so screwed.. Props to G4 for doing real reporting!.. shame to the MSM

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
DOWNLOAD THIS RIGHT NOW

they will take it down I mean, this was just brilliant

man ... these guys have balls

again ... balls of steel

journalists like these seem to not exist anymore, so, congrats to do guy, he is a real journalist

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by E-ville
that crap is eating through fiberglass boats in a few weeks!!!... holly crap!.. thats some nasty crap!.. Were so screwed.. Props to G4 for doing real reporting!.. shame to the MSM

Exactly! I watch CNN and MSNBC every morning. Not once have I seen or heard a peep about the corrosive effects of Corexit. Nothing. Just small clips of an oily bird, the usual ROV cams and then they discuss the issue in a broad sense. I get the overwhelming impression that no one has a clue as to what's going on or what the dam plan is moving forward. All the prominent figures in power are reminding me of "The Family Guy" George Bush in the tree house after Katrina where he says to Brian from the Tree House "Don't make me do stuff!"

What's the plan? What's next? Wheres the footage? Wheres the investigating? Kevin Pereira gives us the best visual of the disaster????? How the hell is this even possible? I'm kind of in shock.

The MSM each day basically says "It's still gushing out, back to you Jim" "In other news........"

[edit on 25-6-2010 by spinalremain]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
the most amazing is that BP can put whatever they want in the water and wont disclose the chemicals details

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Video Game Channel... wow. Pardon my ignorance as we just don't watch tv anymore and haven't for years now, but is it literally a channel or just a show. I thought it was a show, God please don't tell me we have a whole channel on just video games.
It's pretty amazing they they covered the oil spill at all really though considering the clampdown BP has on the media outlets. I read here recently that there was a pretty horrific show in Austraila something akin to '60 Minutes' that did a show on it and it got pulled. Holes in the boat?

Edit:
Jesus there really is a Video Game channel. There's something kinda sad about that.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by twitchy]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Its more like a tech channel that's video game oriented. Attack of the Show is just a sort of all around show that caters to a teenage viewer audience that plays video games. But they dont spend much time on video games, theres other shows for that.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
nice catch OP, S&F
Let it be clear, the threat of corporate greed has dwarfed any terrorist threat. These almighty mega corporations are the guys we should really fear...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

So it's "sad" because it's something you're not interested in?

Second line.

And a third to say I think cooking SHOWS are ridiculous, let alone channels; go through my back posts, I don't think I've ever felt the need to make a pissy commentary on them.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnivea

It's sad because about 300 million Americans spend about 30 hours a week average watching crap like video game channels and yeah cooking shows and news commentaries and talent competitions and soap operas and made for television dramas and ludicrous mind numbing crap like Jack Ass, then they wonder why their politicians get away with crimes and why their high schoolers can't pass a fourth grade history exam from twenty years ago. Watch somebody watch tv sometime...
If you have that 30 hours to watch tv, spend three minutes of it watching this...
www.youtube.com...

Sorry, a little off topic

But I think I can make it relevant... 300 million americans, 30 hours a week, that's 9,000,000,000 9 BILLION man hours we could be spending kicking people like BP's asses.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by twitchy]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Video games are a huge billion dollar industry.

What's the problem with having a cable channel to cover the gaming news? It isn't exactly Pong and Pac Man they're covering.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I couldn't get the video to go past 3 minutes on their site, so I found it on youtube...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This is honestly incredible, what do people think will happen to their flesh and organs if that junk eats through boats?

What happens, like that man said, in a year when all the help is gone and they are left to leave to starve? What about the wildlife, who will clean them after this is over? IF this is ever over.

Watching this video has honestly given me a much greater understanding of the devastation down there. Unbelievable.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Wow this thread title says it all, and while I think that this oil spill is more of a slight of hand/kansas city shuffle I still think this guy did a wonderful job covering it. Just like the OP said MSM is getting shown up by a video game host how do you take the main stream media seriously now?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join