It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ANALYSIS:Suspicions over new Al-Qaeda execution video is fake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
A Video circulating on many popular terror and anti-terror websites depicting the execution of Robert Jacob by Islamic Militants. After deliberation a team of ATSNN reporters and members concluded that this video was faked by an unknown culprit.

An analysis of this video has led to us as labelling it as staged. There are many errors and discrepancies in this video which we'll explain out to you.

Editing
1. There appears to have been a edit at the point where the camera was put onto the floor. The image movement is not violent enough for the camera to have been put down as it appears. We would also expect a sharper audio "clatter" at this point.
Conclusion = Deliberate setting down of camera in an area chosen.

2. This visual edit is partially hidden by a possibly fake auto-exposure change. There was nothing in the footage than should have triggered this naturally.
Conclusion = Edit hidden deliberately

3. The audio track appears in sync with the "kick-back" from the pistol at the end of the video. Given the edit as the camera is put down, this must mean the audio recorded and synced later.
Conlusion = Use of gunshot to mask audio edit point, audio synced indicating tape HAS been tampered with

4. There is no smoke or discharge visible from the pistol. There are also not visible bullet holes or hits on the victim. No blood either.
Conclusion = Use of blanks

5. No "ragdolling", after being shot the body stayed very still, no flailing or scream of pain.
Conclusion = Use of actors

People
The accent doesn't sound all that Arabian or American to me.. almost more like a Leeds/Yorkshire accent.

Clothes are casual, not exactly religious dress.

Further Notes
What's with the subtle camera movement on the floor as the guy is being "shot"? you can see the camera move slowly as if to reframe the shot slightly.
Conclusion = Deliberate repositioning of camera by out-of-sight person

This could only happen naturally if it was a pretty heavy camera resting on a soft material, and "settling down". this doesn't match the idea of a small hand held camera being dumped on the ground. It would actually be quite hard to move a small camera that slowly and slightly.

It looks to me like someone was attempting to re-frame the shot a little, without giving away too much. And if someone was behind the camera at that point, why not pick it up and point it more clearly at the victim? We can see there are three people present at the filming at least.

Also.. notice how fat-man does a little skip/jump as he start to shoot. He's been watching too many movies that guy....

SPECIAL THANKS TO ATS MEMBER MUPPET.
The content of this post was mostly u2u'd to me by him so i could collate it and put it alongside with our findings. Thanks muppet

Busting frauds one at a time

[edit on 6-14-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Good job all, I'm impressed. Wish I had got a chance to help with the debunking though.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
There's a thread here discussing video. Any more observations/research welcome!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 13-6-2004 by muppet]

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
After watching the video it does seem to be a fake. Well done everyone.

Now, it would be great if we found out who it really was. I doubt it was the US government btw.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Now, it would be great if we found out who it really was. I doubt it was the US government btw.

probably why the government wont confirm that he was killed because they dont think its real.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

In my opinion it was the same people who did the "Countdown Video" . There are too many similarities between the two. I betting we will see where the video originated from, via NEIN in a couple of days.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
OH wow.

I can't believe I missed this!

I can't imagine the implications of this...

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Excellent analysis, but I am still in the camp of believing it is real.

Although the above points reflect accurate observations,...
I still got a queezy feeling about it not being staged.

[edit on 14-6-2004 by smirkley]

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
bah, ok so now we've got 2 videos that have been debunked due to shoddy editing (not to mention being purely illogical with a lack of blood and such)....

i won't be shocked if the next video turns out to be "real".

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
What if the video is that of this guy Johnson who is on CNN now and the guy is really already dead.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Is there somewhere I can view the video. I could not open the link on the other thread.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Sorry, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with the analysis.

I've been doing reverse speech on these damn things since the Berg video, dispite the fact that they are totally sickening to work with. They are ALL false-flag operations. Unfortunately the hoax stops there. I'm sorry to say both this and the Berg video clearly involve murder.

Reversals from Robert Jacob's murder will probably go in the Reverse Speech history books. They are horrifying.

I downloaded a copy of the video from This site

There are only eight seconds of usable audio, before the rapid fire shots (after the first) make audio useless. I did a time-stretch (makes it slower) to 183%, giving almost fifteen seconds of sound.

First as the assailants approach Jacobs, one of them speaks twice, two syllables each time. I cannot make out the "forward speech" but the second instance, when reversed, sounds a lot like "Damn It!" If I didn't have another English reversal from them I wouldn't mention it. My guess is that Jacobs is not in the spot they want him to be - ie. he is outside or beyond the predetermined camera view.

At normal speed it is hard to make out anything from the audio. Slowed, you get a much better understanding. As the attackers run at Jacobs, he realizes he is being attacked but does not yet realize the true danger. He yells very loudly "I don't wanta fight!" He is startled and angry, and the reversal is clear: "You Mother!"

The attackers are in close now, one of them jabbering something but Jacobs drowns him out. Again at the top of his lungs he yells, "Police! Hey!". In this moment, though, I believe he has seen the gun, because his clear reversal is "They want to kill you!"

Immediately following this, one of the attackers shouts something that sounds like "press it". Whether this is English, Arabic, German or French, I have no idea. But I know one thing for sure. Reversed, he says "kill him!"

As far as we understand the unconscious process that generates reversed speech through the brain's right hemisphere, this command is directed at himself or his companion and necessarily means that at least one of them is a native English speaker. At times a person will speak in one language but reverse in the language of the person(s) to whom a strong message is directed. If this reversal had been something like "stand still", then it might have been directed at Jacobs and I could not draw this particular conclusion.

Jacobs then shouts "No! No!". In this case the reversal, Oh No! is probably a speech artifact (a constant) that always reverses that way.

Instantly, the first shot sounds and Jacobs falls to the ground. There is about one second (stretched) before the other shots are fired, and in that brief instant you can here Jacobs, gasping in a much smaller voice, "My God!"

In this last second of life, the reversal is "get up!" as he vainly tries to save himself.

Actors? Oh, No. This is absolutely REAL. Speech reversals are an unconcious process, and no actor on earth is capable of producing an unconscious script. In fact if it WAS an actor, the reversals would be more like "move right", "fall down", "say it", and so on.

As I said, all of these are false-flag operations. The hoax lies in who is doing the killing, and who is producing the video. Have no doubts, these are real murders by real killers, and they say more about what is really happening than anything you will see on the nightly news.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This is really bad. First off there was the Nick Berg execution which in my view and many other people's view was carried out in Abu-Gharib prison by westerners and now we have this execution which is also not what it seems. What is going on here?

top topics

join