It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former VP Cheney hospitalized

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

has a long history of heart disease??

Strange, by his actions I assumed he didnt have a heart.

he has a heart, it just doesn't like him.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
My feelings about Mr. Cheney's discomfort are best summed up by a quote from the man himself.
"So?"

[edit on 25-6-2010 by 23refugee]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Slightly off topic but I wonder,

The blood of how many innocent souls are on Cheney's hands??

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Originally posted by MrWendal
That way he can rot in a jail cell for his crimes against humanity.

Care to elaborate? I have no idea what you are talking about?

Cheney was the most influential person to hold the Vice Presidents office since George HW Bush. I think he did a great job!

I think there is really nothing to elaborate on. I am certainly not going to get into a silly partisan argument and toss around accusations after accusation just for you to sit and say, "I disagree" and go on to support the decisions Cheney made while a VP of this country.

Dick Cheney is a traitor and a war criminal. If you do not know why I would say that, than quite frankly, you have not been paying attention.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

thanks, you just made my day! I would give you a star and flag, but i cant figure out how to do it on ATS mobile. On a side note, i remember Will Ferrell doing this stand up routine on HBO last year and he said " Dick Cheney is so slick he can shoot an old man in the face with a shotgun, and have that old man apoligize to him!" lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Absolutely awesome observation!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Dick Cheney is in hospital? I don't know whether to laugh or cry. He had it coming to him, that cold SOB. Oh well life carries on as we get past through the hard times. Hopefully he shows some heart in his next life. But I wish him good luck carrying his huge debt load of Karma with him. Hehe! Get it!?!? Debt! HAAAAHAAA!!

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Shrukin89]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
His oil stocks are down, he just recieved the report of the real amount of oil being dumped in the gulf and knows thats lost money he won't get back, and then he found out there not going to cover up Haliburtons involvement. Hes having a real hard time right now!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Dick Cheney is a traitor and a war criminal. If you do not know why I would say that, than quite frankly, you have not been paying attention.

It shouldn't be too hard to elaborate on such a profound declaration.

What makes the the most qualified VP in more than a decade a traitor and a war criminal?

I've been paying attention and I don't hold that view.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
All this talk about heart, let's play one for the Dick while he convalesces.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

When the Vice President of the United States says that he believes ... waterboarding is 'appropriate,' there is no other conclusion that I can reach other than I know it's a form of torture," said Sen. Levin. "It's been acknowledged as a form of torture I think since the Inquisition."

rawstory.com...

Thats just one instance and I might add its fully admitted by good ole Cheney.....

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The manner in which the waterboarding was carried out by the US did not meet the standard of torture, such as it was used by others in history.

The tactic worked and no one was harmed in the process.

That may not be important to you, but it is very important to the security of this nation.

When you take into consideration all the facts regarding the illegal combatant and what could be lawfully done to them, waterboarding is quite mild.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

So you dont agree that torturing is a crime????

The end justifies the means huh ?

Lets not worry about little things like the Geneva Convention when our Nations security is at stake....

Hell, they all confess after being waterboarded 100 times, sleep deprived and other neccessary actions...
So they are guilty and deserved the treatment?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

So you dont agree that torturing is a crime????

Lets not worry about little things like the Geneva Convention when our Nations security is at stake....

See now? You're attributing to me things that I didn't say.

The Geneva Conventions do not apply to illegal combatants.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
yea he is a human being and all... but he was an effin bastard!

I hope he dies... but not yet... i want him to be put on trial for crimes against humanity and hung!

then... he can die.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The Major is quite amused. Karmic debt? Dick Cheney had the first of five heart attacks when he was 37, he is now 69. The Major would say from a Karmic standpoint the prevailing hypothesis is horrendously flawed. As for those recruits that can't help dancing on a grave that is yet to be dug, the Major would advise you to wish for a speedy recovery of the former Vice President. When Dick Cheney departs this mortal coil, the recruits will be in a world of hurt. Who will be the object of your collective derision then? Who will the recruits blame for the woeful ineptness of your lilly livered incompetents and liberal puppets? The Major is reasonably sure that Barack Hussein Obama and the mindless shills down at MSNBC are engaging in the ironic and foreign art of prayer in order to preserve the life of their numero uno diversion and object de obfuscation. When Dick is gone, who are the recruits going to blame then? George W. Bush? The Major wishes you luck with that. The problem being the recruits have insisted he was an idiot incapable of dressing himself much less running the country in a maniacal fashion unless Dick Cheney was elbow deep in his colon and was taking first prize at a talent contest with a ventriloquist act.

Careful what you wish for recruits, sometimes you get exactly what you wish for, and that's usually when the Karmic debt comes due.

Dismissed.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
They are working on his new darth vader body. They will transfer his consciousness when his mechanical first generation darth vader heart gives out.

They got all the cool life extension technologies...just not for us regular insured folks

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Cold dead black beating heart. Your post was a hearty laugh.
Way to go bro!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

So exactly when did the "Competent Tribunal" decide these prisoners were Illegal Combatants??? Till such time they ARE POWs and entitled to protection under the Geneva Convention......

The Geneva Conventions apply in wars between two or more states. Article 5 of the GCIII states that the status of a detainee may be determined by a "competent tribunal." Until such time, he is to be treated as a prisoner of war.[2] After a "competent tribunal" has determined his status, the "Detaining Power" may choose to accord the detained unlawful combatant the rights and privileges of a POW, as described in the Third Geneva Convention, but is not required to do so. An unlawful combatant who is not a national of a neutral State, and who is not a national of a co-belligerent State, retains rights and privileges under the Fourth Geneva Convention so that he must be "treated with humanity and, in case of trial, shall not be deprived of the rights of fair and regular trial."[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 26-6-2010 by virgom129]

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26/6/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

It shouldn't be too hard to elaborate on such a profound declaration.

What makes the the most qualified VP in more than a decade a traitor and a war criminal?

I've been paying attention and I don't hold that view.

Well we will have to agree to disagree as I believe that waterboarding is torture, and from reading your other replies you clearly do not feel that way. Although I am aware that the US is a signatory to the 1984 UN Convention Against Torture, which bans inflicting "severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental". So while you can argue that the way the US did the waterbaording technique is different, there is in my opinion no denying that waterboarding is inflicting suffering mentally.

However my opinion is based on more than just the issue of torture. For instance, Dick Cheney played a very large role in assembling the "evidence" that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and played an enormous role in making the case to invade Iraq based on what we now know to be fabricated evidence. This resulted in the invasion of a sovereign nation, the death of hundreds of thousands of Iraqi's, and thousands of U.S. soldiers. Now if you believe that this does not make him a war criminal, than there is nothing I can say to ever change your mind.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join