It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Paige(Led Zepplin guy)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Check this backtracking site of Led Zepplin's Stairway to Heaven it Stairway to Heaven backtrackin link

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
wow that link is crazy to say the least maybe they arent satanic but they are definately occultists

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Aarrg! Why do so many still equate 'occult' with satanism? The craziest thing about these mystical EEvil occultic orders ... you know the ones...
Is that those " eeevil magickal rituals" that 'they' practice are all essentially christian!
Once upon a time, I was a seeker, looking for a group to study with that worked with the Darker left-handed path...yup! I'll confess it!
Then, I started researching where the golden dawn came from, and I stumbled onto the rosicrusions. After that I familiarized myself with their beliefs and practices, and eventually came to the conclusion that these orders originated from esoteric christian mysticism. I'm not claiming to know what goes on inside these groups, but I truely believe that their origional foundation is christian. How can that be Satanic? Hmmm? Therefore- Jimmy Page was not a satanist!

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I feel the need to respond here, as a HUGE Zeppelin fan I feel the need to say that yes they were well JP was an Occultist there's no doubt about it, in fact there was even a false report that JP was hovering over JB's body speaking in tongues when they found his body. It's plain to see for the most part all of them were VERY VERY VERY spiritual and stairway to heaven is the most spiritual song out there the lyrics use metaphors from the bible, now as anyone can see every good must have an evil the most spiritual song included backwards satan is mentioned forwards god is mentioned. In many songs Zep talks about using love to fight evil I don't believe any of them were satanists they were very much occultists though.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I heard that he practiced until his fingers bled to get that good. And also that he put a fish inside a woman, how she got it out I have no clue, unless she got it turned around somehow. Don't know if that one's true or not.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I know almost all of the Zeppelin urban legends and no that one isn't true it turns out that one was linked back to the fifth member of Zeppein their manager and a roadie who had ahem, done a girl with a mud shark.. which actually wound up being a red snapper. However it is supposedly true that he once walked into a hotel room saw about 5 naked girls in a hot tub threw a live octopus into the hot tub and gave them a wonderfully good time by doing so. I'm sure there was no deal with the devil they were just very creative and very hard working musicians.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Jimmy Page is not a Satanist. He is a Thelemite, a member of Ordo Templi Orientis, and a disciple of Aleister Crowley�s system of Magick.

it matters not.....

unless you belong to a religious group that strictly forbids associating with anything other than your own belief system, and may only read, listen too, or spend time with like-minded people.

"Occult" means hidden...

Led Zepplin was a fine band. Jimmy Page can be a rotten human being (I don't know), living in the Boleskin House (Crowley's old home on the Loch Ness) might have been Jimmy Pages way of trying to improve his own magical skills, or maybe it wa good publicity.

Ultimately-if you want to look for "devils", even the most innocent things become sinister.

BTW-the Pentagram is a sacred symbol. It is not evil, simply vilified by Hollywood, and the more extreme religious types.

You may buy the music of such people, or not.

The choice is yours.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
well i think there music is great i liked itt since i was 4 or 5.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I wonder what the group is doing now? Are they still playing? Can he still play at all? I had no idea Jimmy Page was a part of the OTO. I bet Alister Crowley's former house is haunted, I don't know how he stays there. Although it sounds wrather facinating does he still live there? Alister Crowley was deemed master Satanist of the century wasn't he?

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
I wonder what the group is doing now? Are they still playing? Can he still play at all?

Led Zeppelin split up in 1979, following the death of drummer John Bonham. Their last album as a band was �In Through The Out Door�, but a collection of b-sides was released in 1980 under the title of �Coda�.

Several years later, Page hooked up with former Free and Bad Company singer Paul Rodgers to form a new band called The Firm.

In the 1990�s, he released several solo albums, as well an album with former Deep Purple and Whitesnake singer David Coverdale.
Since then, he has released several more solo albums, still innovating by combining blues, classical, and jazz techniques.

Zeppelin singer Robert Plant found a successful solo career, and bassist John Paul Jones now runs his own studio, producing modern blues.

I had no idea Jimmy Page was a part of the OTO.

Page joined an English branch of the O.T.O. in the mid-1960�s, when he was still playing for The Yardbirds.

I bet Alister Crowley's former house is haunted, I don't know how he stays there. Although it sounds wrather facinating does he still live there?

He sold the place in the 1980�s, but still lives in Scotland. If you�ve ever seen Zeppelin�s movie �The Song Remains The Same�, the old castle where much of the film takes place is the Crowley Boleskin estate.

Alister Crowley was deemed master Satanist of the century wasn't he?

Only by people who have no idea what they�re talking about. He was a Thelemite, not a Satanist...sort of what people today would call a �Pagan�, although this isn�t entirely accurate either. The religion of Thelema superficially recognizes and honors the ancient Egyptian gods, but only as symbols of the principles of the Qabalah, and not necessarily as literal beings.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Wow! Masonic Light I bet you have atleast met him being an OTO member yourself. I practice blues on piano every day. My goal is to eventually be a decent jazz player. I love Jazz it will be some time before I can really rip the keys up though. Its tough enough just to play those chord progressions with a melody let alone play something improvised on the spot over the same chord structure. I learned Black Orpheus the other day, someone elses version of it can be heard at www.geocities.com....

I haven't seen that movie you mentioned I must needs see it.

Does it benefit an aspiring musician in any way to be a member of the OTO? I know there is no short cut for hard work but I was just wondering??

[edit on 20-6-2004 by TgSoe]

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Wow! Masonic Light I bet you have atleast met him being an OTO member yourself.

No, I�ve never met Page, although of course, I�d like to. I�ve met David Gilmore of Pink Floyd, the late, great George Harrison, and have even partied with Black Oak Arkansas, Blue Oyster Cult, and Kansas!
But, alas, that was many moons ago....

I practice blues on piano every day. My goal is to eventually be a decent jazz player. I love Jazz it will be some time before I can really rip the keys up though. Its tough enough just to play those chord progressions with a melody let alone play something improvised on the spot over the same chord structure.

I�m a big jazz fan. I love that stuff by Thelonious Monk, John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Diz, Bird, etc. A lot of the jazz pioneers were also Masons, including Duke Ellington, Louis Armstrong, and Count Basie.

Does it benefit an aspiring musician in any way to be a member of the OTO? I know there is no short cut for hard work but I was just wondering??

Well, you could probably meet some fellow musicians in O.T.O., but they would frown on anyone joining just to find a bass player. O.T.O. is a religious body....unorthodox religion for sure, but they take their religion seriously, and are only interested in receiving Thelemites.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   

O by ML]I�m a big jazz fan. I love that stuff by Thelonious Monk, John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Diz, Bird, etc. A lot of the jazz pioneers were also Masons, including Duke Ellington, Louis Armstrong, and Count Basie.

ML, I had no idea all those folk were Masons , thats really started me to wondering if you have to become a Mason to make anything out of yourself in this world, on a Major scale that is.

Well, you could probably meet some fellow musicians in O.T.O., but they would frown on anyone joining just to find a bass player. O.T.O. is a religious body....unorthodox religion for sure, but they take their religion seriously, and are only interested in receiving Thelemit

I read on there site that you can attend one of thier funtions (The Gnostic Catholic Church I think) without being committed but that you must partake of the Eucharist at the end. Which appearantly is some sort of communion. Advance beyond than that and a bond has been created that can never be severed. Can you elaborate on that any ML?

Did you say that you are also the Master of your Masonic Lodge ?

I would never join for selfish motivation.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   

ML, I had no idea all those folk were Masons , thats really started me to wondering if you have to become a Mason to make anything out of yourself in this world, on a Major scale that is.

Talent and creative genius made those guys great, and would have regardless if they had or had not been Freemasons. Of the above three, Ellington was the most active, and was a Past Master in his Lodge, 33� in Scottish Rite, Knight Templar in York Rite, and was a Shriner.

He could also play a mean piano. Every time here �Drop Me Off In Harlem�, forget it, I�m in heaven.

I read on there site that you can attend one of thier funtions (The Gnostic Catholic Church I think) without being committed but that you must partake of the Eucharist at the end. Which appearantly is some sort of communion. Advance beyond than that and a bond has been created that can never be severed. Can you elaborate on that any ML?

The Gnostic Mass, which is the official ritual of the Gnostic Catholic Church and is open to the public, can be read here:

www.hermetic.com...

As for the O.T.O., the new Brother or Sister becomes bound to the Order through the ceremony of initiation.

Masonry is similar in this regard. For example, when opening the Lodge of Perfection on the 14 � of the Scottish Rite, the Master asks: �Brother Senior Warden, are Perfect Elus bond or free?�
To which he responds: �Both if they be true Masons: bound by their obligations, and the sacred ties of friendship and honor; free from ignorance, superstition, and all that makes men slaves.�

Did you say that you are also the Master of your Masonic Lodge ?

I was Master in 2002, have served as Secretary since then. The Office of Secretary is basically administrative, keeping accounts, recording minutes at the meetings, issuing dues notices and collecting dues, paying Lodge bills, making financial reports to the Lodge and Grand Lodge, etc.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
"Ellington was the most active, and was a Past Master in his Lodge, 33� in Scottish Rite, Knight Templar in York Rite, and was a Shriner. "

Can you verify this info, Masonic Light?
Interested to know.

S & F,

Bro. Joe

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
someone i used to talk to online smoked a joint with the man himself long ago...said he was a very misunderstood person & i identified with that.

hey, is being an occultist more sinister than being mainstream and believing in eternal damnation and the inherent repulsiveness of ourselves? no, i dare say it's not.

jimmy page is now heavily involved with his own charity devoted to helping brazilian street kids...i think he lives there too. a lot of rich and famous live in brazil by the way...maybe they know something we don't?

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Most Zep fans have known that they we into the Occult, which only mean "hidden" for a very long while. This is important how?

Most would consider me an occultist....I am NOT into Satanism at all! One has nothing to do with the other...

[edit on 7/26/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor was right
hey, is being an occultist more sinister than being mainstream and believing in eternal damnation and the inherent repulsiveness of ourselves? no, i dare say it's not.

But, the occult is not sinister. Others have portrayed it as such in an attempt to make it appear evil.
Believing in eternal damnation and the inherent repulsiveness of manking is what is truly sinister. Think about why the powers that be would want mankind in a subrugated position, not able to think for himself or develop himself fully.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
There is a great book about the occult & rock n' roll called "Hellhounds On Their Trail." It has a big section on Led Zeppelin. I think I remember something about how Robert Plant's son died young in an accident & for a while he blamed it on Jimmy Page & their connection with the occult...as if it tainted them. I think one of the guys from Hall & Oates was a big Crowley fan, as well, or something like that...been a while since I read the book. But Page was definitely one of the biggest rock n roll Crowleyites

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassie Clay
I think one of the guys from Hall & Oates was a big Crowley fan, as well, or something like that...been a while since I read the book.

The only song I ever remember from them is "Maneater". Now I can hear it in my head. How horrid.

From what I can tell and what I've been told about his website, Danny carey from Tool is a Crowley fan, as well. The opening graphic is a symbol for some Order founded by Crowley, if memory serves me. The site is www.dannycarey.org... if anyone is interested.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join