It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Paige(Led Zepplin guy)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
something all Led Zepplin fans should know, jimmy was a active occultist and a member of the OTO, he even went as far as to buy aleister crowley's mansion, he was also Satanic.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Okay, he belonged to OTO. Lots of people belong to OTO. In fact, Masonic Light gave a brief history of them recently, I believe.

Why does that make either Jimmy Paige or A. Crowley satanic? I don't follow your train of thought

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
it doesnt make them satanic they just were satanic, there was a video on TV of jimmy page in aliester crowley's house, doing a satanic ritual and on his knees in the middle of a satanic pentagram traced in blood sayin some gibberish and he was wearing a satanic pentagram around his neck.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Well, then I guess he made a deal with the devil to get those amazing guitar hands. Or he was in a deal with the devil to see who could play guitar better, and if Paige won he would be able to be lead guitar in a kick ass band. Ever think about that?

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinegunjordan
it doesnt make them satanic they just were satanic, there was a video on TV of jimmy page in aliester crowley's house, doing a satanic ritual

MGJ
---they were just satanic---what the world does that mean. How do you know it was a satanic ritual?

Have you read this thread about OTO?????????
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 13-6-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
because it said it was a satanic ritual and obviously if you read it all you would know

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I dont care what the man believed in, all I believe in is rock.

Must make up more lines to avoid one liner penalty.

So anyways I agree with Jamuhn, it was probably a devil went down to georgia scenario.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
MJG~~
read it all what? You just made a claim with nothing to back it up. How am I supposed to know what you read?

Agent brings to mind an interesting idea: does listening to Zep mean the devil is sending us messages, ya think

[edit on 13-6-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Jimmy Page is not a Satanist. He is a Thelemite, a member of Ordo Templi Orientis, and a disciple of Aleister Crowley�s system of Magick.
Page bought Crowley�s Boleskin mansion on Loch Ness in Scotland back in the �70�s. Much of Led Zeppelin�s film �The Song Remains The Same� was filmed there, and �Stairway To Heaven� was composed in the room that was used by Crowley as his study.

BTW....Zep rules all.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
zepplin was very good i loved black dog i have2 CDs by them but i think someone said he was satanic or atleast an occultist.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
All 4 members of the band were occultists, but none were Satanists. Jimmy Page continues to be a Thelemite, and has been ordained as a Priest in the O.T.O.�s Gnostic Catholic Church. Robert Plant and John Paul Jones haveconverted to Buddhism, but still study Hermeticism.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
To me, and this is just me, understand, the lyrics to "Stairway to Heaven" are explicity messianic, if not outright Christian.

And it's whispered that soon, if we all call the tune
Then the piper will lead us to reason
And a new day will dawn for those who stand long
And the forest will echo with laughter

Yes there are two paths you can go by
but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on

Your head is humming and it won't go because you don't know
The piper's calling you to join him
Dear lady can't you hear the wind blow and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind

And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our souls
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show
How everything still turns to gold
And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last
When all are one and one is all

To anyone fairly conversant with alchemism and rosicrucianism, I believe the meanings of the symbols are obvious.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I like many of my peers (that would be us "old" guys), I could not resist the temptation of playing the fine licks of Led Zeppelin backwards (a noted benefit of vinyl, among others) and all I ever got was ...Deny Ignorance... ...Skeptic Overlord rules all... ...Use the search function... it made no sense to me then, but I was haunted by dreams of a bald guy in red tights... freaky stuff when you're just a kid... never did figure out what it all meant, then I discovered girls...

Led Zeppelin lyrics.

[edit on 13/6/2004 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexKennedy
To me, and this is just me, understand, the lyrics to "Stairway to Heaven" are explicity messianic, if not outright Christian.

That�s an interesting interpretation. Page told Rolling Stone in 1972 that the �Lady�, to whom the song is dedicated, is Diana, the Greek Moon Goddess, who is an aspect of Isis and the Egypto-Thelemic Goddess Nuit.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
fyi, a pentacle isn't satanic. The five points of the pentacle stand for earth, fire, water, air, and spirit. This symbol is a common religious symbol for pagans. It does not represent evil of any kind.

yes, some satanists have adopted it this symbol, but it was a pagan religious symbol long before that. there are many pagan paths, and the majority of them do not even believe in satan.

Wicca, for instance, has no Satanic figure. All witches are pagans, but all pagans are not witches. :-)

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
... could not resist the temptation of playing the fine licks of Led Zeppelin backwards (a noted benefit of vinyl, among others) and all I ever got was ...Deny Ignorance... ...Skeptic Overlord rules all... ...Use the search function... i

Ah, yes, I remember doing that too. Everyone did it after that Beatles song made playing records backwards soooo popular.
MM, do you remember: ATS rules...find the rings....join now...and no one line replies

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Jimmy Paige was/is not a Satanist, that was all for show to help sell records. Even Robert Plant once said we used to fool around with the occult to help sell records and be different but today's groups and kids are completely out of their minds.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Well, then I guess he made a deal with the devil to get those amazing guitar hands. Or he was in a deal with the devil to see who could play guitar better, and if Paige won he would be able to be lead guitar in a kick ass band. Ever think about that?

I have heard that story before about him making a pact with the devil. I agree with 'GrndLkNatv' that i would be a good ploy to get record sales. Being in one of the coolest bands ever IMO and feeding people stories like this would make news and more publicity perhaps.

I wouldnt mind making a pact with the devil to play that good lol

Rynaldo

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
Jimmy Paige was/is not a Satanist, that was all for show to help sell records. Even Robert Plant once said we used to fool around with the occult to help sell records...

Were you concluding that fooling around with the occult = fooling around with satanism?
Cuz that would be a faulty conclusion. Here's what OCCULT means:

# Of, relating to, or dealing with supernatural influences, agencies, or phenomena.
# Beyond the realm of human comprehension; inscrutable.
# Available only to the initiate; secret: occult lore. See Synonyms at mysterious.
# Hidden from view; concealed.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
If I had to join a secret society/cult to play guitar as good as Jimmy, I would. Maybe thats why Led Zeppelin were so good...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join